Self torture

Just subjected myself to re watching the game. Knowing the end result I was hoping I could actually watch it independently and unemotionally. 

My conclusion is whilst it was shocking and far from good enough for a Rangers side, there are glimmers of hope. Some of our second half play was close to being great, we are just missing something. Whilst our CHs are disgraceful, our finishing is equally as bad. 

Kiernan however is terrible, I re watched their goal about 10 times and he hasn't a scoobie how to defend, we see it time and time again. 

I'm not giving up yet, we need some luck and things to click and we will challenge this year. No chance am I conceding anywhere near yet but Warburton now knows the pressure of being Rangers manager - sink or swim time. 

We are going to beat the kiddy fiddlers, I know it. The first 15 minutes is going to be crucial. 

No fucking surrender. 

We can NOT afford to lose the 1st goal against the Taigs, especially there. 

When the season got underway, I was fairly confident, now? Not so confident.

We really need to up our game against them. The 2nd half, last night, was a wee bit better, but every time they broke, my heart was in my mouth thinking that they were going to score again.

3 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

Just subjected myself to re watching the game. Knowing the end result I was hoping I could actually watch it independently and unemotionally. 

My conclusion is whilst it was shocking and far from good enough for a Rangers side, there are glimmers of hope. Some of our second half play was close to being great, we are just missing something. Whilst our CHs are disgraceful, our finishing is equally as bad. 

Kiernan however is terrible, I re watched their goal about 10 times and he hasn't a scoobie how to defend, we see it time and time again. 

I'm not giving up yet, we need some luck and things to click and we will challenge this year. No chance am I conceding anywhere near yet but Warburton now knows the pressure of being Rangers manager - sink or swim time. 

We are going to beat the kiddy fiddlers, I know it. The first 15 minutes is going to be crucial. 

No fucking surrender. 

Why will the first 15 be crucial ? We could be a goal down,but you've already told us we'll win. :uk:

No fucking surrender. 

Great post mate but I think you are speaking with your heart over your head in last bit .

Add Wilson to the players who can't defend .

The will get MW is jotters and ourselves a meaningless season if he doesn't start to see it 

No fucking surrender. 

Hill was more at fault for their goal than Kiernan. Boyd is running between the two of them. Kiernan cannot see Boyd so Hill should be the one shouting and dictating what to do. He tries to step up but Kiernan doesn't so either he's shouted and Kiernan's not listened or he hasn't shouted. Since he tries to step up Boyd gets half a yard ahead which allows him to score. Hill either had to tell Kiernan to step up or go with Boyd. He did neither. 

19 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Hill was more at fault for their goal than Kiernan. Boyd is running between the two of them. Kiernan cannot see Boyd so Hill should be the one shouting and dictating what to do. He tries to step up but Kiernan doesn't so either he's shouted and Kiernan's not listened or he hasn't shouted. Since he tries to step up Boyd gets half a yard ahead which allows him to score. Hill either had to tell Kiernan to step up or go with Boyd. He did neither. 

Aye but kiernan was in no mans land, he did nothing, didn't pick up the run, didn't step up. 

Thats us conceded a goal in 11 of our last 13 league games, it just seems to happen all the time. We have now played potentially 4 sides who could be in the bottom 6 and we have been poor each game. Hate to say it but if we are being honest with ourselves it aint looking good for a fortnights time.

this is realy fucking annoying me now what part of playing for 90 minutes do these players not understand. if I turned up for work and only worked 4 hours out an 8 hour shift each shift I would be sacked.i know mw has to take some of the blame for this happening in the games as he has talked about fixing this recurring problem.but the players themselves need to get the finger out and stop being so fucking lazy moping about feeling sorry for themselves at the moment they don't deserve the fantastic support they receive it's as if they expect to go a goal down every game now and that is not on they are playing for rangers so time to stand up and be counted. 

9 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

No fucking surrender. 

I agree. The second half we actually played decently  and totally dominated, but those little passes we would make, together  with running and finding space, just seems to be missing at the moment. Could be a few reasons, like having a more defensive midfield, but we should remember that at the end of last season many were actually complaining that we really needed a holding midfielder to help the defence, yet now we have one ( two) the same people are complaining  that we aren't attacking enough. We can't have it both ways, if we play with a more defensive midfield set up then our quick fluid attacking will suffer, but if we decide to go back to an all out attacking midfield then it's possible we will ship more goals.  I think the manager is still deciding what system to play, but the more defensive set up seems to be winning at the moment given that we have signed more defensive players for the midfield. Personally, I like the all out attacking better, and the thinking that we will score more goals than you attitude. Also, Tavernier has been fantastic so far, any critique of him is total nonsense. However, again, because he is concentrating more on defence, then this again influences our attacking options. 

We need to start finding ways to unlock defences though, and the only way to do that is by playing crisp , faster football , akin to most of last year. We should remember however that we have been playing in the lower leagues for a few years now, and although the SPL is still shit, it is still a step up , so a bit of patience is required, although we as a support are not exactly known for our patience.  Furthermore, all the criticism towards the manager is a joke; the guy totally transformed us, and to start having a go at him after just 4 games is pathetic ( actually after 45 minutes of the Hamilton game) it was always going to be a tough first year back in the top, but I am just glad we are back playing proper competitive football again. It will come, just need to let the boss do his job.

His favourite saying since coming in as manager has been "we learn from it, and we move on" but to be honest we seem to do neither and in my opinion we have gone backwards the last six months. That being said I do believe Warburton can get it right but he has to adjust his team selection and tactics and find a formula to get back to the flowing football he wants to play, and he has to find it fast, as he will soon find out that Ibrox is not a patient place. 

10 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

His favourite saying since coming in as manager has been "we learn from it, and we move on" but to be honest we seem to do neither and in my opinion we have gone backwards the last six months. That being said I do believe Warburton can get it right but he has to adjust his team selection and tactics and find a formula to get back to the flowing football he wants to play, and he has to find it fast, as he will soon find out that Ibrox is not a patient place. 

We're playing in a league above the one we were in when he joined. That's the absolute opposite of going backwards. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

While I agree we were better in the second half, we were playing against 10 men for most of that half.

Our earlier style of play has vanished since about Easter time apart from the semi-final and how we get it back I have no idea. :unsure:

To be fair I don't think the sending off made much difference with the way Killie were defending in the 2nd half. Just meant they were lighter up front but they still made it hard for us to get the through them.

It's only the manager who needs to have the ideas on how to improve and fix the problems. Personally I think he needs to be willing to change formation and tactics.

7 minutes ago, Lidl said:

We're playing in a league above the one we were in when he joined. That's the absolute opposite of going backwards. 

I realise that but the teams we have played in the league this far in are not a great deal better than we faced last season and we started going backwards long before last season even finished in my opinion. 

11 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

No fucking surrender. 

Also watched the game again this morning. Ive said ma peace on the game

NO SURRENDER

11 minutes ago, Lidl said:

And also my point was, we have not seemed to learn anything from games we have dropped points where we should have won, or do you think we have improved dramatically since we actually secured the league title last season ? 

17 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

To be fair I don't think the sending off made much difference with the way Killie were defending in the 2nd half. Just meant they were lighter up front but they still made it hard for us to get the through them.

It's only the manager who needs to have the ideas on how to improve and fix the problems. Personally I think he needs to be willing to change formation and tactics.

I agree with most of what you say, but even when they went down to 10 they had a few raids that made me nervous.

It is our loss of quick play that has gone and we struggled at the end of last season to break teams down as well.

I have not lost faith in MW yet, but it is his job to fix what is wrong and it will need to happen soon.

20 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

No fucking surrender. 

20 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

No fucking surrender. 

am starting to ask myself is CB Kiernan's natural position wasn't he a CDM in his Watford days