Warburton

STEPPS BOY

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

Windass must be first pick. Holt is badly missed. Rossiter before Barton. 2 center halfs needed (or one absolute quality center half to play alongside Wilson). 

Kiernan and Hill, i'll be happy if i never see in a Rangers jersey again. Senderos looks a bombscare.

Wallace is on a dip, and needs to improve, as is McKay.

MOH and Forrester should've started today.

Wes, its hard to see if hes shite, or just massively exposed by the non existant defence.

Holt is not the answer to our midfield problems, he dissapears during big games and no doubt would have done the same here.

Mark Warburton, said in the run up to this game, that he was bemused by the reaction up here and quoted down south as saying good start from rangers unbeaten in the league. That one passage of comment told everyone that he has no idea of our levels of expectation.

By the time the net old firm match comes round I'm doubtful we will be in the top three unless we suddenly stumble on a new central defence!

Time for him and the board to have a good look at themselves.

2 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

Holt is not the answer to our midfield problems, he dissapears during big games and no doubt would have done the same here.

Holt gets better the longer he's out.  Forrester has been our best player since the start of the season yet most on here just dismiss him. 

3 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

I disagree. I think alot of Holts work is done off the ball. Making runs. Today would have suited the wee man.

I hope we don't go down the route of changing manager every 4/5 month after bad defeats but I didn't recognise the first half as anywhere near how M W has told us he wants us to play. As some others have said perhaps he has been too quick to give the new additions game time too soon, Halliday played in Bartons position in the S C and excelled Barton was a poor replacement as was Niko starting today. I understand signing players with better experience and quality but today all they had was experience not a lot of quality TBH

Not ready for the P45 just yet but this really does up the pressure on him, we can't afford to fall behind them in the double figures. No wriggle room left

My message would be trust in your system by utilising the players with pace, hunger and desire. Was very impressed with Windass ( the only good point today )

To rather than damage limitation he said he went for it. Well in for making the decision and although we never got the result he was let down. 

Time to get behind the team and the manager.

Niko can't start after that performance but I think the gaffer will get it right. 

A Ranagers manager has to come out and say that the performance and result is completely unacceptable. There are times in life you have to admit you fucked up and things weren't good enough rather than trying to take positives from it. If you want to take positives then do so behind closed doors.

I actually cringed when Warburton said about Lustig being sent off......fuck that shite, Senderos was a muppet for getting sent off and we don't make excuses for our own inept performances.

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

He needs to start being realistic and stop all these naive excuses.

Our defense is shite and he bought it and continues to stick by it.

Yip. We should not have been starting this season with the exact same defence that struggled very badly at times last season. Everyone saw it. We are playing catch up already because of it ffs.

The press will have a go for him after that and rightly so. You can't praise your team for playing well for two 10 minute phases in an old firm match and not expect pelters for it. Celtic weren't even particularly good today we were just too easy to beat. We haven't kicked a ball since the semi final last season and he gets paid the big bucks to fix this. 

23 minutes ago, thehost said:

Mark Warburton, said in the run up to this game, that he was bemused by the reaction up here and quoted down south as saying good start from rangers unbeaten in the league. That one passage of comment told everyone that he has no idea of our levels of expectation.

By the time the net old firm match comes round I'm doubtful we will be in the top three unless we suddenly stumble on a new central defence!

Time for him and the board to have a good look at themselves.

Yeah like most managers going to the piggery for the first time,they haven't a clue what there in for them swarming all over you,no time on the ball,thinking you can play a passing game,you would think weir would have told him,we would need to change our tactics for this one game,but o it's the same old shite there,them attacking for90 per cent of the game,and us creating one chance if your lucky,how the hell did we actually score?

43 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

"Cheap goal" is a quote i am fucking sick of hearing. Especially when it is in relation to a set-piece. He's either putting on a front for the media or is fucking deluded

That lustig comment is fucking ridiculous,it was never a second booking,,trying to deflect things,stop talking your usual shite warburton

I have watched Warburton closely in the short time he has been with us and i really enjoyed the way he brought structure and organisation to our club, not just the team mind, but the whole club. However I have never liked his "do plan A better" schtick....

I read Alex Fergusons book 'leading" which is Fergies attempt to apply his football management techniques to the business world. It was while reading that book that I realised, you can bring some football management to the business environment but it is too wide a skill set for most of it to apply to business. Much of what Fergie talks about just isn't relevant to business; changing strategy every week depending on your opponent, change personnel to counter the other teams strengths and weaknesses, getting inside the oppositions head. Knowing how to get the best out of certain individuals and accommodating them in your team, etc. None of that really works in company organisational behaviour. So flipping the situation and thinking about a business manager trying to manage a football team and you see where it starts to fall apart.

This is what i believe is happening with Warburton.

He is determined that he will bring the business ethos to football and in my opinion it is just not going to be successful. He insists on calling it the place of work (and it is) he insists that they stick to one strategy, he steadfastly maintains that it is all about the squad and every player is trained to play their position so that he has confidence in no matter who he plays because they follow their job description and know their roles and responsibilities. He repeats over and over again, "with respect, its not about what they do its about what we do"

The on field football is NOT business, it requires a different skill set, it requires tactical nous and adaptability, it requires football intelligence.. If it didn't you me and anyone else would be football managers... you need to know what the opposition are doing and you need to adapt to what they do, change things to take advantage of what they are doing, otherwise you are just one dimensional and teams will adapt to what you do and destroy you.

I have said several times that i believe Warburton will learn this.... those hopes are fading

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

load of pish lads. If Kiernan can't do fuckin basics how is that Warburton's fault what we are are talking about can't be coached. Picking up men winning headers etc

he had a clown next to him that let everyone down today

spending money would solve the problem. Mr king is trying to do it on the cheap

He signed them & continues to play them, and seems unwilling or unable to coach out their deficiencies.