Reaction From the manager

KingKirk

35 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Exactly.. Teams can start slow you know and as for ohalloran- he will never make the cut at ibrox. Not doubting the guys ability but maybe he's better in a counter attacking side.

everyone slagging Miller because of his age aswell. It's a complete non starter. If anyone's needing dropped/rested its lee Wallace.   So much dillydallying on the ball lack of pace.  4 games in and the panic merchants are out. I can remember being at rugby park with Miller Boyd mendes Davis and we drew 0-0 and never had a clear cut chance.   You need to stop acting like wee bitches and accept there will be crap games in a 38 game season

I don't care about other teams. The only team we take notice of is celic and they ain't started slow. If we started slow as well as them we'd be annoyed we didn't start better. 

MOH is a good player, Mckay should be dropped he's been hopeless.

Wallace rested? He should be dropped indefinitely.

We all know there is crap games in a season but theres now 34 games left. In theory we could lose 6 games and draw 4 or 5 across 38 and still end up with 85-88 points which could potentially win us the league. Now the draws should be coming at parkhead and pittodrie not fucking killie and hamilton at home.  

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

You backed Ally till the death, why is anyone going to listen to what you say :lol: 

Really? That the best you've got? .. As once again you get the knifes out to defend your white flag attitudes and your nothing is ever good enough betrayals of the team. Again! 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What happened to patience, time to build - my goodness the wolves were out when we had no 'philosophy' - we were told we need to think long term, work

within our means, build for the future - the reality is we have no patience for that - loads of calls for spending huge sums, buy our way better, we can't even support a decent manager through a wee difficult spell - where we remain unbeaten - sure it's not our best but even our great teams had bad spells. 

But reading some of the comments here we have no concept of patience - we only have patience if we are winning. A season is a long time! 

Well I can't speak for others but in my opinion having patience is about seeing progress.

I can take losing. I can accept poor results (such as drawing to relegation candidates) as long as we see improvement.

As long as you can see what direction we are going in and it is a positive one. I said the exact same with PLG and indeed with Ally. 

I am not being facetious. I genuinely admire your support of managers who are struggling. I am not giving up on MW yet but he is not learning nearly quickly enough and I don't see progress. I see regression.

When we were passing teams to death last year and many were wetting their knickers about leaving it late in matches and conceding goals, the majority supported it because they could see the benefit and they could see potential. That's all gone now. The games this season have been fucking shite. And the games after the semi last season were fucking shite

many have been saying for weeks it needs to get sorted MW has said it needs to get sorted. Miller has said it needs to get sorted. It's not getting sorted. It's getting worse. 

He needs to learn his best 11 fast. He needs to learn that every team treat Rangers as their cup final. He needs to learn we get fuck all from Refs and he needs to develop more than one tactic. Football is complicated and he is doing it a massive disservice by thinking he doesn't need a plan B 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I don't care about other teams. The only team we take notice of is celic and they ain't started slow. If we started slow as well as them we'd be annoyed we didn't start better. 

MOH is a good player, Mckay should be dropped he's been hopeless.

Wallace rested? He should be dropped indefinitely.

We all know there is crap games in a season but theres now 34 games left. In theory we could lose 6 games and draw 4 or 5 across 38 and still end up with 85-88 points which could potentially win us the league. Now the draws should be coming at parkhead and pittodrie not fucking killie and hamilton at home.  

But we've drawn at killie a few times over the years and aslong as were within touching distance in March I'm confident we'll have a good run in.  Titles aren't won in August or September and were more than capable of hammering teams and going on a long unbeaten streak.

were talking fine lines here and warburton will have the team well drilled and sorted for the next game

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

the defence is fucking terrible mate, its not going to get any better. Boyd out paced our defence last night.  the taigs have a lot of pace in their side and will have a field day. it is what it is and its not good. 

The defence is a weak area but everyone does their job then the pass to Boyd doesn't even get played. We defend as a team and attack as a team and at the moment we're sloppy at both, but it will change. The killie and Hamilton goalies have had good games against us and along with poor decision making cost us 4 points but it won't go on much longer

Sick to the back teeth of listening to him after games. 'We learn from it.' Aye, Mark, but when the fuck do we start implementing ? Same problems since April, and haven't come close to a complete 90 minute performance since. 

25 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Sick to the back teeth of listening to him after games. 'We learn from it.' Aye, Mark, but when the fuck do we start implementing ? Same problems since April, and haven't come close to a complete 90 minute performance since. 

The thing is when he comes out with we'll learn from it shite then never do.....he must realise this is really noising up the fans? 

Surely to fuck....we learn nothing!

It is difficult at the moment. 

From a position where we saw some breathtaking performances last season to now where the team looks out of sorts for prolonged periods.

Kranjcar for me looks like the only signing who is adding quality to the team. Barton I am sure has the potential to raise his game. Difficult time for the management team with the defensive issues in particular not yet addressed.

I would take Walter in as director of football but take a seat in the dressing room to look the players in the eye and check they are giving it their all. And ban twitter....one of the best decisions he did towards the end and focused solely on winning.

I think John Brown is doing guest appearances in the hospitality section but someone of his passion should be down there booting balls!

I listened again to the RTV article about the Manager's reaction.    It was pointed out to him the number of times Rangers have found themselves behind at half time.   He acknowledged himself that first half performances have not been good enough - slow starting and it should not take until half time or until subs are made to get going.  He acknowledged the points that have been dropped already.

Its one thing to acknowledge the issues / problems.   Quite another to take that information and quickly apply corrective action.   That's the job of any manager, not just a football manager.   But here we are, 4 games into the league campaign, and we are still stuck in identifying the problem mode with no tangible improvement in taking goal scoring chances and still looking shaky in defence.   Our track record for the league season starts to look like it will trend to losing a goal a game and to struggle to score at the other end.  Hardly a set of performances so far that live up to (or even hint towards) the MW-stated goal of being 'more than competitive'.  

Managers are paid to deliver the targets set before them.   If it looks like they are not going to achieve then guess what - very close scrutiny is applied by their own bosses and in the case of football clubs by the Support and by the media.  More so when it is Rangers and even more so given the seasons we've had to endure on the way back to the top flight, and had to endure on off-field stuff.     

There will be no ice to cut at the end of the season (or maybe before it) in scratching about for excuses like the 4 penalty claims (one 'stick on' according to MW) that did not get awarded.  Nor excuses about injuries - he had the opportunity to build a squad for the season taking account of the prospect of injuries, suspensions and loss of form and he has declared himself happy to run with the squad as is albeit he'd like to add another CB.   

If he does not know how to turn this around and obtain sustained runs of winning games then not only is he going to have a disappointing season, so are the players and more than that so is the Support.    He has a responsibility to take decisive and effective action.  So far he has not done so and (imo) is not showing much by way of capability to do so.    Analysing only informs and clearly the quality of analysis is important as an enabler to reaching key decisions.   But if analysis cannot (or will not) be translated into action which transforms the play and leads to sustained runs of wins then its not really Management that would be good enough.   

I'm sure he appreciates that already this run of form and point loss is bring very strong critical focus on the team and on the performance of the management team.    Is he a manager for this league?   Wonder what we'll be saying about that at the end of Sept.

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Well I can't speak for others but in my opinion having patience is about seeing progress.

I can take losing. I can accept poor results (such as drawing to relegation candidates) as long as we see improvement.

As long as you can see what direction we are going in and it is a positive one. I said the exact same with PLG and indeed with Ally. 

I am not being facetious. I genuinely admire your support of managers who are struggling. I am not giving up on MW yet but he is not learning nearly quickly enough and I don't see progress. I see regression.

When we were passing teams to death last year and many were wetting their knickers about leaving it late in matches and conceding goals, the majority supported it because they could see the benefit and they could see potential. That's all gone now. The games this season have been fucking shite. And the games after the semi last season were fucking shite

many have been saying for weeks it needs to get sorted MW has said it needs to get sorted. Miller has said it needs to get sorted. It's not getting sorted. It's getting worse. 

He needs to learn his best 11 fast. He needs to learn that every team treat Rangers as their cup final. He needs to learn we get fuck all from Refs and he needs to develop more than one tactic. Football is complicated and he is doing it a massive disservice by thinking he doesn't need a plan B 

The problem with patience is just that - being patient. This is new territory for MW - people ( including our own) do a disservice to Scottish football - it ain't nearly as bad as folk made out - it isn't easy to win every game - we ain't even the only team to play it on the ground - with a high tempo, passing pressing game. 

MW does have to learn to win and meet our expectations but he is in uncharted territory but I see enough in the man to realise he will learn and the one thing he mustn't do is chop and change because of lack of fan support - he knows more about the game than I do but his character comes across - if he makes mistakes, needs time then based on what he has done in setting a whole club philosophy - and putting structures into place - I'm prepared to give him time - all this season and next if needed - but them I'm a patient man prepared to think long term - many on here can't see passed out next game.

4 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Stop liking my post ya cunt, that's last week I agreed with something you posted and now you've agreed with me, that where it ends ya nationalist cunt ?

Id like to remind you that cunts are both useful and desirable! 

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Walter smith would've had us 12-12 at the top of this league. That great man will tell anyone its about winning by whatever means then style 2nd. I'd rather win game's than look good

Funny that because when Smith was here there was at least one thread a week where people would complain about how awful our football was and how results were fine but we need to play a better brand of football.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Funny that because when Smith was here there was at least one thread a week people would complain about how awful our football was and how results were fine but we need to play a better brand of football.

Not for me mate I couldn't care less how we look as long as we are winning. Style wins nothing

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What happened to patience, time to build - my goodness the wolves were out when we had no 'philosophy' - we were told we need to think long term, work

within our means, build for the future - the reality is we have no patience for that - loads of calls for spending huge sums, buy our way better, we can't even support a decent manager through a wee difficult spell - where we remain unbeaten - sure it's not our best but even our great teams had bad spells. 

But reading some of the comments here we have no concept of patience - we only have patience if we are winning. A season is a long time! 

Good post but it's always been a bit like that because we've been so successful for most of our history. I do think this is over the top compared to normal right enough. But we've put up with all this crap for years now so no doubt these reactions will be worse than normally when ever we produce a bad run of results. This start to the season is the last thing we needed because it gives all the diddy mobs more hope and belief when we play them. Was going to be difficult enough without not putting these sort of teams away.

Suppose it was always going to be hard for us to do a hearts and come up and finish near the top because unlike them we get a really tough game every week but it would be a mistake to begin to accept second best and I hope he has been kicking a few arses in the dressing room because this just isn't good enough 

32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Funny that because when Smith was here there was at least one thread a week where people would complain about how awful our football was and how results were fine but we need to play a better brand of football.

Yeah it was dire at times but effective and that was with better players than we have now. Just hope we can get our defensive play sorted out so we can enjoy a better style of play that is successful. As the first is desirable but the latter is non negotiable when it comes to Rangers. Far too soon to even think about a managerial change though.