The Captain

RDFM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been really disappointed with him to be honest. The reason why I have been so disappointed is probably down to how well he has performed for us these past 12 months or so. He's set himself such a high standard that when he fails to reach it, or even get close to it, naturally you feel disappointed. There's a few players in our squad who I don't necessarily expect too much from and who have performed worse than Wallace. However given what he has done for us, being the captain and the way he speaks I was expecting a lot more from him. I guess that's what happens when you raise the bar. Him, and McKay of late have failed to reach the heights of last season.

In the grand scheme of things he's not a major concern for me, and the least of our worries but he has escaped a lot of criticism this season, which tends to be aimed primarily at the same few players regardless of performance............ 

Back to his standards of the McCoist / McDowall / McCall season. Has never been great defensively but got away with it last season by being an attacking threat. For me he's never been vocal enough to be Captain and doesn't seem to have much of an on-field presence to grab his team mates by the scruff of the neck when the chips are down.

10 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Back to his standards of the McCoist / McDowall / McCall season. Has never been great defensively but got away with it last season by being an attacking threat. For me he's never been vocal enough to be Captain and doesn't seem to have much of an on-field presence to grab his team mates by the scruff of the neck when the chips are down.

No one in our team is tbh, well imo.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

His performances have dipped but also think there is no coincidence that this had happened at same time McKay has went cold. 

They had a good partnership going and think both look a bit lost just now.

You're bang on mate as both do serve each other. Both of them look a shadow of their former selves. Maybe both are due a break. Lee has played nearly every game over the last season or two if my memory serves me right, so he's earned a break. Maybe Hodson should play a few more games, although Lee is always first choice.

Just now, ForeverBlue1872 said:

What's your definition of a club legend? Enlighten me.

John Greig is a Rangers legend, Lee Wallace isn't. Sandy Jardine is a Rangers legend, Lee Wallace isn't. Ally McCoist is a Rangers legend, Lee Wallace isn't. I love the man but he's not a legend, he'll be in the same bracket as Novo.

1 minute ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

John Greig is a Rangers legend, Lee Wallace isn't. Sandy Jardine is a Rangers legend, Lee Wallace isn't. Ally McCoist is a Rangers legend, Lee Wallace isn't. I love the man but he's not a legend, he'll be in the same bracket as Novo.

They played in a different era, we could compete with english/foreign teams on and off the pitch back then. Wallace has stuck by us for all these years, he easily could have played in the English championship and made more money than he does with us, he didn't though.

They played in a different era, we could compete with english/foreign teams on and off the pitch back then. Wallace has stuck by us for all these years, he easily could have played in the English championship and made more money than he does with us, he didn't though.

You think people will remember his name in 30 years ?

He's loyal. Doesn't mean he's a legend though, is Jig a legend, Alexander maybe?