2 Rangers Fans Arrested

WCPRANGERS1

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Bla bla bla bla ! 

Rampant paranoia abounds on here and we keep falling into the same old traps of believing the same old push and behaving like victims! 

your an apologist cunt bet it was you that complained. I'll cross my fingers for the day the system fucks you over.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Kinda proves my point - a badly written article ( I assume from the record?) being selective in reporting and our fans buying into it big time as 'proof' 

How's it being selective? why do you continually ignore facts that don't suit you instead of just being humble for once and saying you are wrong.

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Kinda proves my point - a badly written article ( I assume from the record?) being selective in reporting and our fans buying into it big time as 'proof' 

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/real-life/billy-boys-awful-offensive-song-5961642

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/je-suis-billy-boy-free-speech-for-football-fans/16774#.V8MGmz9rjIU

http://www.heart.co.uk/scotland/news/local/old-firm-fan-jailed/

https://catherinemccall.wordpress.com

A police insider told the Evening Times: “Obviously some of these songs are recognisable. But we will be making sure that all officers involved in policing the match are aware of what is acceptable and what is not. If you sing an offensive, sectarian song, we’ll arrest you.”

Unless you nhave absolute proof that the reports are incorrect then you are talking shite again. What is it with you and your refusal to believe the evidence presented to you. If you have a single shred of proof that he was doing something else then please produce the evidence. Otherwise accept the, widely, reported version of events and, for once, accept that singing a song can get you arrested. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I don't know of any words that I would be offended by. Why are these companies entertaining these fruit loop cunts that are looking to be offered

Aye, but whether you or I is offended isn't the point. There are things that it should be an offence to sing.

The 'it's just a song' thing that people go on about isn't a good defence.

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

It's not a rant mate,it's just the way it is  we live in a PC society now. 

And yes religion is a choice but does the Church of Scotland condone singing no Pope of Rome? 

Serious question right. NPOR is a fantasy song if you wish, a song based on a dream, a fantasy .No intent behind it just a song.

What REALLY is wrong with it?

16 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Arev you saying that Scott Lamont wasn't jailed for singing TBB, even though its the only thing mentioned in the BBC Report? Surely any thuggery by a Rangers fan would be highlighted? 

1513326_10201456396359204_325539440_n.jpg

Your meme - for me is correct - folk only here what they want to hear! We seem to have many that want to hear that we are being 'persecuted' for singing TBB and yet the offence is '.... Something.. Agrivated offence' ie there is something the first and then the 'aggravation' is added. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Aye, but whether you or I is offended isn't the point. There are things that it should be an offence to sing.

I would suggest that the principle of 'sticks and stones' should apply as a starting point. Offence is a personal thing and its nigh on impossible to legislate on that basis its a slippery slope to even try. About the only things I can think of, that would receive widespread support, are innocent victims of atrocities/abuse/accidents but even that i subjective 'one nmans terrorist and all that'. Its likely that someone singing those sort of things will have morals that will lead to them falling foul of other laws. Religion should never ever form part of that sort of legislation.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

isn't using the H** word a offence why don't we see people getting done for that

Every fucking thread where bears try to defend their own up he fucking pops with the usual paranoia, pitchforks and angry mob pish, at times yes I think we have been over sensitive with SOME of it , but I think that comes with what has been happening overall over the last few years, I have honestly never came across a Rangers fan with such animosity towards his own support, this thread has done it for me , you are indeed a disgrace and while you may be a Rangers fan your views are repugnant to me , the fucking enemy within. 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How's it being selective? why do you continually ignore facts that don't suit you instead of just being humble for once and saying you are wrong.

:lol: says the man who ignores the actual letters from focus and fans groups but believes the Record or BBC - :lol::lol::lol: 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: says the man who ignores the actual letters from focus and fans groups but believes the Record or BBC - :lol::lol::lol: 

What have I ignored? I've missed something here ... what letter from Focus? as for the fans groups fuck sake if they told me it was raining outside I'd leave the house in shorts and t-shirt.

Your meme - for me is correct - folk only here what they want to hear! We seem to have many that want to hear that we are being 'persecuted' for singing TBB and yet the offence is '.... Something.. Agrivated offence' ie there is something the first and then the 'aggravation' is added. 

Wrong again:

Lamont was jailed under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

No 'aggravation' (you really should try to spell check) is mentioned. 

Once again, provide the evidence to support your contention or you are making shit up to suit your bizarre 'opinion'. you really should quit while you are lagging several miles behind.

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Wrong again:

Lamont was jailed under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

Once again, provide the evidence to support your contention or you are making shit up to suit your bizarre 'opinion'. you really should quit while you are lagging several miles behind.

As someone put it earlier one hears what one wants to - applies to many on here! 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

isn't the H** word a offence why don't we see people getting done for that

Good question. I asked FoCUS the same. The answer is that unless the term is used with other aggravating language then it's not deemed an offence. i.e if you get called a H**, it's ok. If you get called a H** bastard it's offensive.

Scotland's fucked 

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

I would suggest that the principle of 'sticks and stones' should apply as a starting point. Offence is a personal thing and its nigh on impossible to legislate on that basis its a slippery slope to even try. About the only things I can think of, that would receive widespread support, are innocent victims of atrocities/abuse/accidents but even that i subjective 'one nmans terrorist and all that'. Its likely that someone singing those sort of things will have morals that will lead to them falling foul of other laws. Religion should never ever form part of that sort of legislation.

Offence is a personal thing? Yeah it is. There's been alot of talk about that recently. Since Charlie Hebdo, really. But it's gone so far as to often tip into thinking it's wrong to be offended and  into people only observing the fact that offence is personal rather than also acknowledging the fact that things can be damaging or wrong for reasons other than individual offence. I'm not talking about legislating against personal offence (or about protecting religion). 

Of course I'm talking about things like bare faced racism, of incitement to violence, support of terrorist organisations and things like that. There's no argument that NPOR should be in any way illegal, or anything anti-Catholic Church. That would obviously be an infringement of free speech, but to say nothing that can be sung should be an offence makes no sense.  

Most stuff at the football I have no issue with, but I can see how The Billy Boys is questionable.

As someone put it earlier one hears what one wants to - applies to many on here! 

What utter Bollocks you are spouting. You cfan't provide a single shred of evidence to support your point can you? Try admitting that and you might be able to claw back from your utterly ridiculous position (based on your political affiliation as much as anything I, and many others, would be left nto surmise). 

Once again, have you a single shred of evidence to support your contention? A simple yes (with an appropriate link) or no will suffice.

10 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Wrong again:

Jesus, you do like an argument, don't you? Have an opinion mate but ffs remember you're talking to fellow rangers fans 

and no I have not found my evidence ............. It's not that serious bud - it's just a debating chamber between fellow bears 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Offence is a personal thing? Yeah it is. There's been alot of talk about that recently. Since Charlie Hebdo, really. But it's gone so far as to often tip into thinking it's wrong to be offended and  into people only observing the fact that offence is personal rather than also acknowledging the fact that things can be damaging or wrong for reasons other than individual offence. I'm not talking about legislating against personal offence (or about protecting religion). 

Of course I'm talking about things like bare faced racism, of incitement to violence, support of terrorist organisations and things like that. There's no argument that NPOR should be in any way illegal, or anything anti-Catholic Church. That would obviously be an infringement of free speech, but to say nothing that can be sung should be an offence makes no sense.  

Most stuff at the football I have no issue with, but I can see how The Billy Boys is questionable.

I've provided my opinion - you want to go round and round like ground hog day then that's fine - it doesn't change my opinion in the same way you won't change yours - just reread my points and you'll see my opinion