A quarter of a century ago today ...

Thermopylae

15 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Big Mark sprinted from the half way line and took the ball around bonner ... and I know coz I was there :pipe:

I can confirm this happened because I was there as well, brilliant as he ran by the beggars, theives and general unclean tramps in the stand during his celebration 

20 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Big Mark sprinted from the half way line and took the ball around bonner ... and I know coz I was there :pipe:

I feel ancient when someone points out something that is from 25 Years ago but it doesn't feel that long ago to me..That was a great day..The walk back into town was delightful..The tarriers fancied their chances that day..And we gave them a lesson..:7325:

29 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I can confirm this happened because I was there as well, brilliant as he ran by the beggars, theives and general unclean tramps in the stand during his celebration 

Good he scored it right in front of the tims but to have had him running towards the Bears would just have been nirvana :pipe:

21 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I feel ancient when someone points out something that is from 25 Years ago but it doesn't feel that long ago to me..That was a great day..The walk back into town was delightful..The tarriers fancied their chances that day..And we gave them a lesson..:7325:

It feels like yesterday doesn't it :pipe:

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

Good he scored it in front of the tims but to have had him running towards the Bears would just have been nirvana :pipe:

I know what you mean but I fucking love the looks on they rodent bastards faces when we score against them, that's the only time I want to look at their acne infested puss filled coupons 

5 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I know what you mean but I fucking love the looks on they rodent bastards faces when we score against them, that's the only time I want to look at their acne infested puss filled coupons 

OF games over there were always like going back to the dark ages with the big open terracing but it was kinda fun as well since we had the team to crap all over them  :pipe:

The side we had in the early 90s was pure class. Why oh why couldn't we have put one over them cheating Marseille bastards and went on to win the inaugural Champions League. 

Every time I see a video from that era my enjoyment is always tinged with a wee bit of disappointment. Nostalgia can be a cruel bastard. 

?

36 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I wasn't there but can also confirm this happened as i just seen the video on youtube that the OP posted.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Great day it was roasting but the the bears were having a party we destroyed them that day

Remember that well. What sticks in my mind was the new 'denied a clear goal scoring chance' rule aka last man rule came into being that season. Tommy Coyne clean through on Goram at the Rangers end and Peter Huistra of all people cleaned him out. As always ,neutral ref Jim McLuskey (RIP)  saw fit for a yellow card! Sensible refereeing in those days ?

Remember that game well . I could not get a ticket for the Rangers end but managed to get a ticket for the main stand . Had to sit there trying not to look too happy . It was worth the effort to see all those around me getting more and more pisssed off . A lot of folk questioning Mark Hately's parentage 

Love the memories of those times , never feared facing them at that time as we usually won the games that mattered . For a couple of years big Mark was unplayable against them , especially at their midden . 

25 years ago but still fresh in the memory .Hope I still remember it and many more victories over them in another 25 years.