trueblue 64

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

All that time to ponder it and we've come out and said we'll have a think about it and say our thoughts later.

Take the fucking intiative ffs

Could be wrong but I think there boxing clever with this. SFA released their statement the evening before transfer deadline because the sports news the next day will be filled with transfer talks. Possibly the board is waiting for this to die down before they release the big statement. That's my hope anyway. 

why do people think this is a good statement, everyone with double digits IQ knew this would be the outcome, yet the board need time to think of their next response, fuck that we should have told the SFA where to stick their fucking cup, if we cannot withdraw we simply devalue the competition by sticking our under 17's into it

Plus, what damage did the rangers fans do, the SFA statement mentioned damage to the advertising boards, the pitch and the goals, i fail to see how we damaged the pitch given the fucking concerts they regularly hold on it, the advertising boards werent exactly getting it off us, and the goals were clearly done by the tarrier bastards, had it been the other way about you can guarantee hibs wouldnt even be mentioned in the citation

Our board have shirked it again imo, leaving it to the fans to do the real talking

It's a start, The board need to be keeping the pressure on. Good statement but we can't just let them away with this, We let it go at Motherwell, We shouldn't let what went on be forgotten our players were attacked on the field of play live on 2 national broadcasters, Can you imagine if someone had done this to the tarriers they would still be having a candlelight vigile, questions would have been asked at the Scottish Parliment, All over the news every day until something was done.

A bit of a middling statement that doesn't say too much. Hopefully they'll have something to say in due course.

Damaging electronic ad boards! What happens to these things after the event anyway? Can they be reprogrammed, of are they for the bin.

They shouldn't have had them in a football match, it's a contact sport. What did they expect?

Certainly the police didn't expect much. Maybe that's who they should trying cough up. I assume they had to pay for the useless cretins.

Am going to be very pedantic here, but the board need to be clear and specific what actually happened to our players on the pitch at Hampden after the game, "Assault" is a very loose term in Scots law.

In Scots Law, assault is defined as an "attack upon the person of another". There is no distinction made in Scotland between assault and battery (which is not a term used in Scots law), although, as in England and Wales, assault can be occasioned without a physical attack on another's person, as demonstrated in Atkinson v. HM Advocate wherein the accused was found guilty of assaulting a shop assistant by simply jumping over a counter wearing a ski mask. The court said:

[A]n assault may be constituted by threatening gestures sufficient to produce alarm

— Atkinson v. HM Advocate (1987)

Scottish law also provides for a more serious charge of aggravated assault on the basis of such factors as severity of injury, the use of a weapon, or Hamesuken (to assault a person in his own home). The mens rea for assault is simply "evil intent",[20] although this has been held to mean no more than that assault "cannot be committed accidentally or recklessly or negligently" as upheld in Lord Advocate's Reference No 2 of 1992 where it was found that a "hold-up" in a shop justified as a joke would still constitute an offence.

So an "assault" in Scots law covers everything from threatening gestures to actual physical violence. How many of our players were physically assaulted ?

(And as assault can be defined by simple threatening behaviour, this makes it more surprising to me that there were so few attempts to arrest the many, many Hibs fans who ran on to the park towards our players and fans in such an intimidatory way.) 

4 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

SFA will treat it like a fart in the wind :disappointment:

We should have taken this through the Courts system.

They won't treat it like a 'fart in the wind'! 

That's where we should have gone right after the Cup Final debacle.

Now we can say that we gave SFA a chance and they did a cover up!

Therefore Not Fit For Purpose!!

Never Forget Never Forgive.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

Decent statement from the club, but it's a  pity they weren't so self-defensive of the fans prior to finding them guilty before trial.

I was at the game and felt no need to go onto the pitch and fight with anyone. 

edit: just realised what you said there but the same almost applies. The club shouldn't have automatically black balled anyone before the actual criminal trial. 

However I said on the day and still to this day, none of our support needed to be on the pitch that day. We wouldn't have had to answer any questions of supposed guilt

37 minutes ago, terry739 said:

We should have taken this through the Courts system.

They won't treat it like a 'fart in the wind'! 

That's where we should have gone right after the Cup Final debacle.

Now we can say that we gave SFA a chance and they did a cover up!

Therefore Not Fit For Purpose!!

Never Forget Never Forgive.

You mean the court system where Rangers fans get jailed for singing and supporters of them can post vile sectarian pish,plead guilty in court,and walk??? 

Get a semi hard arse statement out and ease the fans, should give us a month for them to forget more Rangers fans have been pulled up in front of the police than anyone else. Leave it a month and it will all die down after a Ceptic game, thing will take a different turn depending on the result.

Don't want to see a statement unless it is a statement of intent, accuse the fuckers who had Duty of Care for the players and staff on the day and then I will be happy. In fact so happy I will be over exuberant and invade Hampdump in my scuddies and break goalposts and rip up pieces of turf with me and my three thousand mates.

Rangers Directors will take time to consider an appropriate and more comprehensive response to redress our grievances but for the moment the board fully endorses the incredulity and anger of all Rangers supporters.

Are the board asking fans to protest at the end of that statement? Why can't the board take the complaint directly to the door of the sports minister, players were attacked?

3 hours ago, delamonty said:

Good statement -- but just words.  Needs action (tu)

Last statement after the final was good too... but we haven;t backed up our strong words.  Until we do so.. we'll just be ignored by the SFA, the Media.. everyone

Exactly .A pacifying piece of crap

What it needed was fucking lying bullshitting bastard King in front of the cameras telling everyone in Scottish football how it is and what's going on 

Oops forgot about the building bridges crap and  How King got his power in the first place .

Nothing is going to change 

1 hour ago, Malvern said:

Get a semi hard arse statement out and ease the fans, should give us a month for them to forget more Rangers fans have been pulled up in front of the police than anyone else. Leave it a month and it will all die down after a Ceptic game, thing will take a different turn depending on the result.

Don't want to see a statement unless it is a statement of intent, accuse the fuckers who had Duty of Care for the players and staff on the day and then I will be happy. In fact so happy I will be over exuberant and invade Hampdump in my scuddies and break goalposts and rip up pieces of turf with me and my three thousand mates.

King has let us down and deep down ,so many bears think exactly the same .

I said it before ,if MW does not turn this form slump round ,King is going to feel the heat and for me it's richly deserved .

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

King has let us down and deep down ,so many bears think exactly the same .

I said it before ,if MW does not turn this form slump round ,King is going to feel the heat and for me it's richly deserved .

If MW doesn't turn this around then I expect the newly formed C1872 to be holding the board to account...

7 hours ago, cushynumber said:

It's as transparent a move as you will ever see. 6pm on deadline day? Minutes after we sign a 2nd choice centre half that didn't really want to come anyway? After having had the report for what 2 weeks? 

They must think we zip up the back.

While I agree with your post its worth remembering that while Senderos was second choice at Arsenal  a raw youth player from their reserves was deemed good enough to play for Rangers when we were a much better quality side and the spl was a higher standard of league.

I tend to accent the positives, heres a player who hasn't got a lot of milage on his knees ( Davie Weir played till he was 40 because he didn't start till 23) been deemed good enough to play for teams that include Arsenal, Everton, Valencia and ac Milan. And yet he's seen as not deemed good enough for Rangers in the spfl by some.

Its strange that people cant see the potential for this to be a right good move, and even stranger to read folk saying he isn't better than what we have, why do you think Kiernan's list of previous clubs include Yeovil and southend? of course he is.