***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

4 hours ago, jim beam said:

Not confident in the slightest about the game,they will get chances to score against this defence and they will.We will be relying on Miller running around and taking umpteen chances to score one.

Wish I had more confidence as well; this defence and our apparent allergy to the goal gives me nightmares. That said, we all know anything can happen in these games. I just hope we storm intae them and dont play like frightened wee lassies; nothing does my nut in more than to see all this indecisive dilly-dallying on the ball before eventually being dispossessed.

4 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Allow it mate, the last 4 years have fucked me up mentally, I'm confident for this game.

No matter how we are playing, I'd rather follow your approach, go into the game positive believing in a  win, anything else you are a surrender monkey.

Sinclair will struggle and hate being up against Tavernier. He is a hard full-back to get past. Don't get me wrong, Celtic have good attacking wingers that will get past our full-backs but that's where we need a solid defender or two to do their jobs. It's as much about stopping Celtic playing to their strengths than it is us playing to ours

Man for man we're not far off them. Sviachenko(sp?) is better than anything CB we've got. Toure looks suspect to me. McKay gave Lustig a torrid time of it in April, they might play their new RB, I've seen him a few times, just a solid player really not much else. Garner will rough them up as well.

The midfield is always the key area in an Old Firm, win the 50/50's, win the game. Any loose ball must be ours. Barton owes us a performance and I reckon he might just make the difference. I'd play Halliday as well as he performs better in bigger games. 

We beat this mob with a midfield three of Holt, Halliday and Ball last season, we've got more than enough about us to beat them

Fingers crossed the thumb picks up an injury playing for Scotland :wink: 

Im nervous about this one. However we just need to hit form, man for man I think we're in a better place than when we played them last season. MW just needs to find his strongest 11 and hope we hit the ground running on the 10th. It's been a far poorer start than we expected and I don't think it's because the standard is particularly better, it's just we've been pretty poor and lacked energy. 

Would have felt more confident had it been a month later with a new CB bedded in and Windass and Crooks with a few games under their belts.

On 27 August 2016 at 1:30 AM, wearethepeople1 said:

MW will get a hiding IMO there. Won't know what the fuck to do on this game. By the end of October I expect his jacket to be on a shoogily peg. Folk will crying out for Walter Smith before the new year I'm telling yous.

MW is a good Coach and will go on to do a good job in England somewhere, but I really don't think he is the man to try and topple a dominant (??) taig side, when we have spent a pittance on our transfers so far.

frustrating times bears, but NOTHING we can do  unless someone hits the euromillions 

If Rangers can't get by without crying for smith then the club is totally fucked. It's high time the fans realised that

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 3:52 PM, KingKirk said:

The have already played that system but in a 3421 shape they will overload the midfield mate they'll go 1v1 at the back or 2v1 and push a extra body into midfield.

On current form we go in as firm underdogs. There is a loss of pace and mobility in midfield which is worrying me more than anything. I can see them allowing us to play from the back then blitzing us at the halfway line and running at our back four.  That said I'm intrigued to see how we match up to a team who don't put their whole team behind the ball. 

44 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

On current form we go in as firm underdogs. There is a loss of pace and mobility in midfield which is worrying me more than anything. I can see them allowing us to play from the back then blitzing us at the halfway line and running at our back four.  That said I'm intrigued to see how we match up to a team who don't put their whole team behind the ball. 

I think we have to remember that this Celtic team are not the team we played and won against last season. They are much improved as are we, but I`d be lying if I said I was confident of victory. 

Give me a draw now and i`d take it ! Call me whatever you like, but I`m just being realistic.

9 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Here's the team that beat Celtic last season. Can't even play that formation now!

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Ball Shiels Halliday Holt

Mckay Miller

We have been really missing Holt this season.

I would have liked to have kept Dom Ball, he stood out in that game, was well up for it.  Can't believe Stubbs got him. 

It's hard to call this game there are too many variables ....

1. MW training methods v BR training methods.

2. Injuries during international break.

3. Fitness of new signings (both sides)

I am sure BR has adopted Cogitraining methods The clue was when  Moussa Dembele stated that his telepathic understanding with team-mate will take the team to new heights. 

We have won 3 matches since April in league form and all by one goal and when was our last clean sheet?

It's shite attitude but one that is realistic and taking off the battle fever specs, if they score early first 20 minutes then we won't win and I think it will be a pumping as our confidence is down. They will win by 3 or 4 goals at least. I wish this game wasn't next for us.

1 minute ago, BlueBloodStream said:

We have won 3 matches since April in league form and all by one goal and when was our last clean sheet?

It's shite attitude but one that is realistic and taking off the battle fever specs, if they score early first 20 minutes then we won't win and I think it will be a pumping as our confidence is down. They will win by 3 or 4 goals at least. I wish this game wasn't next for us.

:lol:

22 minutes ago, BlueBloodStream said:

image.gif