2 Rangers Fans Arrested

WCPRANGERS1

12 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Now that there is plenty of evidence for.:D Lets just say BP9 and I are both 'big' personalities (govanblue can verify) but we can manage to be pretty civil in real life. As long as you have made the appropriate donation to govanblue then we will all have something positive in common (can't remember if I've seen you mentioned on that thread)

I think we are pretty civil on line as well - just differing opinions 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

What insults, just setting out the conclusion that can be drawn from this interaction? I didn't go to Uni, I have a post graduate qualification but obtained it in the real world working and studying at the same time. I am lost how the evidence leads you to an opinion thatyou cannot support in any way other than to call it an opinion?? Must be the University thing.:lol:

Its only the internet don't take anything personally, I'm sure (like BP9) you aren't anything like your internet persona.

I'm exactly like my internet persona - it's just when one reads words one reads them with ones own inflections and face to face you get my whole meaning - online it's more difficult . 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Seems harsh and would like to think not true ( while not casting aspersions on your set of events - as every paper story that says fined for singing TBB when you read it there is always more to it than that. 

Harsh is a huge understatement, a normal boy who has never been in trouble and for the crime of singing a song his life and  his family's has been turned upside down.

Not sure if the song was TBB but it was deemed to be sectarian.

The case hasn't concluded and his lawyer is fighting the charge but a jail term hasn't been ruled out

Just now, Real Ranger said:

Harsh is a huge understatement, a normal boy who has never been in trouble and for the crime of singing a song his life and  his family's has been turned upside down.

Not sure if the song was TBB but it was deemed to be sectarian.

The case hasn't concluded and his lawyer is fighting the charge but a jail term hasn't been ruled out

So perhaps not TBB ? Do you know the actual? Charge? 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I'm exactly like my internet persona - it's just when one reads words one reads them with ones own inflections and face to face you get my whole meaning - online it's more difficult . 

Having met you, I have to disagree, you are much less likely to interject into a conversation than into a thread. We have always steered clear of this sort of subject to, whereas, you are more confromtational on here (I am too I guess). 

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

As in golden showers ? That's what your writing is like! 

Yes I can see the connection to that, very clever?! But we'll stoop to your level so for the want of a better word your 'writing' is more well . . . like a handwringing shade of . . .:sherlock:

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So perhaps not TBB ? Do you know the actual? Charge? 

I have spoke to him and his mother, but I didn't ask what song it was but it did contain the word 'fenian' so there is a possibility that it was the TBB, though for me it doesn't matter what the song was., even if ultimately he walks free it's still outrageous what him and his family have went through over a song.

We were playing lower league opposition and the song wasn't directed at anyone in the stadium.

Seems that, and I am coming to the party late, that all we know is two men were arrested for sectarian singing the rest is media speculation linking the arrests to TBB.

Thought I'd have a quick look at the Killie forum to see what was being said, reasonable arguments except for a large number os new posters who have 'facts' about case and who all share a common viewpoint, coincidentally.

Would appear that like the Ferguson, Missouri case we have people arriving at conclusions with zero facts, but plenty of innuendo and unfounded media speculation.  We know how that worked out.

BT are having a laugh, their sound people easily allow commentary to be heard whilst muting the background noises, this is 2016 FFS, not the days of Arthur Montford.

If I were the two guys and it transpires they were charged with singing TBB, I'd admit singing the song, admit I knew fenian blood was offensive and that I had substituted other words, enough to cast reasonable doubt?

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Serious question right. NPOR is a fantasy song if you wish, a song based on a dream, a fantasy .No intent behind it just a song.

What REALLY is wrong with it?

Nothing as far as I'm concerned - like I said earlier I sang these songs in the 80's loud and proud but it's different now. I don't think our club would defend it lets put it that way. 

Many on here argue that our heritage is under attack, and I agree, but the best way to defend our culture and heritage (just my opinion) is not to sing 'anti songs' but 'pro songs' like GSTQ, rule Britannia, the cry was no surrender and one id love to hear sung round ibrox, tho' it's not really a football one is 'Billy McFadzean' - I love that song and it's untouchable from the pc and easily offended brigade ?

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

Having met you, I have to disagree, you are much less likely to interject into a conversation than into a thread. We have always steered clear of this sort of subject to, whereas, you are more confromtational on here (I am too I guess). 

I suspect everything is seen more black and white on here - for every one- and thst was the point I was trying to make - I wrote with a 'tone' in my head - and you read with the tone which may or may not reflect mines - it's also easier to take absolute positions on here that are, probably, rarely reflected in real life. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I suspect everything is seen more black and white on here - for every one- and thst was the point I was trying to make - I wrote with a 'tone' in my head - and you read with the tone which may or may not reflect mines - it's also easier to take absolute positions on here that are, probably, rarely reflected in real life. 

The big problem with social media in a nutshell ?

This will be down to fucking scum taigs looking for something Rangers to get offended about.  Don't think the Killie fans would be bothered about it, they would be to excited over getting a draw playing us.

The jist of all this is most people are now just greetin faced,faux offended twats these days,whiny cocksuckers like gorillabrain,mcfailly with his super sensitive hearing,hag,uncle Tom etc whipping up a frenzy of mock outrage,society in general looks to be offended,some it seems get off on the drama of being so upset by a word,if anyone calls me something I'm not going to cry,I'm not going to spontaneously combust,it's a word,a sound not a dagger to my oh so sensitive and fragile heart.

16 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

I have spoke to him and his mother, but I didn't ask what song it was but it did contain the word 'fenian' so there is a possibility that it was the TBB, though for me it doesn't matter what the song was., even if ultimately he walks free it's still outrageous what him and his family have went through over a song.

We were playing lower league opposition and the song wasn't directed at anyone in the stadium.

I really do get what you mean about a boys life being damaged over a song, but laws were passed, and songs were outlawed. The only way to help this boy is for a new liaison committee to take the song to court and challenge it, change it if need be and legalise it officially. Focus wrote a report and said the song had never been challenged.