Who is to blame?

thehost

Dave King for quoting huge amounts of money without the club seeing any sight of it?

The other rangers shareholders for not ponying up?

The current execs for having no discernable commercial cash?

Paul murray and his merry band of email fans who sought regime change through methods not normally recognised?

Us, the general fanbase for pumping is 70 odd thousand season books with scarce a penny spent?

or Mark Warburton refusing to recruit a proficient team which, after on 4 games in, leaves us with the real possibility of being 7 points behind the filth before we take on our 6th domestic match of the season.

I want everyone to think back to march 15 when the board was changed, when all the promises were made, all the transparency guaranteed, all the funding talked about and what have we seen. The only transparency was jobs and gifts for the boys, the only expenditure is some canvass coverings outwith the stadia. Football wise how much have we actually spent on fees, actually spent?

The woeful scenes, of inadequacy, this close season really provide the stark reality that the club has no ability to compete in any fee based transfer market or that we have a manager who is completely out of his depth in terms of expectation of the club.

It was shameful enough, for our absentee chairman, to seek to finish second without the club deciding to carry out business, in such a fashion, that second is by no means guaranteed.

I look forward to all the abuse this post will get from the sunshine loyal, I don't look forward to referencing this post, come May, when we are over 18 point behind the filth and grabbling about, in a dogfight for 2/3/4 place.

Its simply not good enough.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There second in the league the teams proficient enough to compete for the title. League campaigns always have highs and lows and Rangers will not win every game but I'm enjoying watching the exciting attacking football, whilst results haven't been convincing, maybe I'm biased but I feel were far the better team just needing to be a bit more clinical.l, which will come  

As for the inadequacy of last season, the league was won early and there's a lot of new players. It's irrelevant. 

Mark Warburton said the money was there, he spent what he needed. I'm happy enough with that. He's a great manager who has a long term plan, the younger players he has bought in highlights that. The structure he's building  is what Rangers have been crying out for, for a long time now. 

Four years ago, some fans wanted to be self sufficient, to hell with relying on a rich man's hand outs. No security in that.

Some folks want a rich sugar daddy to tit feed us when required.

Seems we can't all get what we want.

For me? We need to have a business model where we are self sufficient, don't want to repeat the last four years. If somebody wants to top it up now and again with a few mill, then all the better. 

Had the op been or around Ibrox lately if so compare to when the easdales were there

12 new players this season 

stadium brought to a standard we all expect 

op can fuck right off he should be more worried about who's to blame for him being a complete wanker

5 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Had the op been or around Ibrox lately if so compare to when the easdales were there

12 new players this season 

stadium brought to a standard we all expect 

op can fuck right off he should be more worried about who's to blame for him being a complete wanker

Cunts probably never been there in his life. 

For me Host it's a mixture.

The board I believe have adequately supported the manager to finish second. I'd assume we will have the biggest salary except them. I say adequately loosely given our huge ST turnover.  I'd expect more.

I say the above comfortable in the knowledge that the 30 million nonsense was lies lies and more lies that his supporters and the gullible fell for.

I'd say in 4 league games MW has picked the wrong starting 11. He's also changed our formation which needed 1 CDM to having 2 which restricts our attacking play. He is said to be stubborn and appears so. If he refuses to see or change the obvious he will fail here. Time will tell. I really hope not as I still buy into his overall principles of how the game should be played.

The players also need to buck up their ideas. Where we should be struggling to name motm through multiple choice, we're counting pass marks on one hand, sometimes only one or two of our squad being decent to good. Wholly unacceptable. 

Big improvements needed all round.

As it stands, second will be a hard enough battle for us never mind the league which King has already let it be known isn't his true aspiration this season.

I'll make judgement after the first round of games as to whether I reckon we can even achieve second.

51 minutes ago, thehost said:

Dave King for quoting huge amounts of money without the club seeing any sight of it?

Paul murray and his merry band of email fans who sought regime change through methods not normally recognised?

Us, the general fanbase for pumping is 70 odd thousand season books with scarce a penny spent?

or Mark Warburton refusing to recruit a proficient team which, after on 4 games in, leaves us with the real possibility of being 7 points behind the filth before we take on our 6th domestic match of the season.

I want everyone to think back to march 15 when the board was changed, when all the promises were made, all the transparency guaranteed, all the funding talked about and what have we seen. The only transparency was jobs and gifts for the boys, the only expenditure is some canvass coverings outwith the stadia. Football wise how much have we actually spent on fees, actually spent?

The woeful scenes, of inadequacy, this close season really provide the stark reality that the club has no ability to compete in any fee based transfer market or that we have a manager who is completely out of his depth in terms of expectation of the club.

It was shameful enough, for our absentee chairman, to seek to finish second without the club deciding to carry out business, in such a fashion, that second is by no means guaranteed.

I look forward to all the abuse this post will get from the sunshine loyal, I don't look forward to referencing this post, come May, when we are over 18 point behind the filth and grabbling about, in a dogfight for 2/3/4 place.

:lol: 

Now here are the positives 

The club already was running at a loss - that has to be funded, players like Barton, Kranjar and Sederos won't be cheap to run and are being funded - the squad is light years ahead of 18 months ago.

Folk were crying out for new CBs we have brought in two.

Folk were crying out for a decent holding midfielder we have brought in two.

Folk wanted a new centre forward - we have brought in two - one for a fee.

we are not firing on all cylinders but we remain unbeaten - but the fear of a loss to 'them' has sent some fans into panic moan mode. 

Add to that the complete overhaul of the back room operation, scouting meme twirl and ace deny structure - all which need funded. 

May 18th is a long way away - you have already chucked in the towel but moan and capitulate is what you do - I look forward to this thread being reignited in May so we can review but it might not be as negative as you seem to hope. 

1 hour ago, thehost said:

Fuck off 

I'm happy at the moment, could be happier but still happy. What dont people understand when it comes to finances at rangers. The money is not there to spend big, were still building a stable financial background. If it means getting top 4 this season so we can better the finances for next season and mount the challenge for the title i'm happy with that. You need to be realistic and dont let the heart rule the head too much.