Not Played Well Since Semi Final

We have now gone months without playing well. Last time we could say there was a great performance was in the semi final.

Following that was a loss to hibs but we blamed playing on Sunday and the fact the league was over.

Then our poor league performances towards the end was blamed on the league being over.

Then the final was blamed on having a break despite us saying it was ok  and team was prepared.

Now the team are blaming a poor pre season with the early games and eg Niko not fit.

Fact is its been poor since the game at hampden and we haven't picked ourselves up. 

I go back to why do fans see things and Managers don't.  It's blatantly obvious our defence has been shit for ages but we are still scrambling about looking for replacements.  Simply not good enough.

43 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I am hoping this break will change the momentum a bit and something starts clicking into gear.

We built a new team that was better than championship level and we had a honeymoon period. 

That's over. 

We have Kranjcar, Barton, Waghorn and perhaps Tavernier that are better than the rest of the SPFL exception of Celtic. The rest of the players are midtable players.

Our system is easily countered by teams of lower skill. 

Not enough quality, composure, character and desire to take this title. It will be a battle for 2-4th place against Aberdeen, Hearts and ourselves. 

To be honest I'm thinking top six at best this year. Unless of course we can get our dynamism back and quickly. Last night was no better than watching the McCoist side. Devoid of passion and since when do we play long balls under MW? On the whole I'm an optimist but at the moment it's not looking good. I'm also hoping that Windass and Holt can make a difference when they come back in. Not a fan of Barton at all. I don't think he brings anything of any note to the side.

6 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

Amount of low post count guys slashing their wrists on here is laughable. You lot still need to beat Aberdeen this weekend. 

Does a low post count mean that your either a taig or no as staunch as the people who have thousands upon thousands of posts?

2 hours ago, BlueBloodStream said:

We have now gone months without playing well. Last time we could say there was a great performance was in the semi final.

Following that was a loss to hibs but we blamed playing on Sunday and the fact the league was over.

Then our poor league performances towards the end was blamed on the league being over.

Then the final was blamed on having a break despite us saying it was ok  and team was prepared.

Now the team are blaming a poor pre season with the early games and eg Niko not fit.

Fact is its been poor since the game at hampden and we haven't picked ourselves up. 

I go back to why do fans see things and Managers don't.  It's blatantly obvious our defence has been shit for ages but we are still scrambling about looking for replacements.  Simply not good enough.

This man knows what hes talking about.  somethings going wrong big time and do you know what its our players scared to man up and take control. They seem to shy away and you cant do that playing for Rangers. We have no one on our tean who takes control and puts everyone in there place. 

2 hours ago, Vwbear said:

Not played well since hibs 4 2 game except the cup run in fact last season we were playing well until we postponed a game on international week and October November December we were very sluggish 

Was thinking the same since the hibs game at Christmas and even a month before that we were poor,  hopefully the team gels and we go on a run

3 hours ago, BlueBloodStream said:

Agree with everything well said ?? it was obvious what we were lacking in the team last season and ever warburton identified it before the end of the season we needed a CB and striker just over a week to go and he's still trying to get a CB in 

Was just thinking the same thing actually. What's really annoying is we beat Killie last season before we strengthened and it does make you wonder just how much we improved the squad during the summer. Of course it's still early days but the new players who have came in from small clubs have to realise that every time we play the opposition will give everything they have and then some to beat us and being a Rangers player means they have to do the same

11 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

That is a long time 

major concerns 

I think so,  just hope we settle on our best eleven and play players in right position,  and if players aren't performing don't be afraid to drop anyone,  too long certain players have been guaranteed a jersey,  

The management is always on about a pathway to first team but for me Mr Warburton has too many favourites we need to be more ruthless on the park and with team selections