Why the negativity?

Cam1872

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, roger9650 said:

As things stand I'll be pleased with a top four finish.  What we're seeing now is just a continuation of last season and I'm tempted to think MW isn't as good as we first thought.  As for Barton, anyone else would've been dropped after two games.   I didn't want him and still don't, in fact it's been embarrassing seeing the way some of the support have been creaming themselves about a player who was once loosely on the fringe of the international scene but who otherwise is no better than dozens of other players down south.  Maybe he thought Rangers would be an easier ride than Burnley in the EPL.

And no I'm not in a panic but blind faith isn't going to work.

:power_of_anguish:

8 minutes ago, roger9650 said:

As things stand I'll be pleased with a top four finish.  What we're seeing now is just a continuation of last season and I'm tempted to think MW isn't as good as we first thought.  As for Barton, anyone else would've been dropped after two games.   I didn't want him and still don't, in fact it's been embarrassing seeing the way some of the support have been creaming themselves about a player who was once loosely on the fringe of the international scene but who otherwise is no better than dozens of other players down south.  Maybe he thought Rangers would be an easier ride than Burnley in the EPL.

You're at it.

Pleased with a top 4 finish.

33 minutes ago, roger9650 said:

:lol:

47 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Last I checked we had forwards and midfielders in addition to defenders. Or is the defence expected to score goals for us too? 

Why has no one liked this yet? 

Congratulations to RFCRobertson for contributing fuck all to the discussion (tu) Well in, its a proud day 

54 minutes ago, roger9650 said:

Top 4 finish :lol: 

54 minutes ago, roger9650 said:

Are you at it?  Get your negativity in this thread to fuck 

21 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Nice dodge on the question King :541:

Also least I ain't saying we'll finish 4th like that other guy :lol: 

There was literally no other response necessary. Goals win you games, defences win you leagues and our defence is a joke for a team 'challenging' for the league 

1 hour ago, roger9650 said:

Look at the quality through our squad and think about what you're saying!

Also Barton will find his feet soon enough.

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

There was literally no other response necessary. Goals win you games, defences win you leagues and our defence is a joke for a team 'challenging' for the league 

It isn't a crime for the defence to concede a goal. Only 3 teams have won a game without conceding so far in the league. 

The forwards and midfield need to pull their weight as well and get goals. We've had more than enough chances to run away with games. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It isn't a crime for the defence to concede a goal. Only 3 teams have won a game without conceding so far in the league. 

The forwards and midfield need to pull their weight as well and get goals. We've had more than enough chances to run away with games. 

Tbf, three of the fours goals should've been defended better by the defence.

What's got to people is that glaring weakness at the back hasn't been addressed.  Throughout last season it was exposed time and time again. I believe people were willing to back Warburton's judgment right up till that Burnley game when we were horribly exposed throughout and people rightly started to vent their anger at our failure  (the only applicable word here) to plug that gap.

Fast forward to last week when Chris Boyd changed most people's perception of our manager's ability to deal with necessary change. The impending game against the filth is what's grinding away at us.The optimism and belief that a very very average septic team could be overtaken has been replaced with real concern and doubt.  The high tempo pressing game so evident from day one last season has been replaced by a more cautious approach, if fact it appears all that remains from last season is our defensive frailties.

These are the reasons for the negativity.  Such was the progress we made in a few short months it was inevitable guys were looking for that to continue. The reasons that progress has slowed is a contentious issue but I certainly don't entertain the notion its because there is a gulf in standards between the leagues. For what it's worth I personally believe Warburton has been sold short when it comes to financial backing. I just find it very hard to accept he hasn't felt real frustration with the lack of investment to bring in a couple of quality defenders. King and the board must shoulder the responsibility for that.

17 hours ago, Cam1872 said:

A few games into the season and I do agree with the sentiment that we arent exactly fully motoring. 

Compare that to our last 5-6 starts of an SPL season and its hardly scope for the level of pessimism shown by some of us? 

We have started worse and won the league. We have started better and lost the league but yet a growing majority seem to feel we are doomed. 

I just don't get it.  I get we have high standards that havent been met, seems a bit premature though to talk like we wont meet them.. 

Mckay getting stick 

Warburton getting stick

Waghorn can go if he wants

Senderos is hopeless

Started the season unbeaten 

Moaning about folk moaning isnt productive I know. I just cant see why folk have such a pessimistic standpoint on the season so far? 

Given the hell we've been through since being stabbed in the back by the SFA and Scottish Football, pardon me for expecting our players to come out and rip the shit out of the teams we've faced so far. Now we face the kiddy fiddlers at their dump a week on Saturday and we look barely capable of scraping a draw against them.

Hopefully they'll be feeling like the game's won as soon as set foot on the pitch and our players will produce a display worthy of the name RANGERS.

I'm not going to worry till I have seen how we perform against other teams...could be we are saving ourselves for the more capable teams and lulling opponents into false hope(boy I hope this is the case), but at same time, when you see what type of football our players are producing on the field when we know what they are capable of, it sets off all kinds of alarm bells. 

I'm hopeful though and this upcoming game against them will tell us pretty much where we are at in the grand scheme of things against other teams we will be up against. 

Nothing wrong with being passionate about our team or the expectations we have for them and they're not unreasonable thoughts neither. 

As many have suggested - part of supporting Rangers is being used to winning.. I wouldnt want to lose that and we should demand the best. 

I just felt it was too early for the doom and gloom merchants to gain so much traction. The players are putting the effort in. 

Im not exactly over the moon with the start. I am hopeful that some good work will be done during the international break and we come out looking more like it and team selection issues are addressed.