We're doomed I tell you doomed. ......

You appear to forget we had little penetration for the last few months of last season and there was no Barton or Rossiter. Plenty of possession, but all square passes and slow as a week in the jail going forward. The start of this season has been the epitamy of that.

Ball winners can and do make defence splitting passes, which we have lacked since day one, until now.

This team appears nervous, little confidence. Our movement off the ball, making decent passing options going forward is almost non existent. Too slow, too square.

Leicester had one of the worst records in the Premiership for possesion, but they won it. When they went forward, they killed you with their lightening pace and passing accuracy, two, three touches and the ball was in the back of the net. We don't have the quality of them, but look what the fuck we are up against, so it's all relative.

McKay has turned into a shrinking violet and I am beginning to think all this possesion game neither fits with the psyche nor the attributes of our squad. Our players are not of Barcelona pedigree, but I think they have little faith in this system, not being their natural game, far less the ability to be effective with it and it shows.

Then we persist with playing the ball out from the back. Now, have you ever witnessed anything so unnatural as Fod's trying to pass a ball out to a defender, who in turn receive it like they've got two left feet? It's fucking embarassing too watch and are asking for trouble. Then we move the ball up the park at a snail's pace. The amount of square passing and back passing would put an insomniac to sleep. Any wonder we put ourselves under pressure?

We have players with pace that will rip defences apart, but our tactics are not of that and neither are they picked and I would say our tactics are that reason, not their lack of ability.

We are slow and predictable, with a defensive weakness as wide as the Clyde and that is why we are toiling against dross as opposed to burying them.

Please don't give it that others set up with ten men behind the ball, as they have no other fucking option, as we are that fucking slow and predictable going at them. We should not be giving them time to get organised. 

I may be way off the mark, just an opininion, but something aint working, even with those yet to get their chance, if they ever, I doubt little will change if we persist with this predictable format.

A rethink needed. A system yes, but one that is in keeping with the players strengths and attributes. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter said "At Rangers you are never more than two defeats away from a crisis"

Or was it two draws? 

All these panic merchants better brace themselves, because at some stage in this long league campaign we are going to actually 'lose' a game. 

Here's my view...

Not the best start but far from the worst start and we've won titles starting far worse than this. Personally I'd rather get the bad form at the start and finish strong as opposed to last season when we lost our way near the end and stumbled over the line.

10 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Or was it two draws? 

All these panic merchants better brace themselves, because at some stage in this long league campaign we are going to actually 'lose' a game. 

Here's my view...

Not the best start but far from the worst start and we've won titles starting far worse than this. Personally I'd rather get the bad form at the start and finish strong as opposed to last season when we lost our way near the end and stumbled over the line.

We will lose our first game in two weeks, if we don't change, it will be the first of many.

I think reality is starting to kick in for alot of people,  We are going to struggle away from home this season,  we are not going to coast the league as everyone expects, Alot of players need to raise their game, I back the management to get us playing better but I think quite a few people need to manage their expectations. 

6 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Or was it two draws? 

Here's my view...

The Rangers teams that overcame worse starts than this were much better than the current outfit.

There was always the ability to bring in some reinforcements to help turn things around.

We've got 3 days left to pull off something on the recruitment front....

On 27/08/2016 at 5:36 PM, j1mgg said:

The Tim's have played 1 game less, are 1 point ahead, and have played 2 out of the expected top 4 teams in the league, and have a better goal difference by 4.

Aye, all is good.

We need a massive bottle to crash when we play them, but at this moment the bottle crashing will be Warburton on changing the team selection.

I honestly think posters who are happy with the way the teams played since we beat the scum are only kidding themselves on.

No cunt takes them seriously.

Warburton seems relecutant to drop a few players. Celtic game is coming at the wrong time.

Badly missing Holt's movement, imagination, he keeps the ball moving quick. Closes the opposition down, works hard for the team, and he knows where the net is. 

Barton, Rossiter, both same type of player. It has to be one or the other, with Holt, Windass, Halliday. 

I'm not saying they will solve all our problems. But it would be a start.

On August 28, 2016 at 4:56 AM, Blue Avenger said:

You appear to forget we had little penetration for the last few months of last season and there was no Barton or Rossiter. Plenty of possession, but all square passes and slow as a week in the jail going forward. The start of this season has been the epitamy of that.

Ball winners can and do make defence splitting passes, which we have lacked since day one, until now.

This team appears nervous, little confidence. Our movement off the ball, making decent passing options going forward is almost non existent. Too slow, too square.

Leicester had one of the worst records in the Premiership for possesion, but they won it. When they went forward, they killed you with their lightening pace and passing accuracy, two, three touches and the ball was in the back of the net. We don't have the quality of them, but look what the fuck we are up against, so it's all relative.

McKay has turned into a shrinking violet and I am beginning to think all this possesion game neither fits with the psyche nor the attributes of our squad. Our players are not of Barcelona pedigree, but I think they have little faith in this system, not being their natural game, far less the ability to be effective with it and it shows.

Then we persist with playing the ball out from the back. Now, have you ever witnessed anything so unnatural as Fod's trying to pass a ball out to a defender, who in turn receive it like they've got two left feet? It's fucking embarassing too watch and are asking for trouble. Then we move the ball up the park at a snail's pace. The amount of square passing and back passing would put an insomniac to sleep. Any wonder we put ourselves under pressure?

We have players with pace that will rip defences apart, but our tactics are not of that and neither are they picked and I would say our tactics are that reason, not their lack of ability.

We are slow and predictable, with a defensive weakness as wide as the Clyde and that is why we are toiling against dross as opposed to burying them.

Please don't give it that others set up with ten men behind the ball, as they have no other fucking option, as we are that fucking slow and predictable going at them. We should not be giving them time to get organised. 

I may be way off the mark, just an opininion, but something aint working, even with those yet to get their chance, if they ever, I doubt little will change if we persist with this predictable format.

A rethink needed. A system yes, but one that is in keeping with the players strengths and attributes. 

Spot on. How many times do we see McKay bombing down the wing only to have to stop short and pass sideways because there's no one coming in to support the run. We are bloody terrible at getting bodies into the box, and even when we do, I've come to have zero confidence in our ability to score off it - with how poor we are at hitting the target, you'd sometimes swear the goal was only an inch wide. Couple that with this bombscare defence and it's no wonder many supporters are getting fed up. I dont like being a negative Nellie, but that's the truth of it as it stands now and somehow it's simply got to get sorted if we're to have any chance at the title.

1 hour ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Warburton seems relecutant to drop a few players. Celtic game is coming at the wrong time.

Badly missing Holt's movement, imagination, he keeps the ball moving quick. Closes the opposition down, works hard for the team, and he knows where the net is. 

Barton, Rossiter, both same type of player. It has to be one or the other, with Holt, Windass, Halliday. 

I'm not saying they will solve all our problems. But it would be a start.

I honestly think MOH needs a run of games as well - strong player with lots of desire whose pace can give fits to opposing defences. Well worth a shot imo.