Mark Warburton

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

We've not even played Celtic yet. So far we've been out played and out fought by Hamilton and Kilmarnock and scraped wins against Motherwell and Dundee. 

Killie outplayed us? :lol: I must a been at a different game. We were shite but not a chance were we outplayed :lol: Hamilton never outplayed us either :lol:

Stick to facts you didn't have to add in the bullshit to make your point valid 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

No it isn't. People are talking about getting rid, not if he "deserves some criticism".

Ok, the Walter Smith comment was a bit off the mark, but the sentiment remains the same, he would win the league with this set of players. I don't think Warburton will.

3 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Ok, the Walter Smith comment was a bit off the mark, but the sentiment remains the same, he would win the league with this set of players. I don't think Warburton will.

Hawd oan! These players are aw shite and no better than midtable naw?

You lot really need to make your minds up. This blaming King one day, Mark the other and the players the day after that is just getting confusing.

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

Walter builds from a solid Base.  He couldn't make that back 4 solid 

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Do you not think the first thing Smith would do would be to go out and sign a centre half who can do the basics right though?

To me that's what Warburton needs to do too. I'm really not convinced about Senderos, I think he's shown himself to be a bit erratic, much like Wilson & Kiernan and I think the whole centre half issue is the best of example of where Warburton needs to learn and develop as a manager and possibly tweak his methods slightly to improve the team.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Do you not think the first thing Smith would do would be to go out and sign a centre half who can do the basics right though?

To me that's what Warburton needs to do too.

Like sign an older gentleman, coming to the end of his career to marshall the defence?

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Hawd oan! These players are aw shite and no better than midtable naw?

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

The defence weren't to blame last night imo

For the amount of pocession we have we should be burying every team we play. We are far to slow from midfield to up front.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

To me that's what Warburton needs to do too. I'm really not convinced about Senderos, I think he's shown himself to be a bit erratic, much like Wilson & Kiernan and I think the whole centre half issue is the best of example of where Warburton needs to learn and develop as a manager and possibly tweak his methods slightly to improve the team.

As albear alluded to. Walter got ugo and sdw. This place would melt if we tried that :lol:

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I'll take an erratic Senderos over a clueless Kiernan and spent Hill any day. 

55 minutes ago, markem said:

Any particular view on what we are not? - Not being wide with that question btw, I honestly do not know.  Thoughts on the impact of Holts absence?

Last season we had a system and the players fitted to into it.

This season we have more players and are trying to find a system that suits.

i agree re: Holt. He gives us the energy and verve that we are badly missing.

All this talk of money is ludicrous.  On the argument of money, we should struggle to beat one team and one team only.  We've spent more money than a majority of the SPFL teams combined on one player, yet are struggling to beat them.

Mark has had 15 months to identify, rectify and/or sign replacement's at the back and his answer, thus far has been Clint Hill.  That is NOT good enough and I do not care if some of you agree or not.  Last season we got away with it because we were scoring goals.... but we are not even scoring that many now and that is very alarming.

The buck firmly falls at the feet of our management team for last night.  The warning signs have been there long enough and he has done nothing about it.

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

All this talk of money is ludicrous.  On the argument of money, we should struggle to beat one team and one team only.  We've spent more money than a majority of the SPFL teams combined on one player, yet are struggling to beat them.

Mark has had 15 months to identify, rectify and/or sign replacement's at the back and his answer, thus far has been Clint Hill.  That is NOT good enough and I do not care if some of you agree or not.  Last season we got away with it because we were scoring goals.... but we are not even scoring that many now and that is very alarming.

The buck firmly falls at the feet of our management team for last night.  The warning signs have been there long enough and he has done nothing about it.

How many more games do we give him?

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Last season we had a system and the players fitted to into it.

This season we have more players and are trying to find a system that suits.

i agree re: Holt. He gives us the energy and verve that we are badly missing.

Holts movement is frightening. Most of our good things come because of his off the ball movement. It's not what he offers on the ball at times its the fact defenders get dragged all over the place because of him which leaves spaces in behind. Very undervalued imo

14 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

I'll take an erratic Senderos over a clueless Kiernan and spent Hill any day. 

A few days left of the transfer market and we look like we are going to get another Warburton gem in Senderos. Theres a reason nobody wants him...........

8 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

How many more games do we give him?

Mark, thankfully is not stupid and I trust him to have finally seen enough to realise that what we are doing now is not working.  We have two massive games coming up and a minnimum of 4 points is required.  If we have seen no improvement on the defensive area and the team selections are still questionable then he will be asked the same questions we asked of Le Guen, as the OP rightfully says.

6 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Mark, thankfully is not stupid and I trust him to have finally seen enough to realise that what we are doing now is not working.  We have two massive games coming up and a minnimum of 4 points is required.  If we have seen no improvement on the defensive area and the team selections are still questionable then he will be asked the same questions we asked of Le Guen, as the OP rightfully says.

2 games?! Seriously?

The same Le Guen this forum has bitched about, for years, not getting enough time?

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Have you been impressed with our four league games so far?

One half v Dundee and second half last night.

Last 30 v motherwell and Hamilton.  I don't know why we've dropped our pace I really don't. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

One half v Dundee and second half last night.

Last 30 v motherwell and Hamilton.  I don't know why we've dropped our pace I really don't. 

I agree, but does it not alarm you that we are only talking about one half of each game, and that in 2 of those we have now dropped points to teams we would likely have beat last season?

I want us to do well, I want MW to be a success because I love our style... but the inability to sign a defender good enough for the SPFL is now becoming a big concern because we are now dropping points.  SIlly ones at that.

We only lost 1 goal last night, it's scoring that's the problem. Jürgen Klopp doesn't know the answer either, 85% v Burnley & loses 2-0.

What I'm saying is it's happening to teams far better than us & no-one in Britain has found a way to make this style consistently work yet. I'm no expert but having someone who can run at the defence would be good, you'll say O' Halloran, but he doesn't look where he's going.

14 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Have you been impressed with our four league games so far?

How does that answer my question about this forum bitching Le Guen not getting enough time?

It backs up the fact we are impatient if I'm supposed to choose black or white after just 4 games.

6 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

How does that answer my question about this forum bitching Le Guen not getting enough time?

It backs up the fact we are impatient if I'm supposed to choose black or white after just 4 games.

Le Guen was given 6 months, in those 6 months we scored goals but conceded stupid goals too... that formula cost us the league and almost cost us 2nd. 

MW has thus far done the same thing.  Not addressed our issue of defending but to add to the issue we are not scoring either.   The comparisson to Le Guen is there. 

For what it is worth, I still think last season's Rangers team would beat this one.

2 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Is this the go to plan when everything goes tits up: go to Walter?

And what about Davie Weir? Our defence is by far the most shambolic part of our team. Surely questions need to be asked of him?

I still back Warburton 100%. He did exactly what Ally should have done; although his recent signings are McCoist-esque.  

Not sure where the faith in Davie Weir comes from as a coach, I've seen many posts about him sorting out the defence, has anyone seen his record at Sheffield United?

Played 10, won 1, drew 2, lost 7, for 6, against 16. And that was in League 1. Anyone expecting him to be able to improve our defence on the training pitch I fear will be very disappointed.