McSalary: No regrets

Virtuoso

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

This whole subject has been done to death really and I don't see the point in good bears ripping into each other over Ally McCoist.

I loved him growing up, was desperate to see him be a good manager, he wasn't.

Now, all the other shite that swirls around it is really just not necessary. but lets just take a step back

Imagine the scenario, you are doing what you do in the work place and your boss likes what your doing. Thinks your good at your job. Your boss decides to call it a day and he says to the company that he thinks you should take on that position. Company agrees and you take the job. a few months  in and suddenly the company is taken over by a bunch of imposters fleecing it for every penny. You are left looking at all your direct reports who are looking to you for leadership and frankly you are finding yourself totally out of your depth. You were already starting to question if you were up to the task of the job anyway but now you have the burden of all the company's employees looking to you for safety and security. You man up and work your nuts off, trying to do a job while also cutting costs all across the board, trying to keep morale up as you see the company being ripped to shreds... you have never failed at anything before, damn sure your not about to start now. Your struggling but you are going to work at it, the company owners asks you to take a payout so that they can take more home for themselves, would you? I wouldn't.... 

In fact i have been in a work place situation that could be vaguely compared to this and i sure as hell didn't rush out saying i will give up my McSalary.

I understand everyones anger and they are entitled to it. McCoist stayed too long, he should have recognised his limitations sooner, but he didn't. 

Shite manager, average human, great player

Some sense in there apart from the working his nuts off.Ally did not work his nuts off ,in fact the very opposite is true.to me this is the biggest disappointment in the saga .a guy who I admired so much could have put much more into the job.

14 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Loyalty doesn't come in to it when money is involved, the staunchest of fans would think twice about turning hundreds of thousands of pounds down, as i say, it's easy to say otherwise on here.

We'll see his bullshit about Rangers being a family it can get to fuck then because would you bleed your family dry if you knew they were skint and needed every penny they could get?

Entitled to it yes he was but he left his status at the gates when he left on full pay.

Its not staunchness at all, I was brought up with this club...I love this club and by fuck I could never steal a living from it when it was on its knees. Ally did

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

We'll see his bullshit about Rangers being a family it can get to fuck then because would you bleed your family dry if you knew they were skint and needed every penny they could get?

Entitled to it yes he was but he left his status at the gates when he left on full pay.

Its not staunchness at all, I was brought up with this club...I love this club and by fuck I could never steal a living from it when it was on its knees. Ally did

He could say he also made us millions with his goals in the league and champions league, so he maybe though fuck it?

Personally i don't know what i would do in his situation.

6 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He could say he also made us millions with his goals in the league and champions league, so he maybe though fuck it?

Personally i don't know what i would do in his situation.

Hmm that's strange to me, I could never bleed my club dry

I honestly try and forget  the time he was manager, as much as i wanted him to succeed and  we all know he didn't, the longer he was there the more i was starting to hate him i'm sorry to say. 

Now i try to think of him as Ally the player only, all those goals and great memories he's gave us,how can you hate that ?

Just now, The Godfather said:

King had already taken over by that point, and was saying in the media they would be investing millions, so he possibly though the financial situation was better and he would take his wages?

I wouldn't bleed the club dry either, but if there's talk of millions being invested then i would certainly be considering taking what i was due.

18 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Some sense in there apart from the working his nuts off.Ally did not work his nuts off ,in fact the very opposite is true.to me this is the biggest disappointment in the saga .a guy who I admired so much could have put much more into the job.

I don't think we will ever know how hard he worked or not but he aged about 10 years in only 3.  He looked fucking awful when he finally resigned 

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

I couldn't give a fuck how difficult circumstances were, he nearly fucking wiped us out with his idiocy when it came to signings and wages. I could forgive him if it was just a case of being a bad manager and admitting defeat, but he was just rank at everything he done and he still isn't man enough to admit it. What pissed me off the most was when he tried to lie about his salary in the annual accounts so the fans never saw his true wages.

But uv got to see past that with all the goings on in the boardroom. How anybody can still accept him is beyond me, spare me the bullshit about him being a playing legend and record goal scorer. Skyson is bang on about him coming the cunt about his salary, all that cash when we were struggling was shocking he should never be back near ibrox imo 

6 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

King had already taken over by that point, and was saying in the media they would be investing millions, so he possibly though the financial situation was better and he would take his wages?

I wouldn't bleed the club dry either, but if there's talk of millions being invested then i would certainly be considering taking what i was due.

He knows King and knows he's a liar so he was bleeding the club dry mate 

15 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Did him, Durrant and McDowell not take a 50% wage drop for 18 months? It is my understanding Ally's salary only returned to its original figure on him handing in his notice did it not ?

3 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

Did him, Durrant and McDowell not take a 50% wage drop for 18 months? It is my understanding Ally's salary only returned to its original figure on him handing in his notice did it not ?

poor ally, 400 grand a year must have been tough to live off at that time

35 minutes ago, Amato said:

For a crazy minute there I thought I had read a post saying Lee Wallace was more of a Rangers legend than Brian Laudrup. Must have been tripping

Me too. Must have been a mass hallucination... And I don't think it's you who needs the drugs, to be honest.

44 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I don't really follow any of the boardroom stuff, but I'm guessing the 1p shares is what you mean?

And he accepted a contact which he was previously on based on the turnover of the club, whats wrong with that?

We were all fooled by the previous crooks, but i personally don't think of Ally as anywhere near as bad as them.

The shares and the contract which he negotiated with his mates (Murray and Bain), he was also happy to suck up to all the different owners and board members that came in as long as they kept him in a job 

Looking at the cold hard facts he didn't behave much differently to any other spiv 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

poor ally, 400 grand a year must have been tough to live off at that time

The point being folk are saying he was bleeding the club dry but if he reduced his salary to 400,000 instead of 750,000 over a year and a half then by my poor maths that saved the club 525,000. Can you tell me any other walk of life where that kind of gesture is seen as a negative ?

Don't get me wrong here, his stewardship as manager of our club has been absolutely shambolic at times and I firmly believe he knows that. He will have to live with that and the thing with the wages at the end I have no idea what his thinking was there either (personally I think he was caught up in all the politics and cluster fuck that was the boardroom shambles and was perhaps consumed with a false sense of victimisation) I do know despite a hell of a lot of criticism he hasn't turned on the fans.

Anyway JBJ we have been butting our heads with this for a while now so I will leave you to it, at the end of the day come Saturday afternoon should we win not one second will be wasted on arguing the toss over Ally McCoist :thumbup:

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Every time I'm sat in the living room and the fat thiefing prick comes on the telly with Kamara on that betting advert I have to turn the channel. Can't bring myself to look at him.

I thought I was the only one that done that.