Academy CB's

Gaz52

I don't watch much of our youth teams but we're Rangers and we attract the best young talent out there, we must have a young guy who can step in to centre-half and show us what he's made of?

The senior players are making an absolute arse of it at the moment so now is as good a time as any to give a youngster a chance to play in there. 

I don't like to use them as an example but the tarriers were short on defenders and gave O'Connell(I think) a shot in the qualifiers and he done well. Surely we have someone of similar ilk in our barracks?

Maybe the cup game vs Queen Of The South would be the perfect chance to give someone else a shot.

11 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I don't watch much of our youth teams but we're Rangers and we attract the best young talent out there, we must have a young guy who can step in to centre-half and show us what he's made of?

The senior players are making an absolute arse of it at the moment so now is as good a time as any to give a youngster a chance to play in there. 

I don't like to use them as an example but the tarriers were short on defenders and gave O'Connell(I think) a shot in the qualifiers and he done well. Surely we have someone of similar ilk in our barracks?

Maybe the cup game vs Queen Of The South would be the perfect chance to give someone else a shot.

We don't attract the best young talent and we haven't for years . They all know theres very little chance of any of them getting near the first team.

30 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

And if they do and have a bad 45 minutes they get hounded by two thirds of the stadium.

Bad performances for a club with high standards and fans with high standards are obviously going to get a hounding. Madrid fans hound their players, Barca too. It's a sign of a winning mentality.

Eventually we're going to have to rely on youngsters as we currently have an owner unwilling to put his hands in his pocket to mount a proper title challenge.

I think Warburton is the same as Smith and McCoist in many ways in terms of giving academy players a wide berth

Why we brought in a 37 year old washed up defender instead of taking the chance with one of our up and coming academy players is a bit mind boggling

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Would that be the ch's that got beat by stenhousemuir - so far their only victory this season?

Yep, let's get them in ?

Don't think that's what the OP is saying, I've been wondering the same thing myself for quite some time ie: where is the young talent we should be coaching? they all seem to be either let go or farmed out, and none seem to be good enough to break through into the first team, now I do understand that MW has transformed the youth set up and it may take time for that to come to fruition however it is depressing that wee have to bring in young loanees from England because apparently we cannot produce good enough talent from our own country.

The standard of player in this country has been slipping year on year for the last 30 years 

Hopefully something radical and innovative is going on at Auchenhowie because we do need it a successful youth academy. For me scouting is fundamental in this.

Wouldnt expect it to happen tomorrow though.

That mob have played a left back and centre half with no qualms, allowing them first team access and a chance.

MW has spoken about a route to the first team, but allour promising players are loaned out. 

I don't get the whole first team access thing, hopefully the young players do other they'll be off

16 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Sadly teams like moron and Hamilton have a better youth teams than ourselves - we can't attract the best youth players about.

I share you're point though in essence - however, if we don't have any one for the CB position ready to step up even as a squad player, then dark days.

17 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Bad performances for a club with high standards and fans with high standards are obviously going to get a hounding. Madrid fans hound their players, Barca too. It's a sign of a winning mentality.

See if you'd performed like wee Mckay has for 12+ after being discarded by said support and the club, I think you might be entitled to a wee 45 minutes spell.

Calling the boy useless and telling him to "get to fuck" is hardly constructive.