Rangers sharing your details?

Miller time

Just wondering if anyone knows how to stop this?

For nearly three weeks I was getting a call Mon-fri about joining the lotto and today I got a call from bon accord life saying they're working in partnership with Rangers. 

I think the lotto is in house but are rangers allowed to share my details with third parties? 

I tried calling the club but couldn't speak to anyone. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's being talked about in the boardroom section. Apparently you need to opt-out when signing up for anything to do with Rangers like a season ticket.

Sneaky as fuck but everyone does it. Always read the small-print I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Just wondering if anyone knows how to stop this?

For nearly three weeks I was getting a call Mon-fri about joining the lotto and today I got a call from bon accord life saying they're working in partnership with Rangers. 

I think the lotto is in house but are rangers allowed to share my details with third parties? 

I tried calling the club but couldn't speak to anyone. 

I had this call too about 3 weeks ago. Guy knew all my details too. It's either Rangers or MBNA. I have a Rangers MBNA credit card, so am willing to bet it's more likely to do with them. (tu) 

I had a Yank girl call me re Rangers Lotto, Thanks for supporting the club etc

Studio number which I never give out on anything, few months back I phoned Ibrox re Motherwell and got put through to head of security, had a blether, all good 

That's the only way they got the number, don't mind cause it's Rangers never knew that's how they scope 

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I had this call too about 3 weeks ago. Guy knew all my details too. It's either Rangers or MBNA. I have a Rangers MBNA credit card, so am willing to bet it's more likely to do with them. (tu) 

I don't have any credit cards mate just debit 

Seems like they've been sold on re not ticking the box. (Which I never noticed) 

The lotto one was the biggest pain cause it was everyday

35 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

If you tell them to stop calling and take your number of the list they have to stop.

It worked for me anyway. 

3 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Studio number which I never give out on anything, few months back I phoned Ibrox re Motherwell and got put through to head of security, had a blether, all good 

That's the only way they got the number, don't mind cause it's Rangers never knew that's how they scope 

96444-austin-powers-K-gif-Imgur-ECad.gif

Nice rack!

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's being talked about in the boardroom section. Apparently you need to opt-out when signing up for anything to do with Rangers like a season ticket.

Sneaky as fuck but everyone does it. Always read the small-print I suppose.

Getting as bad as fukking Facebook who unless you opt out are now linking you FB name to your Whatsapp phone number.  Unless info is being used for the purpose outlined in the original T&C, It may not be legal.

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Getting as bad as fukking Facebook who unless you opt out are now linking you FB name to your Whatsapp phone number.  Unless info is being used for the purpose outlined in the original T&C, It may not be legal.

and if it's true the club sold the fans details, even the ones that opted out, to Club1872 then serious questions should be asked. They won't be, though.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and if it's true the club sold the fans details, even the ones that opted out, to Club1872 then serious questions should be asked. They won't be, though.

As you say, won't be mentioned.  Glance over every set of T&C and always look for boxes to tick, FB hide their opt out box three pages in.

nice new avatar,   and location :lol:

4 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

Nice Gemma Atkinson avatar.

748_Gemma_A_1989564164_af60809edb_o.jpg

Always recognise a top rack (tu)

5 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

You could have worn a blue bra.

3 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Ah, ok. I did see others mentioning the ticketing scenario right after I posted. They must have my details from when I last bought tickets. I don't actually mind IF the club actually make money out of any purchase. My biggest fear was that it was some kind of scam, as the guy sounded like a total Del Boy on the phone. I'd never heard of Bon-Accord since the 70's & 80's days of buying ginger! :lol:

I don't know anything about the bon-accord thing, but the call centre selling the Rangers Lotto direct debits is legit, recruited by RDYC to try to drum up more business, as I keep telling everyone everytime some plonker starts a new thread about it.  

So the answer is simple:

If you don't want repeated calls from the call centre, then simply sign yourself up directly by phoning the girls in the RYDC office on 0141 427 4914 during office hours.

They'll be able to sign you up for a Rangers Lotto Subscription for as little as £1 a week.  Each £1 ticket is entered into 3 draws - the midweek draw, the weekend draw, and the monthly rollover draw (currently over £20k)  (we won £1000 on the Rangers Lotto last season btw. (tu) )

And then when the call centre calls, you'll be able to tell them that you have it already, and that will be the end of that. (tu)

14064247_1104739416277856_81954467405370

I have a pal who is pretty high up in Bon Accord. He told me about this deal a few months back and even did a test call on me. They are a genuine life insurance broker and they do have a deal with Rangers, and the club makes money of every policy sold to someone off of their mailing list. It's genuine however I can understand why people would doubt it or feel used by the club. Unfortunately this type of stuff is pretty standard in all industries now and a clear sign you should always read the small print of everything you sign or electronically agree to. Even football tickets.