We're doomed I tell you doomed. ......

19 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Spot on, but Way way too positive for this forum buddy. When I read this forum I think of the 17th century Puritan's ie: Witchfinder General. I would hate to be at a party with half of the miserable manic depressives in this place. Cunts must not have much going on if this is all they have to worry about. My message is simple to them........ Get a life and fuck off with your negativity.

We have been shite for 6 months and if anything are going backwards. If warburtons idea of shoring up that defence is Hill then we are fucked,the honeymoon is over and no one is above criticism. King and co play on the loyalty of the fans and are getting away with murder just because they are a better option than the last lot. What justification do you have for being optimistic when we have a rookie manager who won't admit when he is wrong,starts a game with one team ends it with a better one but the goes back to the same side for next game,same subs at same time,same boring comments after every game,not one of our recent signings is a better player than Jason Holt. I thought mccoist was sad blaming plastic pitches but for warburton t say he subbed Barton because the fans were getting noisy is in a different league. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporters are not as stupid as you'd think, last Saturday we got out of jail in the last minute. More than anything we needed the win to keep us top going to face them. We were  looking for a win with style and this would have put paid to the sub standard performances and set us up positively  for what is ahead.

The reality is all those frailties and faults were shown up again, the defence, the lack of penetration, not creating enough good chances. Last night was a massive reality check for most of us, we are running out of excuses for the team and the management hence the the various threads on here today. Cant remember ever being as gutted at an away league draw , that was much more than 2 points dropped last night.

As much as i despise the Scottish football authorities we were given a break with those first 4 games and its criminal to think thats 4 points blown already. 

The positive is we have that international break and have an extra week to prepare for the next challenge, that extra week is a god send for us right now. Im sure in a weeks time we will be on here screaming to get into them nonce bastards but crikey   we need that extra week right now.

The fans deserve better, they've been magnificent, backed the team to the hilt turning out in droves.

But the management have lost the plot, I don't know if the boss promised to get us back to the top on the cheap but it won't work.

I watched the scum game today and the sheep were never in it, if we continue on our current form then the battle is lost, the squad might or might not gel and reach some sort of continuity of form but we don't have a lot of time.

I suppose things can only get better but it needs to happen sooner rather than later

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Who'd have thought Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood town would have been Leicester's?

Just looking at that again, that is some story when you consider they won the league. Will be a buzz when some of our cheapskates start doing the business.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Spot on, but Way way too positive for this forum buddy. When I read this forum I think of the 17th century Puritan's ie: Witchfinder General. I would hate to be at a party with half of the miserable manic depressives in this place. Cunts must not have much going on if this is all they have to worry about. My message is simple to them........ Get a life and fuck off with your negativity.

:lol:

41 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Think I remember the manager telling us we had no strongest 11, everyone was capable of fitting into the team and it wouldn't suffer. 

That is a bit of a daft statement right enough because every side has an ideal starting eleven of their best players. He strikes me as a systems man with much of his coaching being about the coaching rather than relying on players to just come up with something like McCoist. It should make him ideal because it means he relies a lot less on individual players who can produce moments of magic because these cost cash. For some reason though the passing, runs, and movement from last season have disappeared. I think some of it is because teams defend so deep against us but just that we have yet to get going. I wish we would just hold off a little and not go to gung-ho because these muppets are only needing to catch us out once or twice for us to drop points. If we reign it in a bit and take our time then they will still go backs to the wall and offer nothing. Its why I've seen so many boring 2-0 against Kilmarnock under the likes of Mcleish and Smith. Nothing wrong with that sort of result. I do agree with the boys being negative to an extent in that the manager could do with being a bit smarter when it comes to taking care of our business first. We don't have a Man City squad so get a few goals before going all out to pummel teams.

It's probably to do with not being experienced in being at a club like Rangers. But he will soon learn. Ibrox roasts managers who go too many games without a winning run. Even McCoist cut a lonely sight during some of those rotten performances. Warburton will realise soon to take care of our business first and foremost before battering teams with attacking football. If he doesn't then he probably won't ever win a title in any league as we all know that being able to win ugly has its place when trying to win titles. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Back the team, 9,000 ish fans singing all game last night and they were brutal. Nothing much more we can do.

Exactly mate.We back the team and they try to send us home happy.By my reckoning it's been only one side doing their bit since the cup semi.

Still have faith in MW but he must realise if you always do what you have always done you will always get what we are now coming up against as teams can read us like a book.

I get people wanting to remain positive but this "look at how far we've came" patter is annoying. You can't progress and improve if you keep using our worst times recently as the yard-stick.

Should always want to do better and improve.

Heard all the same talk before it's a wee bit tiresome. I just prefer to be honest and realist.

58 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The fans deserve better, they've been magnificent, backed the team to the hilt turning out in droves.

But the management have lost the plot, I don't know if the boss promised to get us back to the top on the cheap but it won't work.

I watched the scum game today and the sheep were never in it, if we continue on our current form then the battle is lost, the squad might or might not gel and reach some sort of continuity of form but we don't have a lot of time.

I suppose things can only get better but it needs to happen sooner rather than later

Could that be about the sheep though mate. I agree that we are not producing like we need to be right now but I seen that lot being completely horsed by that Israeli mob and thought they looked hopeless. I can't help thinking we will improve dramatically once all the players are back and things click a bit more, especially if the manager reigns in the all out attack from the off because it hands them a chance of breaking which we simply don't need to give them. We should always do that in my opinion until we get a couple of goals because we do dominate teams even like now when we are playing poorly. Why give them any hope? I like what he has done and have faith so it seems daft to me that we go all out from the start because its the only thing that seems to give them a chance against us. When was the last team that scored a goal against us not on the break or by bossing us football wise. It just doesn't happen. Its like the guy has the lot but wants to throw opponents crumbs by not being patient until we have a sufficient lead. He has it for me and I will be gutted if that was to turn out to be his downfall because it would be a hell of a waste.

Team at this moment N time is very poor, That simple. Will things get better? Properly in future yes, But till then we will prop draw or lose several more games. TBH I feel by the time we click,Other clubs in the top 2 will be too far ahead in points to catch up. I really hope I am wrong and get cake in my face,But I can only go on what I have seen, Which is getting poorer as the games have went on. 

Happy clappers.

Don't know who coined the phrase but it suits.

We'll ignore the negativity, and realism, to hope on a whim it'll get sorted. 

It won't. 

We're not doomed, but the league is a pipe dream and we're in a battle for a euro spot.

That's the reality. 

What always gives me some comfort is that knowing i,m part of many that over the years have taken the good times and the bad - and a draw being a bad result plus the performances being under par not being acceptable  - that there will be  - jock wallace attitude wasnt lost over time in  the fans

Rangers to me represent and are bigger in heart than any english money grabbing english club in the premier league that had they been in our position would they have got crowds like we did in the lowest leagues in scotland - no chance

Chelsea v Annan Athletic - Liverpool v Stranraer - Man utd v Alloa If The World fan base of all these glory mechandising diva teams had these fixtures

Back to the point .

Jock Wallace would have kicked half this team up the gullaine sands and lee wallace told as captain you stayed with us all through time to show why you did .

2 hours ago, teddybears1872 said:

Team at this moment N time is very poor, That simple. Will things get better? Properly in future yes, But till then we will prop draw or lose several more games. TBH I feel by the time we click,Other clubs in the top 2 will be too far ahead in points to catch up. I really hope I am wrong and get cake in my face,But I can only go on what I have seen, Which is getting poorer as the games have went on. 

The scum might be too far ahead but if we're trailing 2nd place we're in real trouble

The way I read things is simple, when people have asked about our realistic expectations this season the answers have been staggering, first and first only is acceptable as we are Rangers, in truth from where we have been for 4yrs....competing for the league would be a positive outcome as we continue our journey back to the top, as we now struggle (which was always possible) the toys are out the pram and every cunt is shite from the management to the players, we need to get a grip of reality and realise that this season may prove to be a stepping stone for hopefully better things.

A major kick up the arse is needed for the Manager on down.  I couldn't give a fuck if we have 90% possession 35 yards from goal.  It isn't working.  We are scraping by.. and luckily it's early days so we can change things.  The thing is.. no one on here has had a knee jerk reaction.. it's been going downhill for 4 months or so. But it IS salvageable.  

MW needs a reality check..and needs a plan 'B' and stop thinking that pretty football is winning football.  Teams that score goals and prevent goals play winning Football -- end of.

ok so 1 point behind the scum -- let's say it's 4.  We cannot slip up.  It changes vs them.  We win that match, we set up 55.  Strongly believe that (tu)

39 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The way I read things is simple, when people have asked about our realistic expectations this season the answers have been staggering, first and first only is acceptable as we are Rangers, in truth from where we have been for 4yrs....competing for the league would be a positive outcome as we continue our journey back to the top, as we now struggle (which was always possible) the toys are out the pram and every cunt is shite from the management to the players, we need to get a grip of reality and realise that this season may prove to be a stepping stone for hopefully better things.

We are talking about the Scottish premier league here so our journey back to the top as you put it really shouldn't be that difficult,if you take away the scum then the rest of the league is piss poor,and if you go by all European results this season then any manager worth his salt would have us running over much of this dross. We couldn't have had an easier start to the league if we'd picked the fixtures ourselves. I haven't read anybody saying the manager is shite but he is not helping himself with his crazy team selections and stubborn refusal to admit his plan is not going to work. The reality is we as a club cannot accept just writing a season off and HOPING things get better

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I get people wanting to remain positive but this "look at how far we've came" patter is annoying. You can't progress and improve if you keep using our worst times recently as the yard-stick.

Should always want to do better and improve.

Heard all the same talk before it's a wee bit tiresome. I just prefer to be honest and realist.

bang on mate people use that almost as if we should be shocked at what we have achieved so far. That's now in the past new season new beginning and we have stalled.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

The club and player's have put the pressure on themselves by saying we will challenge for the league. I demand the title under normal circumstances but these circumstances ain't normal Imo when you consider everything.

So if its to be a comfortable 2nd and in touch with the scum then I might just accept that grudgingly.

The club need to come out and tell us what they think is achievable this year lots won't be happy but as long as we can see improvement ahead of serious challenge next year am sure it would be understood.

Two problems in the team atm are we have no CBs with any defensive qualities, Wilson to weak, Kiernan no eyes and Hill is a total bomb scare ( first bad signing by MW ). That must be adressed properlly and if its not then our system simply has to change because those guys are not strong enough or wise enough to cope.

The other problem and imo a bigger one is the selection of midfielders, Rossiter and Barton are both ball winners and defensivelly minded. Our whole style of play is absolutely dependant on quick, athletic driving midfield players and with two of those guys on the pitch we suffer big time.

Its no coincidence we have lacked any decent penetration and proper goal scoring chances in our games so far and this will continue until their is more flexibilty in the midfield. Niko certainly has the touch and vision but no matter what condition or fitness he reaches he cant run.......luxury player atm.

In my opinion our best midfielder this season has been Halliday, a guy many said would need replaced. 

Play either Barton or Rossiter along with Holt/Halliday/Windass/Mckay when available. Those guys have been out but MW should have moved wee Baz back into midfield as his range of passing is far greater than wee Harrys and I actually think its his best position.