I hate to say it, but this isn't good enough

I support the board, the team and the management. I'm the the guy who always finds a positive, even in a defeat. Not any more. This just isn't good enough.

I'm tired of hearing that we'll learn from our mistakes and I'm also tired of seeing us make the same mistakes all over the park, especially in defence, which is laughable at times.

Everybody sees this, yet it goes on and on. When was the last game we played well? When did you last enjoy a game? It breaks my heart to go into the negative crap that so many people spout out on a daily basis, but this is GARBAGE.

We've come such a long way in the last 4-5 years...I get that and I'm thankful of it too. But, BASIC errors are there for all to see yet we still keep making them. I just don't get why we continue to make the same mistakes. All I know is we have absolutely no chance of winning this poor league playing like this. 

Last season, at the start, we played two-touch football. Control...pass and so on. It was wonderful, we loved it. It was a real treat. We ran over the top of teams playing this way, now we are as slow as a week in jail. Is this a management change or are we being lazy? The last quarter of last season saw us win the league and we 'switched off'. No longer did we play the way that won us the league and make the many supporters proud of our play as we had done before. I think they got lazy. Maybe not but it's my thought. 

We started to play with an extra touch and then it was yet another extra touch. By this time, the opposition had time to bake a couple of cakes and deal with what we had to offer. We see this all of the time now. We've carried this on in my opinion. I long for a game where we actually control and enjoy it. With regret, I say I live in hope.

WATP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I've been really disappointed with him to be honest. The reason why I have been so disappointed is probably down to how well he has performed for us these past 12 months or so. He's set himself such a high standard that when he fails to reach it, or even get close to it, naturally you feel disappointed. There's a few players in our squad who I don't necessarily expect too much from and who have performed worse than Wallace. However given what he has done for us, being the captain and the way he speaks I was expecting a lot more from him. I guess that's what happens when you raise the bar. Him, and McKay of late have failed to reach the heights of last season.

In the grand scheme of things he's not a major concern for me, and the least of our worries but he has escaped a lot of criticism this season, which tends to be aimed primarily at the same few players regardless of performance............ 

I agree with u 100% mate.

The way he tells other teams what team we are putting out and what time he will be making subs but won't tell us if we are signing a player does Ma tits in. We need a fucking shake big time and he needs to sort this, I could see his point if conceding 1 or 2 didn't matter as we scored 3 or 4 but it just doesn't happen we are struggling to get 1 but look as if we could concede 2or3 each game. Shambles and get it sorted. All uz unlucky guys going to the dump on the 10th I feel for you's as that Keirnan will freeze in that atmosphere in fact most of our team will. 

Agree. Same errors every week, followed by the "We'll learn from this" speech, which we never do.

If MW must play Barton and Rossiter together then at least change to something like a 4-2-3-1, and in honesty, I don't think we have the quality to play 4-3-3, as the only player that seems capable of getting decent balls into the box is Tav. 

MW has had all summer to secure a proper defence and we're left with the same backline that struggled in the Championship. We've signed Hill, but WTF dose he add? Fuck all. Our games are already like a broken record; we let a weak early goal in through horrific defending and then we don't have the quality to break teams down when they sit back and let us do the pressing. 

And as much as I hate our defence, we don't exactly have much quality going forward since they struggle to score more than one goal. Great goal by Tav yesterday, but being unable to score in 90mins away to Killie, with a considerable amount of time with a man advantage is shocking. 

I really want MW to be a success in the SPFL, but his lack of plan B and his ignorance to drop players who obviously aren't doing the job is frustrating and annoying. This is his biggest test at Rangers. It's time for him to show us he has what it takes to be our manager. 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

When was the last time we blew a team away with fast attacking football, yep we have problems. 

First 40 minutes against Dundee we played very well. If we had a decent finisher instead of Kenny Miller we'd have really blown them away. 

We have dropped the pace because we dont have it anymore Barton slows us down also Hill ol mens legs Wallace an McKay look  letharjic Millar he doesnt have it anymore but MW seems to think he has we are going back the way if we dont get at least a point out of this OF game MW is going to take some flak

15 hours ago, standup said:

Definitely not good enough. Warburton looked a bit lost at times.

He hasn't been his normal confident self in recent interviews. It's safe to say he is hurting and feeling the pressure. Mark is only human. I have confidence in his ability to turn things around this season though. 

I might be in the minority, but I think that we will be in at least second place come October, which would be a decent overall run given the fact we are recently promoted and have moved a lot of players out and had to find replacements on a limited budget.

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He hasn't been his normal confident self in recent interviews. It's safe to say he is hurting and feeling the pressure. Mark is only human. I have confidence in his ability to turn things around this season though. 

I might be in the minority, but I think that we will be in at least second place come October, which would be a decent overall run given the fact we are recently promoted and have moved a lot of players out and had to find replacements on a limited budget.

fuck me some aspirations you have there, the board must love you

Everyone needs to take a step back and relax for a second, yes we haven't been great so far this season but we haven't lost a game yet or been heavily outclassed either and we are still in this. We have injuries as well that haven't helped Holt, Waghorn, Crooks, Windass and imo I feel Krancjar & Barton aren't match fit either isn't helping. Its basically a new team and they need to gel with the other signings we have made, people here are trying to suggest the manager may not be up to it are wide of the mark. If it's anyone's fault or to point the finger at its King trying to compete on a shoestring budget. A win at the San Giro could change everything and it's not within our grasp.

Injuries, slower and older men playing where younger men should be, predictable and just not good enough. With a game in hand we could have had all the pressure on our closest rivals, should be on maximum points at this stage easily, instead the pressure is all on us and the team look nowhere near good enough. 

A lot can change in a couple of games. A lot needs to change.

I think D and D is being realistic. Aspirations are all very well.  This is where we find ourselves and patience is needed.

I never thought for a minute we would walk back to the top.  I know who we are and the demands involved. We have to handle this and stamping the feet and moaning about the deficiencies wont get anywhere. Lets see where we are in January.  

2 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

I think D and D is being realistic. Aspirations are all very well.  This is where we find ourselves and patience is needed.

I never thought for a minute we would walk back to the top.  I know who we are and the demands involved. We have to handle this and stamping the feet and moaning about the deficiencies wont get anywhere. Lets see where we are in January.  

Only changing it will get us anywhere. Can he, will he is the question.

27 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

Exactly mate it's not even Christmas yet give Warburton a chance it doesn't help he's got one hand tied behind his back by the board either.

I remember the Official Hibs vs Rangers petrofac cup thread in the first 15-20 minutes of that game.

Same shit was said. We're shite. Signings were wrong. Manager was out of his depth. Dave need to get the cheque book out.

We've had a long wait, a year longer than we probably should have, so I think a lot of this is an over-reaction but an understandable one.

Some of us just need to take a wee breath and think it all through.

Major issues with injuries, Waghorn, Holt and Windass already a big miss.  None of the midfield are getting into the box which Holt does very well.  Also where was O'Halloran, should have been brought on in my opinion instead of Garner (Garner for Miller would have been my sub strategy)  and burned Smith with his pace.  Been a fan of Halliday but he was pish when he came on as well.  Personally I'd be doing a Walter against Celtic and hope to hit them on the break.

Can see us getting torched from freekicks and corners.  

28 minutes ago, left winger said:

He didn't say he hoped for second place. He said that's where he thinks we'll be. What position do you think we'll be in, come October?

eh?

reread what he said reread what I said

no one mentioned hoping for second place

I expect us to be in first place. If we are not in first place then it is never good enough.

42 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I remember the Official Hibs vs Rangers petrofac cup thread in the first 15-20 minutes of that game.

Same shit was said. We're shite. Signings were wrong. Manager was out of his depth. Dave need to get the cheque book out.

We've had a long wait, a year longer than we probably should have, so I think a lot of this is an over-reaction but an understandable one.

Some of us just need to take a wee breath and think it all through.

I remember people saying wait til January after the blip last Autumn too, yet here we are with the same terrible defence making the same terrible mistakes.