Should we drop Barton for the OF game?

Johnmon

It is clear that playing both Rossiter and Barton is not working. Rossiter gets my vote despite being missing against Killie. Joey will be a liabilty and at risk of being sent off. Bench him for the best chance of taking something from the game? 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He  hasn't delivered as a creative player as not really his game. His style is more as someone who breaks up the play and gives it to someone else to make the creative pass. Against the tarriers he might just be what we need, so would give him a start. If he doesn't step up to the plate then his place will definitely be in question.

I'd rather have Rossiter for that game.  Barton has a real lack of pace and I can't see him catching some of the midfielders they have.  Plus, losing that game would give "Broony" the bragging rights over him which would be fucking embarrassing after all the talk.

If you watched the champions league qualifier the other night, and indeed malmo last year, then the best way to get in about ra Sellack is with pace and aggression. So Halliday Rossiter and Windass in midfield with Forrester McKay and O'Halloran up top 

But oh my fuck two things 2 centre half's will keep it tight at the back? Answers on a postcard  

No, although he has not been that great he needs to start against the tarriers, If he doesn't hack it, though I'm sure he will, he can be hooked, Nico and Forrester/ Windass alongside will do me. Waggy, Garner and McKay up front, The defence will be what it will be and fingers crossed for that. 

Not playing him? This would get them creaming themselves before a ball was even kicked.

He's not a guaranteed start, but I'd play him...just. He's shown he can now handle such a game, but he would need to have others around him that would ensure that the pace was quick. Windass and Forrester would be my selections to play alongside him.

Barton actually surprised me with how well he handles being roughed up. That tackle was shocking tonight. Also think he doesn't deserve as much criticism as he's had because our system and style of play make it difficult for him to shut people down and get a tackle in. The 433 means our midfield is light of bodies and teams have too much space with it only taking two or three passes and they're near our goals. I'm surprised Barton is not more frustrated than he looks because he ends up having to go right over to the touch line and put tackles in. We end up with too many attacking and so there is wide spaces all over the place when we lose possession. Another thing that makes Barton look bad is that he passes the ball then has to sit back because he's one of the holding players. This ends up making it more difficult for the rest of the team to pass their way through the opposition. But if someone would cover then Barton could pass and move forward and then get the ball back which would help us get into teams before the get back behind a solid formation. But our attacking system is making it too easy for teams to play through us on the counter. The defenders are not good enough but the way we play just shows them up even more. We don't have the players to play such an attacking system all the time. We need to limit the 1970s all out attacking Ajax style to the right moment in the game so that we're more solid defensively as a team. Warburton has done well to get a team to play the way we often have with little cash but we need to accept that it costs a lot of cash to buy players who can play like that all the time.

Oh and that's some first post OP :lol: 

Guest Lloyd72

Barton is more likely to get one of them sent off as everyone seems to want to put a hard challenge in on the guy and rough him up. Fairplay he takes it as well as he dishes it out.

For me he has not performed this season so far . I would play him in the old firm game but if he does not perform their I would drop him . I would have Forrester and Haliday . I would like either Holt or Windass instead of Haliday but they are not match fit and Haliday knows the score and for that game would not go missing 

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'd play Barton holding windass and Kranjcar that would be my midfield 3 

Kranjcar has real quality but he isn't anywhere near fit enough to start in centre midfield in an Old Firm game.

He'd be blowing out his arse by the time the frantic ten minutes at the beginning is over and he would quickly become a passenger.

YES 100% Barton is pish, and I would bet my house on him getting sent off trying to be a hero. Put young rossiter in, it's just another game for him and would probably nail it. Barton is a loudmouth fud who thinks Scottish football is a walk onthe park. WAKE UP CALL JOEY. Get a fucking grip of yourself and smarten up or you and your shitey Twitter account can get to fuck ya plum 

We are away from home so it would be sensible to play both Barton and Rossiters just hope they are both om their game and let the front 4 impose themselves on that tim back 4.  

Our defence is terrifyingly bad. So need to hope the attackers can take their chances.