GOAT

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

He shouldnt be anywhere near the Aberdeen game , hopefully Warburton doesnt make the same mistake again.

What mistake?  Everyone was shite against Celtic does that mean no one who featured in that game should play against Aberdeen? 

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

What mistake?  Everyone was shite against Celtic does that mean no one who featured in that game should play against Aberdeen? 

He was never fit enough or good enough for that game and it showed straight away, same applies for this game. Warburton wont make the same mistake.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

He was never fit enough or good enough for that game and it showed straight away, same applies for this game. Warburton wont make the same mistake.

The whole team was shite against Celtic.  There was a number of players who were either not fit enough or good enough to be playing that day.  You just seem to be focusing specifically on Kranjcar's 45mins which is odd.  I remember Halliday being an empty jersey for 45mins that day but I'm guessing you have an excuse ready for that?

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The whole team was shite against Celtic.  There was a number of players who were either not fit enough or good enough to be playing that day.  You just seem to be focusing specifically on Kranjcar's 45mins which is odd.  I remember Halliday being an empty jersey for 45mins that day but I'm guessing you have an excuse ready for that?

Last time a looked this thread was about Kranjar , no the rest of the team. To keep you happy though i agree the rest of the team were crap. The guy was never fit enough or good enough going into that game and every cunt knew that after the fact apart from some of the wiser ones on here. Warburton probably knows it too. This is another huge game and hopefully he wont be involved.

I think it depends who you would rather have in the team... Kranjcar or Windass as essentially its one or the other. I suppose you could argue that its 2 of 3 between Kranjcar, Windass & Holt but for me on his performances since his return Holt should play. 

Windass has the pace and possibly more in the tackle but Kranjcar has the better of Josh in play making/finishing. Tough one really, for Sunday if fit i would probably go with Windass as feel he would be more of a presence up there. 

On 4 September 2016 at 6:10 PM, theweebluenose said:

If he plays then the Lego Muncher will be tasked with taking him out the game, this is where we need the likes of Barton to up his game and protect Niko by pressing/marking Brown and making sure he doesn't get away with it.

Niko and Barton shouId never play together again as both make the midfield immobile 

He's shown very small glimpses of what he's capable of, outside-of-the-boot passes and creating space for himself with tidy footwork, but overall, he's been poor.

He was sent for a hotdog against Hamilton when that ginger-headed boy scored and his Old Firm performance was atrocious. We thought we had signed this elegant, calm and composed playmaker and instead, we watched him, pishing with sweat, rushing around and diving into tackles. The best decision Warburton has made this season is sending Barton home, but that's closely followed by subbing Kranjcar at half-time at Parkhead.

Even last night, he put a few balls out of the park and even had to apologise to teammates on a couple of occasions. He made some neat passes and found teammates, too, but was often over-run when Queen of the South were on the break.

I want him to do well; he comes across as an intelligent, likeable guy and his background suggests to me that there's quality there, but a fantastic 5-0 victory at home to Queen of the South doesn't deny the fact that he hasn't made the impact that we had hoped.

Should we have expected anything different from a player who found himself playing in America's second flight at college stadiums last season?

45 minutes ago, Smile said:

Tries hard but slow as fuck and offers nothing when we lose the ball. His legs have gone.

This is pretty much it  If we're controlling a game and ahead he can be a star.

If the battle is still to be won he's a luxury.

Though last night some touches were good but he looked slower than earlier in the season if that's even possible.

Let a player slip past him at the edge of our box, wasn't even interest in picking him up but because it came to nothing and we where 4 nil up at the time know body noticed, he's a passenger when we don't have the ball and if he starts this weekend it's another 3 points dropped 

Unfortunately he isn't going to get any better.  When a player goes to the states after a 15 year career it is obvious he is stepping down and enjoying his final playing days. To then come to us and be expected to play with 100% commitment every game is not happening. He doesn't have the mindset for it anymore nevermind the lack of pace.

He's bound to feature against Aberdeen.   Warburton hasn't courted him all the way from New York just to sideline him in the bigger games.  He's supposed to be here with tons of skill. experience, know-how of big games and the game against Aberdeen firmly falls into that category.   He was acknowledged by Warburton early doors to be needing to ratchet up his fitness.  Warburton has been claiming recently that Nico has been working hard on that.  He's had his 'loading' managed so that he ratchets up game time.   He should by now be as fit and as match ready as he's ever going to be.  So I see Warburton selecting him to play against Aberdeen.   If that means adjusting the midfield around him then presumably that's what Warburton will do.  

If he doesn't play (unless he is injured of course) then surely the questions should be asked of Warburton about why all the effort to obtain this player and not then play him in big games.

24 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

He's bound to feature against Aberdeen.   Warburton hasn't courted him all the way from New York just to sideline him in the bigger games.  He's supposed to be here with tons of skill. experience, know-how of big games and the game against Aberdeen firmly falls into that category.   He was acknowledged by Warburton early doors to be needing to ratchet up his fitness.  Warburton has been claiming recently that Nico has been working hard on that.  He's had his 'loading' managed so that he ratchets up game time.   He should by now be as fit and as match ready as he's ever going to be.  So I see Warburton selecting him to play against Aberdeen.   If that means adjusting the midfield around him then presumably that's what Warburton will do.  

If he doesn't play (unless he is injured of course) then surely the questions should be asked of Warburton about why all the effort to obtain this player and not then play him in big games.

Absolutely no chance of Niko starting and I'd go as far as saying that if he does Warburton is a dead man walking.