2 Rangers Fans Arrested

WCPRANGERS1

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Jesus, you do like an argument, don't you? Have an opinion mate but ffs remember you're talking to fellow rangers fans 

and no I have not found my evidence ............. It's not that serious bud - it's just a debating chamber between fellow bears 

Its a Sunday, its debate day. You should see me get stuck in to Jehovahs Witnesses! :D

Conclusion is you have made an 'opinion' based on not a single piece of evidence so you'll just ignore that presented to you?? The problem is serious though when its leading to Rangers fans being huckled or even jailed for singing songs. That it really does only happen in Scotland (OK maybe North Korea as well) should scare the crap out of you to be honest.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Its a Sunday, its debate day. You should see me get stuck in to Jehovahs Witnesses! :D

Conclusion is you have made an 'opinion' based on not a single piece of evidence so you'll just ignore that presented to you?? The problem is serious though when its leading to Rangers fans being huckled or even jailed for singing songs. That it really does only happen in Scotland (OK maybe North Korea as well) should scare the crap out of you to be honest.

Well I saw your posts on the Jews and I thought ??? I'm lost now ?

Its not academia in here - I understand the argument/evidence I went to uni like you probably did too but it's just bears giving out their opinions - we are a broad church after all 

no need for the insults mate ?

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Do you find the Killie, Man United etc etc etc, versions questionable?

Yeah. Anything with the line we're talking about is. 

Not convinced I'd go as far as it being illegal to sing it, but I can imagine that arguments could be made. Thinking about it, I could also see why there would be more attention given to the version we sing, because people were/are actually dying in the related conflict. There's a real, relevant context to it which gives it a bit of a deeper social meaning than the rest. It could be seen as more damaging and meaningful  than some chant between Dundee united and Dundee fans. 

But in general terms, I think it's reasonable to draw a line at anything that sounds like an incitement to violence, and that shouldn't infringe free speech.

It's an age-old debate this Billy Boys thing but regardless of who finds it offensive, or not - no-one should have to go to jail (and lose their job, struggle to find future work, maybe their pension and their family) for singing a song at a football match. It is honestly mental.

You've got people who have admitted to touching/taking pictures of children and people who have been drunk behind a wheel and killed an innocent and sometimes they don't do jail time but sing a song where the literal meaning of the word fenian is an anti-British Republican sympathsier and sometimes terrorist and it offends a section of Scottish society enough to put you in jail (on a bad day)

I'm sick even saying the usual cliche "the country is fucked" it has been for a long long time even if people like BluePeter9 refuses to acknowledge this. It's a pointless debate. I think it was JCDBear on here that said why are we even debating it? it's beyond that stage. If enough people cared enough they could action and hope to create change but you have no chance while about 40% of Scotland votes in the SNP into Government and a section of Rangers fans who will do their bit voting for them putting their favourite political parties policies about the good of the football team they claim to love's fans.

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I've provided my opinion - you want to go round and round like ground hog day then that's fine - it doesn't change my opinion in the same way you won't change yours - just reread my points and you'll see my opinion 

Eh, sorry?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It's an age-old debate this Billy Boys thing but regardless of who finds it offensive, or not - no-one should have to go to jail (and lose their job, struggle to find future work, maybe their pension and their family) for singing a song at a football match. It is honestly mental.

You've got people who have admitted to touching/taking pictures of children and people who have been drunk behind a wheel and killed an innocent and sometimes they don't do jail time but sing a song where the literal meaning of the word fenian is an anti-British Republican sympathsier and sometimes terrorist and it offends a section of Scottish society enough to put you in jail (on a bad day)

I'm sick even saying the usual cliche "the country is fucked" it has been for a long long time even if people like BluePeter9 refuses to acknowledge this. It's a pointless debate. I think it was JCDBear on here that said why are we even debating it? it's beyond that stage. If enough people cared enough they could action and hope to create change but you have no chance while about 40% of Scotland votes in the SNP into Government and a section of Rangers fans who will do their bit voting for them putting their favourite political parties policies about the good of the football team they claim to love's fans.

I agree with that. The punishment always seems massively excessive. 

Well I saw your posts on the Jews and I thought ??? I'm lost now ?

Its not academia in here - I understand the argument/evidence I went to uni like you probably did too but it's just bears giving out their opinions - we are a broad church after all 

no need for the insults mate ?

What insults, just setting out the conclusion that can be drawn from this interaction? I didn't go to Uni, I have a post graduate qualification but obtained it in the real world working and studying at the same time. I am lost how the evidence leads you to an opinion thatyou cannot support in any way other than to call it an opinion?? Must be the University thing.:lol:

Its only the internet don't take anything personally, I'm sure (like BP9) you aren't anything like your internet persona.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

What insults, just setting out the conclusion that can be drawn from this interaction? I didn't go to Uni, I have a post graduate qualification but obtained it in the real world working and studying at the same time. I am lost how the evidence leads you to an opinion thatyou cannot support in any way other than to call it an opinion?? Must be the University thing.:lol:

Its only the internet don't take anything personally, I'm sure (like BP9) you aren't anything like your internet persona.

I'm fairly new on here - used to be a ghuest ?? don't understand all the blue peter 9 (that's bp9 right?) that goes on - suspect he's a big personality with big opinions  

and they usually differ from yours ??

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Anything with the line we're talking about is. 

Not convinced I'd go as far as it being illegal to sing it, but I can imagine that arguments could be made. Thinking about it, I could also see why there would be more attention given to the version we sing, because people were/are actually dying in the related conflict. There's a real, relevant context to it which gives it a bit of a deeper social meaning than the rest. It could be seen as more damaging and meaningful  than some chant between Dundee united and Dundee fans. 

But in general terms, I think it's reasonable to draw a line at anything that sounds like an incitement to violence, and that shouldn't infringe free speech.

Its an incredibly difficult area to use legisaltion in. I'm pretty sure that a miniscule number of people are, genuinely, offended by TBB (or any of the versions). I really think society should 'man up' (or is that sexist?) and lets get back to dealing with real problems rather than ones made up by groups seeking some sort of justification for their own dubious actions.

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I'm fairly new on here - used to be a ghuest ?? don't understand all the blue peter 9 (that's bp9 right?) that goes on - suspect he's a big personality with big opinions  

No doubt we will find out soon enough which previously banned member you were 

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I'm fairly new on here - used to be a ghuest

So new that you haven't found the RM Erskine Fund donation thread yet???  

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/295270-rm-erskine-fund-–-season-201617-accounts-members-donations-discussion-action/

Surely not.:pipe:

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Away you back to eating green peparamis ya careful now ****** bastard 

7 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

TWO men have been arrested following complaints about sectarian songs by Rangers fans during the match with Kilmarnock on Friday.

BT Sport, which broadcast the match live, received complaints from armchair fans with one describing a "high level of sectarian singing" during the game at Rugby Park which ended in 1-1 draw.

Police Scotland confirmed that two men aged 22 and 23 were arrested in connection with alleged offences contrary to the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

They were released on an undertaking to appear at court at a later date.

What a sad life some people lead watching tv to be offended. If they are acquitted then Police should charge the throbber with wasting Police time. As for BT Sport they really need to have a word with themselves.

Probably Tom English, the cunt, phoning in to complain....he certainly mentioned it in his match report.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its an incredibly difficult area to use legisaltion in. I'm pretty sure that a miniscule number of people are, genuinely, offended by TBB (or any of the versions). I really think society should 'man up' (or is that sexist?) and lets get back to dealing with real problems rather than ones made up by groups seeking some sort of justification for their own dubious actions.

Sure, it's difficult, but I don't think that's a good reason not to try to legislate fairly. I'm happy to accept that words have meaning and that they can be a small part of a damaging issue and that some lines should be drawn in a manner that seeks to reduce social damage, rather than to protect the offended individual. Racist language is a better example than TBB, but TBB could be a casualty of another example that I probably wouldn't take issue with.

Now that there is plenty of evidence for.:D Lets just say BP9 and I are both 'big' personalities (govanblue can verify) but we can manage to be pretty civil in real life. As long as you have made the appropriate donation to govanblue then we will all have something positive in common (can't remember if I've seen you mentioned on that thread)

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

We could always change the words. :dry:

According to Focus word changes don't matter as the tune is offensive and that's that - despite Kilmarnock, Dundee and Hearts having their own versions and that being OK.

Just now, K.A.I said:

According to Focus word changes don't matter as the tune is offensive and that's that - despite Kilmarnock, Dundee and Hearts having their own versions and that being OK.

:lol: That's ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

You can be up your knees in any type of blood you want bar Fenian.  It's amazing actually 

The powers that be originally deemed the word (a word ffs?) 'Fenian' as the offending word but because they make the rules up as they go along when it concerns Rangers fans you could add any word as a replacement and you'd still be arrested. Fans of other clubs sing different versions of TBB and not a finger is lifted so that leaves us to conclude that it's not one word, the lyrics in general or the song or tune in its entirety....it's who's fucking singing it that's their problem! I actually believe they're not too bothered even if it results in a conviction (but delighted if it does, of course) as long as they're turning the screw at every opportunity!!

35 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

That's like stick a knitting needle in your right eye, deciding it was sore as fuck then  sticking it in your left eye just to make sure the pain wasn't in your head 

:lol: best put down I've had for a while!