Mark Warburton

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We have lost nothing yet. Not a good start, but you have sacked MW without having the balls to state it or explain why and replaced him with a man who has retired from football for life and wouldn't take the job if offered. 

Go drink a bottle of whiskey and maybe you will make more sense. 

Excuse me, you're qouting the wrong person. I've not linked or sacked anyone so get your fucking facts right.

I said my bit last night, I'd give Warburton until the st johnstone game on 26th October, then we have played everyone once. If it's been a continuation of the first 4 games and were out title race and even struggling for 2nd spot then he has to go. 

His inability to change will be his downfall. 

The worrying thing is its not just the results that have been dreadful the performances have been as well since the turn of the year.

I really can't see any expansive football only going from side to side and back again. We played great stuff in the first half of last season until teams caught on to Warburtons tactics and started to counter them.

When was the last we went out in the league and put in a great performance? Hibs at the turn of the year? Every league game since then has been predictable and one paced.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Excuse me, you're qouting the wrong person. I've not linked or sacked anyone so get your fucking facts right.

I said my bit last night, I'd give Warburton until the st johnstone game on 26th October, then we have played everyone once. If it's been a continuation of the first 4 games and were out title race and even struggling for 2nd spot then he has to go. 

Sorry mate, my fault. Thought you were the OP. 

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Firstly, Walter Smith retired years ago and will never be the manager of Rangers again.  Those who still hang on to the idea of him coming back need to let that go.  The guy is happily enjoying his retirement.

Our fans asked for a more entertaining and progressive style with a young squad and that's what Warburton is trying to give us.  Celtic are spending more money on player wages and transfer fees than the rest of the SPFL combined.  We need to be realistic and accept that Warburton is up against it and cut him some slack. 

We've not even played Celtic yet. So far we've been out played and out fought by Hamilton and Kilmarnock and scraped wins against Motherwell and Dundee. 

He bought the players he said he has been well backed he's not playing in the championship and seems now unable to change tactics and motivate players, he's learning to be a manager and seems to be struggling for a while now.

33 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I totally understand where the frustration is coming from however I think comments like he will have to go are just totally undeserved right now.  Rangers managers of the past with huge budgets have had shocking starts (in context with the expectations of that time) including us being dumped out of more than one European competition to also rans yet comments like that would not be thrown around.

Last night's 1st 45 was not good enough however the Manager recognises that, he could not be more clear in his acknowledgement.  For me the perspective required is that the games prior have been tough games where we are trying to break down teams that have set up to do  nothing but kill the game, we have had to contend with that whilst adjusting to a new league, and for the second year running evolve our squad.  Despite that we were/are unbeaten after 4.  I also cannot help but mention in my opinion we were turned down easily 3 penalties last night (thats not to dismiss the performance wasn't good enough - I do get that).

As we continue to leak goals (btw Davie Weir, what's your role in that?), haven't addressed the 'centre half issue' and if honest he seems to be making some questionable squad selections it's right he is coming under fire however for me it would be a huge mistake for us to be considering letting this guy go  (if honest I cringe at the prospect or suggestion) now or in October.  The man knows what he is doing, the majority of us sang his song loud and clear and celebrated his contract extension not long ago - are we honestly now saying after 4 undefeated games that his job is at risk? Really?

Mark Warburton in the space of 14 months (let's not forget that is his tenure) has transformed our club in so many ways, I honestly believe he has dragged us forward and shaped us into a professional modern club after years of complete amateurism -  he has imo transformed the club and long established culture.  He has won us promotion, took us to Hampden 3 times, two of which were fantastic days and brought back a sense of pride long missing imo.  He (and this is only my opinion) deserves greater support than what is evident today.

Finally - make no mistake, based on the budgets etc we are operating with having guys like MW and FM around are exactly what we need, I shudder to think what we would be signing and how we would be performing with an alternative (perhaps I am wrong)

Long post apologies - want to be clear, anyone would be a fool to not to be concerned about aspects of the opening games and it's not my place to tell fellow Rangers their opinions, equally I am not a blind 'fan boy' however I think MW can be a success for us for a long time to come, and a bit of loyalty, perspective and support is currently required.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

He bought the players he said he has been well backed he's not playing in the championship and seems now unable to change tactics and motivate players, he's learning to be a manager and seems to be struggling for a while now.

Nope, you've tried to blame King for signings before you can't flip flop now. It's Dave's fault. MW has his hands tied, remember?

Is this the go to plan when everything goes tits up: go to Walter?

And what about Davie Weir? Our defence is by far the most shambolic part of our team. Surely questions need to be asked of him?

I still back Warburton 100%. He did exactly what Ally should have done; although his recent signings are McCoist-esque.  

We trained all week with DW in central defence and we lost him during the warm up. Not sure of the stats from last night but you can bet your boots it didn't say 10/9 cunts behind the ball for as long as the match lasts and hope to grab a goal. On any other night we could have beat that pile of shite 4/5 nil. Shit happens.. and the op wants him out the door with his jotters. FFS.
That reminds me to collect the money for The Old Jolly Boys Fishing trip.

After the end to last season( in particular a freezing night at Livingston and of course the cup final) when we were so poor you would have thought the Managers priority would have been to recruit defenders but no , so here we are several weeks into the season with the same guys with the same problems and is it any wonder we leak stupid goals.This is a major failing on the management of our team.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

The sad part is anyone seen from last September when we got horsed by St Johnstone the defence was shite, What did Warburton do spend money on an attacker he doesn't even play in front of a 37 year old.

Dave's fault. Stop flip flopping.

18 minutes ago, markem said:

I totally understand where the frustration is coming from however I think comments like he will have to go are just totally undeserved right now.  Rangers managers of the past with huge budgets have had shocking starts (in context with the expectations of that time) including us being dumped out of more than one European competition to also rans yet comments like that would not be thrown around.

Last night's 1st 45 was not good enough however the Manager recognises that, he could not be more clear in his acknowledgement.  For me the perspective required is that the games prior have been tough games where we are trying to break down teams that have set up to do  nothing but kill the game, we have had to contend with that whilst adjusting to a new league, and for the second year running evolve our squad.  Despite that we were/are unbeaten after 4.  I also cannot help but mention in my opinion we were turned down easily 3 penalties last night (thats not to dismiss the performance wasn't good enough - I do get that).

As we continue to leak goals (btw Davie Weir, what's your role in that?), haven't addressed the 'centre half issue' and if honest he seems to be making some questionable squad selections it's right he is coming under fire however for me it would be a huge mistake for us to be considering letting this guy go  (if honest I cringe at the prospect or suggestion) now or in October.  The man knows what he is doing, the majority of us sang his song loud and clear and celebrated his contract extension not long ago - are we honestly now saying after 4 undefeated games that his job is at risk? Really?

Mark Warburton in the space of 14 months (let's not forget that is his tenure) has transformed our club in so many ways, I honestly believe he has dragged us forward and shaped us into a professional modern club after years of complete amateurism -  he has imo transformed the club and long established culture.  He has won us promotion, took us to Hampden 3 times, two of which were fantastic days and brought back a sense of pride long missing imo.  He (and this is only my opinion) deserves greater support than what is evident today.

Finally - make no mistake, based on the budgets etc we are operating with having guys like MW and FM around are exactly what we need, I shudder to think what we would be signing and how we would be performing with an alternative (perhaps I am wrong)

Long post apologies - want to be clear, anyone would be a fool to not to be concerned about aspects of the opening games and it's not my place to tell fellow Rangers their opinions, equally I am not a blind 'fan boy' however I think MW can be a success for us for a long time to come, and a bit of loyalty, perspective and support is currently required.

I think you speak sense but let's be honest the only thing that matters to the board is a team doing well on the park because that sells tickets and generates income. When that isn't happening they will know sales will drop, renewals will drop and won't stand for it. 

My point is clear, he either learns to adapt his formation to suit each match or he is going to be branded a one trick pony.

We have gone from a team playing passing fluent football to this season being a team who are slower, reduced passing and longer balls with no clear direction to who will play where.

In my eyes that is a step backwards.

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Firstly, Walter Smith retired years ago and will never be the manager of Rangers again.  Those who still hang on to the idea of him coming back need to let that go.  The guy is happily enjoying his retirement.

Our fans asked for a more entertaining and progressive style with a young squad and that's what Warburton is trying to give us.  Celtic are spending more money on player wages and transfer fees than the rest of the SPFL combined.  We need to be realistic and accept that Warburton is up against it and cut him some slack. 

Any idea when we are likely to see this entertaining and progressive style again?

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think you speak sense but let's be honest the only thing that matters to the board is a team doing well on the park because that sells tickets and generates income. When that isn't happening they will know sales will drop, renewals will drop and won't stand for it. 

My point is clear, he either learns to adapt his formation to suit each match or he is going to be branded a one trick pony.

We have gone from a team playing passing fluent football to this season being a team who are slower, reduced passing and longer balls with no clear direction to who will play where.

In my eyes that is a step backwards.

I think we have shown that we will sell tickets for a far worse brand of Football than we are getting right now tbh however point taken - expectations are rightly higher.

I also agree with your point about style - I keep reading about how we cannot adapt or there is no plan B, I don't agree that is the issue, its that we have become ineffective at our own plan A.  Why is that? I don't know - is it that he has changed approach or can the new signings not adapt/fit the model (to be fair have we seen it post Semi Final?).  Plan A that blew Dundee and Celtic away would have defeated Killie no bother.  It's fine to mix it up however the principle of protect the ball, get the opponents working seems to have gone.  Let's hope it clicks sooner rather than later, I think it will.  In the meantime if we stop conceding cheap openers it would take the pressure right off!  

The issues are there to be seen, I agree however remain in the camp of much better with MW than without right now.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Any idea when we are likely to see this entertaining and progressive style again?

Any particular view on what we are not? - Not being wide with that question btw, I honestly do not know.  Thoughts on the impact of Holts absence?

1 hour ago, Zulu said:

If these bastards beat the sheep today they go top with a game in hand going into an OF game we have put ourselves in that position due to team selections and a manager that doesnt know how to change it when things dont go our way.

Aye right. The operative word being 'IF'. I watched them midweek and they were hopeless - no where near as good as some of the green leaning media are painting them out to be, ffs. We are more than capable of going there in couple of weeks and getting a result. Definitely. Especially if we get some of our injured players back. And Garner will have had another couple of weeks under his belt by then too.

The manager has to be criticised where it is deserved.  The question is, does he deserve some criticism?  I believe he does and results tend to prove that.  From March 18 last season we played 8 league games winning only 2 (3 losses 3 draws).  In these games we conceded 16 goals.  In the 2 Scot Cup games we drew one and lost one conceding another 5 goals.  This season after only 4 games against mediocre (at best) opposition we have dropped 4 points scored only 6 goals and conceded 4 (one per game).   Looking back since MW arrived we saw immediate improvement and he conducts himself impeccably with the media.  However we have to ask has there been any further improvement and in my opinion the answer is no.  

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

The manager has to be criticised where it is deserved.  The question is, does he deserve some criticism?  I believe he does and results tend to prove that.  From March 18 last season we played 8 league games winning only 2 (3 losses 3 draws).  In these games we conceded 16 goals.  In the 2 Scot Cup games we drew one and lost one conceding another 5 goals.  This season after only 4 games against mediocre (at best) opposition we have dropped 4 points scored only 6 goals and conceded 4 (one per game).   Looking back since MW arrived we saw immediate improvement and he conducts himself impeccably with the media.  However we have to ask has there been any further improvement and in my opinion the answer is no.  

No it isn't. People are talking about getting rid, not if he "deserves some criticism".

We havea very decent manager, with a footballing style most of us like, and then we have a lying fucking board, who promised the world to get into power, and have gave him virtually nothing, other than some season ticket money, now we are all getting steam rollered into joiningC1872, so we can fund these parasites who pretend to be ' Real Rangers men' , so yes we are struggling, but if the manager had some of the promised cash to buy decent players, we would be fine, so instead of us all constantly whinging after a bad result, lets put some prssure on that lying bastard King, and his little snivilling wank of a pal Murray, they are the real problem at Rangers.