***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

Team I would go with assuming everyone is fit, available and signed.

Foderingham

Tavernier--Senderos--Wilson--Wallace

Holt--Barton--Kranjcar

Waghorn--Garner--McKay

Team I think MW will play

Foderingham

Tavernier--Kiernan--Wilson--Wallace

Rossiter--Barton--Forrester

Waghorn--Garner--McKay

I'm less optimistic about this one than I was about the semi-final in April. That's just my honest opinion.

Make no mistake about it, as much as I despise them with my every being; they're on a good run, they've spent money, they're in the Champions League, etc.

On the other hand, I'm not overly impressed by our start to the season; we've struggled to take points with ease and in the transfer market, I feel we're looking desperate.

I hope my feelings are wrong. I have my ticket and I'll be there in full voice, as hopeful as always.

Would be good if we could go there and mix it up with them, how about going in with a surprise formation of:

Foderingham
  Wilson  Sendros Kieran 
Tav Windass Barton  McKay Wallace
    Waghorn  Garner

Both full backs play like wingers at times any so you would always have 6 attacking players and then when defending we could go to a back 5 keep things tight. They dont have anyone who is creative who could break us down 

5 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I think hes meaning like a playmaker type not so much the thumb or something scoring wonder goal

Rogic, Sinclair and Forrest are all players capable of opening our defence up, unfortunately 

Aye i dont disagree, i believe those exact players can and will.

I was just saying i think the guy was specifically reffering to a passing no10 type not someone who can dribble from the wings but like you all mentioned it shouldnt make a difference.

the gers will have to be fired up and 100% in every tackle etc to win at this piggery. 

38 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Rogic, Sinclair and Forrest are all players capable of opening our defence up, unfortunately 

39 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

The way we're playing just now Sinclair Forrest and Roberts will tear us apart. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Roberts, Sinclair, Rogic?

Foderingham

Tavernier Wilson Hill Wallace

Barton

Forrester Halliday

Waghorn Garner McKay

That's probably the team that I would go with. 

If Holt or Windass is fit, I'd probably replace Halliday with one of them. We can't make the same mistake of starting Barton and Rossiter in the same midfield. We need legs in there for a game like this. 

Hardest decision was probably whether to start Miller or not, but I think I'd leave him on the bench and bring him on midway through the second half. Same with Niko, as we've seen he can change games when he comes on but I don't think he has the fitness to start in what will be such an intense game.

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Just read Waghorn's hoping to get 90 mins under his belt at Linfield. Good news he'll be ready for the OF, hopefully it's him, Garner and McKay up top

Old Firm is too soon for him imo, wouldn't want to rush him in.

He was poor against St Mirren and Hibs last season at the end.

28 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Old Firm is too soon for him imo, wouldn't want to rush him in.

He was poor against St Mirren and Hibs last season at the end.

I agree but if he feels fit and the physio/medical staff deem him fit then there's no reason he can't play, we're already at a point where a defeat to them would be a disaster, we need all our good players out there

To get a result there I think confident attacking football is necessary. But will we get it on the day? I really do hope so. We are capable. 

It will be interesting to see how we line up v Linfield. and who gets game time so I'm looking forward to Saturday.  :)

We need a song for Rodgers,  to properly welcome him to Scotland and make him fully aware of how he is regarded in Scotland.  To the tune of my old man's a dustman.... "Rodgers shagged a tranny and sucked a trannies dick,  his wife upped and left him cause he's a manky prick, ........" 

We'll nick this.  King Kenny with a shock early goal.  They equalise and Clint Hill with an Edu-esque late winner. (tu)

Throw the form book out of the window for OF matches.  Can Warbs get the side up for this?  We've looked disinterested for months.  IF we show up, we win end of. (tu)

7 hours ago, james_85 said:

Would be good if we could go there and mix it up with them, how about going in with a surprise formation of:

Foderingham
  Wilson  Sendros Kieran 
Tav Windass Barton  McKay Wallace
    Waghorn  Garner

Both full backs play like wingers at times any so you would always have 6 attacking players and then when defending we could go to a back 5 keep things tight. They dont have anyone who is creative who could break us down 

Something like this would be ideal. They wouldn't be expecting it and it would make us more solid at the back( hopefully) . 2 out and out strikers too.