Should we drop Barton for the OF game?

Johnmon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FlashHarryForrester said:

We are away from home so it would be sensible to play both Barton and Rossiters just hope they are both om their game and let the front 4 impose themselves on that tim back 4.  

Our defence is terrifyingly bad. So need to hope the attackers can take their chances.

They are the same type of player mate, slowing things down, fannying about. We don't don't need th both on the park at sonar time. Drop Barton, he is done. Get the youngster On the park. Nothing too lose. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Kranjcar has real quality but he isn't anywhere near fit enough to start in centre midfield in an Old Firm game.

He'd be blowing out his arse by the time the frantic ten minutes at the beginning is over and he would quickly become a passenger.

anything but rossiter and Barton working in tandem mate or were on to a mauling. Joey doesn't have the legs to play any other position but holding midfield.

I'd even try Barton holding with windass and McKay in the number 10.

I know its not the game to be trying new stuff in but we are badly lacking in flair and penetration. Status quo on the 10th n ill be watching through my fingers

3 hours ago, Johnmon said:

It is clear that playing both Rossiter and Barton is not working. Rossiter gets my vote despite being missing against Killie. Joey will be a liabilty and at risk of being sent off. Bench him for the best chance of taking something from the game? 

Jock Stein was a pedophile harbouring scumbag and nothing more. When i see your response to this post ill respond to your daft OP. Tarrier wanker

Would definitely start Rossiter with Windass and Halliday. Rossiter is young tackles like a terrier and won't get into any shit with old man Broonie, Halliday knows the score against them and won't be overawed, Windass' direct style and pace will upset their defence. Garner in the middle who's style will upset them Waggy wide right and MacKay left that should be enough to frighten them.

But fuck know's what we are going to do about the back four.

Barton will play,  he did not react to the tackle today which, if his foot remained planted, would 100 percent have broken his leg.  Too experienced to get wound up by the taigs.

Windass is not fit though a good show in Linfield might make the bench.

Neil McCann at the pedodome should be compulsory viewing for MW, we have the pace to pull their defense apart, let's use our resources.  Km must be on the bench.

9 hours ago, Johnmon said:

It is clear that playing both Rossiter and Barton is not working. Rossiter gets my vote despite being missing against Killie. Joey will be a liabilty and at risk of being sent off. Bench him for the best chance of taking something from the game? 

Can't believe the gaffer is still playing that combination. Now all that stand between us and the Tims is Linfield, he better get the right formula by then, or else we're fucked...

10 minutes ago, Tontine said:

Play him if we're going to play a formation that requires a defensive midfielder to sit back and break up opposition play and try and pick out a strikers run from 35 yards. 

"Requires"???? Of course we require a DM, to make up for our lack of defence. our centre backs are shite. They might as well stay in the changing room tugging each other off cause they're fucking hopeless at defending the ball.

On form it should be Rossiter although he was not brilliant last night. There is no chance the gaffer is dropping Barton though as he's decided who first choice in the summer before a ball was kicked. You seen this the first game of the season with Krancjar being selected even though they must have known he was 6-8 weeks off full fitness. Barton will have to be shit for months where as I think Rossiters preformance last night will be used as justification to drop him. 

I now agree they can't play together. I thought with a more creative and direct player in front we might have looked more balanced but they are just too similar. The amount of times Forrester picked up the ball in front of them and they both just sat, we are crying out for the kind of off the ball movement Holt (and hopefully Windass) gives us going beyond the ball and giving their CHs a decision to make, without more options for the creative AM our CF is constantly dropping short and we're predictably hitting Tav or Barrie on the flanks to try get some penetration.

The good news is the fix should be instantaneous because we just need to go back to the system that we played since Warburton arrived.

11 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If it's a 3 it's got to be workers next to him, for example:

Forrester Barton Windass

In my opinion Barton and kranjcar don't have the legs to play together in a 3.

Have to agree mate.

Ability wise I would love to have Barton and Krancjar in the same midfield but with the system we play, we can't carry 2 midfielders mobility wise.

We need energy in there alongside one of them.

- Foderingham -

- Tavernier - Kiernan - Wilson - Wallace -

- Barton - Halliday -

- McKay -

- Waghorn -              - Forrester -

- Garner -

Should be the team. O'Halloran, Kranjcar and Windass as impact subs potentially.

Kranjcar isn't fit enough. Windass has been injured, therefore neither fit nor match fit. Crooks, just no. O'Halloran hasn't played enough to be match fit. Holt isn't fit, match fit, or even likely to be back in time for that matter.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Going on about people not being match fit but you want to play Waghorn? He's not going to be match fit and as shown last year after his injury takes him a long time to get back to being match fit. Waghorn shouldn't start against the scum.

He's our best player, by an absolute country mile. He's played 4 and scored 5. Very worrying how much we missed him both last season, and this season.

Forrester Barton Halliday 

Waghorn Garner O'Halloran 

For me at the moment. I'm hallidays biggest critic, but he was great against them last time. Forrester and Windass will leave us exposed plus Windass won't be fit enough - same story with Kranjcar. I'm McKays biggest fan, but he's been horrid. Take the gamble on Waghorns fitness. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

He's not our best player, nevermind 'by a country mile' you vastly overrate Waghorn.

Never missed him last season at all. We won 11 from the 13 games after he got injured including against Dundee and the scum. One defeat from being 2-0 up at Falkirk and playing some amazing football, only for a late collapse and shambolic officiating. Lost a late goal at Raith for 3-3. How exactly was he missed? He was horrendous in the cup final!

You do realize we were woeful against Hamilton with Waghorn playing? Waghorn playing would have made no difference to last night's result.

Nice to see you totally changed the point from what you originally stated about being 'match fit'...

He scored 28 goals... :lol:

4 in 5 this season. Don't talk shite.