Big Niko

Gaz52

Is it just me or is he looking leaner and sharper now? What a difference a few weeks can make

When he came on vs Motherwell for his debut he was blowing out his arse within 5 minutes but last night he looked sharp and mobile. He didn't have the desired impact but there were no gaps for him to exploit.

Is he a starter in your eyes? I think definitely now he's getting closer to being fully fit. 

Looked impressive bar an overcooked corner. The player recieving the ball very rarely has to move a yard when he plays the pass. 

You can tell hes looking learner and sharper when he tracked back half the length of the park and won the ball before they got to our box. Sign of the desire and commitment needed even from a "luxury" player. 

A positive from last nights game. Also that he basically played on a concrete pitch and came away not injured. 

Could pop up at crucial times during the season delivering a little bit of magic. 

These two weeks will be great for him and I'd expect him to be starting from Aberdeen onwards and lasting 70-80 mins 

Him and Windass with one of our sitting midfielders, probably Barton, looks to me to be our best bet. This two holding midfielders is baws and seems to be stifling our ability to create the wee triangles of quick passing play and shift the ball faster through the middle of the park

Everyone mentions his lack of pace but when he lost the ball with a poor pass and he tracked back caught up with the player and won the ball back. I personally think he will be a star this season once he fully adapts and gets 100% match fit. 

Niko is a bit of a luxury player just now, & I don't think he fits MW's style of play. He is a terrific player, and if we had won our 1st 4 games, like we really should have, he'd be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. We need busier players in midfield like Holt, Halliday, & Windass, right now. I do know that Holt & Windass are both injured, but if they were fit, I'd put them in before Niko,

I would now play him from the start we need his creativity to unlock defences escpecialy against the scum. I'm always a believer in playing your best players from the start anyway, if he starts to get tired then fine sub him hopefully by that time he has done the damage already.

12 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Like i said before we signed him , his best days are long gone and of course got slaughtered by the experts on here.

Obviously his best days are going to be gone but he still has that vision and technical ability. Whatever pace he may have had isn't there and he won't last the full 90 in too many games (if any) but he's still got that footballing brain and even last week against Motherwell he has shown he will have a part to play in this team 

Technically he's way better than any player from both teams. When we don't have the ball we are effectively with 10 men but get him on it and he could create merry hell 

He will have to be accommodated to be included- if he was then it would two up front 

For,  Tavernier,  Lee, Keirnan, Wilson, Barton, Halliday, Forrester, Niko,  MOH, McKay 

1 hour ago, bluenose_n1 said:

He's 31 year old ffs

think he is going to surprise a few

hes never been the fastest but yous are talking about him as if he's 40

29-31 used to be the peak of your career

He's 32.

Out of your 'peak' range!