Mark Warburton

I actually think Warburton might regret signing both Rossiter and Barton, I think 1 of the 2 may have been a better option. Both have came up here on the understanding of 1st team football  and so aren't going to take kindly to sitting on the bench and we don't look great with them both in the same team. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, The Mailman said:

I actually think Warburton might regret signing both Rossiter and Barton, I think 1 of the 2 may have been a better option. Both have came up here on the understanding of 1st team football  and so aren't going to take kindly to sitting on the bench and we don't look great with them both in the same team. 

Rossiter said he he hoped to learn and get a chance. He never expected to walk into the team. He's young and we have him on a long term deal. I hope both don't start on the 10th and expect it will be Barton who does. If we lose and he has a poor game he should be dropped for Rossiter and few will be unhappy with that.

With the exception of Hill, I don't have a problem with any of his signings particularly when you consider the financial constraints he works under.

That defence aside, I'm still quite looking forward to when they all click. I'm sure he will get us back on track, but I need him to be more ruthless with players who aren't doing it,  because if he doesn't, it will be costly for both him and us.

We are all disappointed, had our rants and moans and groans. At the end of the day, he doesn't have an easy job. My expectation has now went down to where reality exists. If we finished second we will have done a job and a cup would be a bonus and if by some miracle we win this league, I will be the first to kiss Dave King's erse. Two faced cunt that I am!

18 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

So sad to say, but is the Paul le Guen

great to look at but they get beaten for pace by a monster munchin no cunt. I think it's time to bring in Walter.

You may be sad to say it, but that is your problem. You honestly think that Warburton has an easy job restoring this club, do you even appreciate where this club as been in the past few years? Give the guy time. I'm totally convinced that Mark Warburton has this club going in the proper direction, but we will need to be patent.

1 hour ago, The Mailman said:

Rossiter was probably signed with a thought to the future as well 

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

What Mr Warburton is trying to achieve takes time and he has done more than enough to earn himself that time. The state Rangers was in before was a monstrosity and he has been immense in his management to turn it around. 

The great team Alex Ferguson built was almost curtailed because of Man Utd fans shouting for him to be sacked in 1989, very possibly what Mark Warburton is trying to achieve could have similar parallels, albeit in a slightly smaller scale. 

Lets not curtail it, even Ferguson had over 3 years before his management structure took hold.  

image.png

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You may be sad to say it, but that is your problem. You honestly think that Warburton has an easy job restoring this club, do you even appreciate where this club as been in the past few years? Give the guy time. I'm totally convinced that Mark Warburton has this club going in the proper direction, but we will need to be patent.

This 100%.

Very frustrating start to the season and in all honesty things are not looking great but MW deserves our loyalty and patience. From what he inherited to what we have now is the work of a genius. A squad who at the moment may not be fulfilling their potentional or our expectations but are more than capable of beating any team in this league(granted we're screaming out for 1/2 solid CB's) 

I think he has more than earned some time to tweak and try and better the teams situation. 

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Give the guy time? Fuck me!

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

You have given him time? You've written him off after four matches; or perhaps you will convince yourself that you have given him a year and a bit because you will say we ended last season so badly blah blah. So, yes, give him a couple of seasons, if you want me to be precise.

9 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Seriously startin to suspect taigery is afoot with you. If yer not makin shite fishin attempts by kidding on yer ITK about a player's injury yer bein miserable, pessimistic and in general a fanny. 

8 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

This 100%.

Very frustrating start to the season and in all honesty things are not looking great but MW deserves our loyalty and patience. From what he inherited to what we have now is the work of a genius. A squad who at the moment may not be fulfilling their potentional or our expectations but are more than capable of beating any team in this league(granted we're screaming out for 1/2 solid CB's) 

I think he has more than earned some time to tweak and try and better the teams situation. 

The problem is that he is not doing any tweaking. The problems have been apparent for some time now and he is not addressing them. I was really hopeful that he would be the answer to our needs but now I am not so sure. It is beginning to look like he is a Championship manager and we are no better than a Championship side. I am prepared to give him time but only if he makes changes. If he persists in selecting underperforming players and this ridiculous wait until 60 minutes before subs are made strategy, then he does not desrve our patience. If a thing aint broke don't fix it but if it is broke fix it fucking quick.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

The problem is that he is not doing any tweaking. The problems have been apparent for some time now and he is not addressing them. I was really hopeful that he would be the answer to our needs but now I am not so sure. It is beginning to look like he is a Championship manager and we are no better than a Championship side. I am prepared to give him time but only if he makes changes. If he persists in selecting underperforming players and this ridiculous wait until 60 minutes before subs are made strategy, then he does not desrve our patience. If a thing aint broke don't fix it but if it is broke fix it fucking quick.

Fair point mate. If I'm honest getting pretty tired of the 'we'll learn from it' at the end of every dissapointing result. He is very stubborn with his formation/tactics  which i fear may be his downfall. 

However whatever the outcome he's earned time imo 

He's got plenty to sort out and the 'honeymoon period' is definitely over although that's always inevitable at a club like ours 

We shouldn't be letting our expectations get too low either, finishing 2nd should be the absolute minimum acceptable this season. But talk of sacking Warburton in August is ludicrous, McCoist had to go because he had no managerial ability at all, Warburton obviously does and  we can't start going down the route of changing managers every few months 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

He's got plenty to sort out and the 'honeymoon period' is definitely over although that's always inevitable at a club like ours 

We shouldn't be letting our expectations get too low either, finishing 2nd should be the absolute minimum acceptable this season. But talk of sacking Warburton in August is ludicrous, McCoist had to go because he had no managerial ability at all, Warburton obviously does and  we can't start going down the route of changing managers every few months 

I don't think there is any danger of that from Warburton, taking the work he has done so far into consideration.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't think there is any danger of that from Warburton, taking the work he has done so far into consideration.

Would think so, I'm saying that while I agree with him getting time it shouldn't be unconditional. Winning the league first time round is clearly a challenge and to be honest if the game in two weeks doesn't go well I'll already be writing it off.

But if we're struggling to finish above the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts as the season goes on with the squad we have then there really are big problems 

Bottom line is King said he expected us to finish first or second, he's put the pressure on the boss but then the boss took the job knowing about the pressure.

Green got hunted for expecting Ally to win a cup !

That's twice that I can remember he's said after a bad day "that's not Rangers" well it's his team his tatics and his training.

Im sure the boss would love time but he knew it wasn't an option from the start

The OF is coming to soon for us, Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning, best result a draw.

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Would think so, I'm saying that while I agree with him getting time it shouldn't be unconditional. Winning the league first time round is clearly a challenge and to be honest if the game in two weeks doesn't go well I'll already be writing it off.

But if we're struggling to finish above the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts as the season goes on with the squad we have then there really are big problems 

How we play at Aberdeen and Hearts, away from home, will be a very sound indicator about where we are at. I'm going to take the match in a fortnight closer to that date, after the transfer window closes!

4 games and it's all over according to some on here and elsewhere , 4 fucking games , we have players out injured , players who haven't played a single minute yet it's all over .

A few years ago we were in danger of losing our club , our heart and soul , if they played on the streets we would watch on the pavements , we have no income bar the support , no retail deal to speak of  , we had no scouting and our academy was a shambles , all getting dealt with .

we currently lie second within one year and a few weeks of MW and Sir Davie taking charge , this window hasn't closed and we have another still to come ,yet the white flags are up , just remember what MrStruth said .

" our very success , gained you will agree by skill ,will draw more people than ever to see us .And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers . Let others come after us . We welcome the chase .It is healthy for us . We will never hide from it . Never fear , inevatibliy we shall have our years of failure , and when they arrive , we must reveal tolerance and sanity ." 

" No matter the days of anxiety that come our ways ,we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome .That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the Gallant pioneers ." 

4 fucking games , absolutely shameful .

Maybe this is actually Warburton turning into a genius, he is deliberately fooling the manky mob into believing we are shit, they turn up expecting to steamroll us and Miller ends up with a hat trick and Barton has Brown in his pocket. Oh wait.... Nurse telling me to take my meds!!!

11 minutes ago, rbr said:

4 games and it's all over according to some on here and elsewhere , 4 fucking games , we have players out injured , players who haven't played a single minute yet it's all over .

A few years ago we were in danger of losing our club , our heart and soul , if they played on the streets we would watch on the pavements , we have no income bar the support , no retail deal to speak of  , we had no scouting and our academy was a shambles , all getting dealt with .

we currently lie second within one year and a few weeks of MW and Sir Davie taking charge , this window hasn't closed and we have another still to come ,yet the white flags are up , just remember what MrStruth said .

" our very success , gained you will agree by skill ,will draw more people than ever to see us .And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers . Let others come after us . We welcome the chase .It is healthy for us . We will never hide from it . Never fear , inevatibliy we shall have our years of failure , and when they arrive , we must reveal tolerance and sanity ." 

" No matter the days of anxiety that come our ways ,we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome .That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the Gallant pioneers ." 

4 fucking games , absolutely shameful .

Sometimes you have to think realistically, I felt to have a chance this season we needed a strong start, assuming their game in hand being won we'll have a 7 point gap already if they win the Old Firm and I just can't see us managing to pull that back. Yes I know we've come back from worse positions before but you have to judge on this current team and their performances

We can't always refer back to the events of the last few years to make things seem better and as for income I'm not going to stop going to the games whatever happens 

26 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Warburton is a very clever individual and has the presence of mind how footballers should train and behave, but so far he has shown his managerial skills to be below par in winning a SPL title and IMHO will bite the dust shortly, he has not fixed his problems from last season and its now too late to change course.

While we can't blame him for all the problems, we have had a team that is capable of leaking goals every game and a powder puff attack contrary to what many Rangers fans think that Rangers are an attacking side(only against weaker sides).

I went through the Davie White(very similar to Warbutron) era and the end result was to bring in a no nonsense manager in Willie Waddle, get the basics right then expand on them and we won the Cup winners cup in Barcelona within a couple of years, times may have changed but winning hasn't and this manager doesn't know how.

Hindsight after last night is strange.

Gutting result but sack MW? Extreme to say the least. Unfortunately were still trying to suss out the right team. 

So the aftermath and the optimist in me says 4 games unbeaten.

The problem is these games were against 4 teams who will finish in the bottom 6. The consistency against these teams is vital, the old firms etc will take care of themselves. If we can come away from parkhead without defeat and use the next 2 weeks or so to really work on what makes us tick in terms of play we could kick on. I hope this is the case and the management get to the bottom of our lacklustre play. The only time I've felt comfortable at a game this season was the first 45 against Dundee. Since then weve slumped like fuck. 

Wallace, Mckay and Miller need to be spoken to individually about their poor performances so far.

I like MW and really believe in the way he plays football but he needs to have balls to drop the underperformers and really get to the route of the problem quickly or september could become a long, dissapointing month