***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

I'd love a change of formation for this game, albeit probably unlikely.

Wes

Kiernan New CB Wilson

Tavernier Rossiter Barton Wallace

Forrester McKay

Garner

Sometimes games like this can be a catalyst in a season. I remember back to 2011 and our form going into the League Cup final against them, we had been absolutely dreadful many had written us off going into it, especially when they had beaten us convincingly a few weeks beforehand. We put in a terrific performance that day, won the game in extra time thanks to a Jelavic goal and it kick started our much improved league form towards the title in the run in that year. We also had a tricky spell last season around November/December, we were again not reaching the heights the way we did earlier on in the season and we came up against an inform Hibs side, our closest challengers, and we blew them away and again proved the catalyst to another rich vein of form.

I'm praying we get a similar sort of performance on the 10th. Even a point right now would seem a positive result, and although it's still extremely early in the season to be talking about the title we cannot afford to effectively be giving up a 7 point gap between ourselves and them.

3 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Surely thats a joke? We have added better players but playing just as bad but they have changed massively going offensive they still lose shit goals but against spl teams they will kill them off regardless

I think this post is the joke. How can you say they've not improved and we haven't got worse?

Do you think that Garner/Dodoo is better than Dembele? who have we signed that's better than Sinclar? ... Toure I think isn't very good but he's still better than Clint fucking Hill.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think this post is the joke. How can you say they've not improved and we haven't got worse?

Do you think that Garner/Dodoo is better than Dembele? who have we signed that's better than Sinclar? ... Toure I think isn't very good but he's still better than Clint fucking Hill.

Dembele is fucking mince

Guest Lloyd72
8 hours ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

I just dont rate him at all mate I think hodson would offer us alot more in terms of pushing up and would defend a hell of alot better.

The condition the team is in mw needs to be trying different players

Instead of just playing names. Just my opinion thou we all know wallace will get the start

You don't rate Wallace but you Rate Halliday...

52 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

We've been outnumbered and out played in midfield this season .. its time to flood the midfield with pace and energy just like we did at Hampden and they couldnae cope. They'll go for us straight away and we need to counter that the way we did in the semi.

You have a good point mate but key to that was McKay playing his last good game for us .He has vanished since ,maybe with the exception of the goal in our loss to Hivs.

I would play MOH and bring McKay on later .

4 hours ago, Ryan_1 said:

I'd love a change of formation for this game, albeit probably unlikely.

Wes

Kiernan New CB Wilson

Tavernier Rossiter Barton Wallace

Forrester McKay

Garner

Sometimes games like this can be a catalyst in a season. I remember back to 2011 and our form going into the League Cup final against them, we had been absolutely dreadful many had written us off going into it, especially when they had beaten us convincingly a few weeks beforehand. We put in a terrific performance that day, won the game in extra time thanks to a Jelavic goal and it kick started our much improved league form towards the title in the run in that year. We also had a tricky spell last season around November/December, we were again not reaching the heights the way we did earlier on in the season and we came up against an inform Hibs side, our closest challengers, and we blew them away and again proved the catalyst to another rich vein of form.

I'm praying we get a similar sort of performance on the 10th. Even a point right now would seem a positive result, and although it's still extremely early in the season to be talking about the title we cannot afford to effectively be giving up a 7 point gap between ourselves and them.

He did go to the back 3 against Hibs at Easter Road last year but we changed after about 60mins and never saw it again. 

I was thinking about this system too. Ideally the middle centre half would have pace. The front three has a few options too. Play the two behind narrow, play them wide or only have one in behind and go with two up front. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Can remember us playing against 3 at the back twice last season, got beat twice...

Yes but that was against a team that sat in against us, if They sit in against us at home the fans will turn on them quickly. They are left very exposed when they use 352 so if they Play it I think we will have them on the counterattack.

15 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Yes but that was against a team that sat in against us, if They sit in against us at home the fans will turn on them quickly. They are left very exposed when they use 352 so if they Play it I think we will have them on the counterattack.

Hibs never sat in against us.

2 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

We've been outnumbered and out played in midfield this season .. its time to flood the midfield with pace and energy just like we did at Hampden and they couldnae cope. They'll go for us straight away and we need to counter that the way we did in the semi.

Thats what missing this season and had me asking is it because we're up against better opposition.  I dont believe it is the opposition.

We played St. J, Dundee, Killie twice and the Tarriers last season and in spite of losing to St J., we were the better team in each match playing our brand of fast sharp crisp football.  Get back to that, sort the defence (why we lost to St J) and we are well on our way.  

Like Barton, love Nico and rate Rossiter however they need to adapt to our style, not the other way round.