Naivety of the highest order

eejay the dj

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Despite my rantings I would rather he stayed, but he does need to change his own mind set and given adequate funds to mount a serious challenge.

On your theory, that central defender again who supposedly failed a medical then it was announced for family reasons that Glasgow was too far and low and behold he signs for a club in that city in England named Athens!

You may well be right. King and mini may well try and pull the wool over the eyes of the gullible, but that one was a belter. Funnily enough the king rimmers went all silent on it. Can't think why!

It was strange but at the same time neither him or his representatives denied there was a problem with his knee.

We've signed enough crocks in our time. We have also made mistakes and over exaggerated medical results. Either way if MW wanted him he should have made sure we signed him (unless the medical evidence was in fact overwhelming that he was not worth taking a chance on). 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree we should have shut up shop at 3-1, also why Kranjer started is a mystery.

Get him in for extra training as he is not fit enough yet and that's a disgrace, he is some player but he needs to be fit so show that ability on the park.

But the manager and team will learn and wait till we get them at Ibrox as I fancy our chances if we can sort out the centre backs 

Brendan Rodgers caused no end of problems with Liverpool on and off the park with his egotistical method, he even belittled a Liverpool hero and made Dalglish look an idiot by clearing out all his (good)players and bringing in pure shit players that Klopp has had to deal with for over a year now and has just got to grips with the problem. On Saturday the Rangers defence and midfield set up by Warburton handed them three goals on a silver platter, candy from a child, Rodgers is a prick and so is Warburton, if he is not happy with the board he should have walked, because if he is that good he would walk into any good job.

There is obvious problems at Rangers and it is making that prick Rodgers look good and if the remedy is getting rid of Warburton then so be it.

MW is not daft. I think he signed that contract extension on the premises he would be giving the required resources to compete. That's what keeps me optimistic (although if I'm being honest it's not much) that there is the promise of greater spending to come.  

28 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

MW is not daft. I think he signed that contract extension on the premises he would be giving the required resources to compete. That's what keeps me optimistic (although if I'm being honest it's not much) that there is the promise of greater spending to come.  

To come is too late. It was needed in the summer. The first warning was the scum paying out 5 mil for BR. The second and final warning was when the scum qualified for the CL as that gave them a 30 mil windfall. If we couldn't do it after that, we never will. It had to be spent for this season to challenge them as the financial gap was immediately increased by 30 mil and we needed more funds to prevent them from getting the CL spot next year as the financial gap only widens.

The alarm bells should also have rang out loud when we failed to sign Lescott. We are fed the line, family reasons,  Glasgow too far and he ends up signing for AEK Athens!

MW has now witnessed first hand that gap on the field.

LBH, there is no money, but I do believe he was promised more.

45 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He's not daft yet that same defence has been getting torn apart week after week, what part of that's not daft. He should never have got the extension till he proved himself in the Spl.

There will be no money from this board of chancers.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's not daft yet that same defence has been getting torn apart week after week, what part of that's not daft. He should never have got the extension till he proved himself in the Spl.

There will be no money from this board of chancers.

Yup.

Pretty sure the man isn't daft, think he might be out of his depth tho. He has already had three transfer windows to operate in and shape the squad. 

Surely he knew it wasn't about building a team to win promotion, that was job 2. Job 1 was building a team to compete when promoted. 

I think MW and SDOW have blundered on a monumental scale in their signing policy.

To spend a reported 1.8 million on Garner when we have 500k MOH warming the bench every week isn't very bright especially when the money would be better used getting a decent centre half in earlier.

I don't know what he was thinking on Saturday. Is he out of his depth, I hope not but certainly seems like it.

And enough to of this pish - we will learn from our mistakes and get better. Same pish he comes out with every defeat

I seen our line-up on Twitter as I was taking a piss on the side of the M74, having jumped off the bus, and my instant thought, even half-cut, was that Halliday and Forrester should have started; Waghorn, if fit enough, should have joined them. I had concerns over Warburton's team selection as soon as I seen it.

Halliday had to start, in my opinion. We needed another calm and composed semi-final performance from him, we needed someone in the middle of the park who knew what was required to win the midfield battle in an Old Firm game. Instead, we had Barton; mis-judging the amount of time he had on the ball, mis-placing passes and losing ariel battles with Scott Brown. Plus, Kranjcar. The man who, as far as I could tell, doesn't understand the consequences of a second yellow card.

Throwing Senderos in for an Old Firm debut was a huge risk that back-fired, big time. It pained me to read that "the Rangers defender was sent for a hot dog by the Celtic striker" in one article yesterday morning, the journalist referring to Senderos' attempt to defend Dembele's second. I was speechless for his handball. This game means far, far too much to us for a well-known footballing donkey to be pissing about, handling the ball intentionally.

Just before Senderos' sending-off, Warburton's decision to go with three at the back might have worked on FIFA 17, but turned-out to be a monumental fuck-up which assisted in turning a bearable 3-1 defeat into a humiliating, embarassing 5-1 gubbing.

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

EDIT I almost forgot about our inability to defend corners.

I don't really know how to assess this; should we enter games, assuming that we're going to concede at a corner? I feel like that's what it's come to.

In the semi-final, they had about five corners in-a-row at the start of the second half and I said to the guy standing next to me, "they're going to score one of these" and they did. In the final, Hibs scored two late on to win the fucking Cup. On Saturday, Dembele probably didn't need to jump.

Tactically, it's amateur. Does Warburton and Weir cover corner duties with the squad at Auchenhowie? I've never seen a Rangers team, actually I've never seen any team, as badly organised at corners as us.

Halliday and Forrester especially should have been playing from the start, couldn't believe it when I seen the team before the game. I don't see how Kranjcar isn't fit enough to start against Kilmarnock and Dundee yet he can be chucked in from the start against them away from home.

As for the centre back pairing, yes they were awful but on the day he didn't have much choice. It was 2 from Kiernan, Senderos and Hill and I thihk the majority would have left Hill on the bench after Kilmarnock.

At 3-1 down, being torn apart the last thing we should have done was went to 3 at the back.

Even so, when we did go 3 at the back and Senderos went off the full backs should not be on the edge of Celtic's box no matter what the score is. The sheer naivety throughout the whole team is unbelievable, the players need to realise that when losing 3-1 and down to 10 men we were never getting back into that game. Their 4th Tav was on the edge of their box when we lost it and it left Barton and Wallace at the back with 4 attackers running towards them.

I'm sure MW can see what is not working and what is going wrong.   I'm sure he appreciates (to a degree but not wholly) how important OF games are to the Support and (more so) how important getting to 55 quickly is to the Support.   I'm sure he is a well respected football manager.   I'm sure he will enjoy a good career as a football manager (but at this rate not necessarily at Rangers).   I'm sure he is sincere enough about saying the team prepared well, trained well, discussed what was required, is learning.    But then that's part of the problem with MW.

Endlessly saying the team is learning.  But they are not.  Endlessly saying they are preparing well and training well.  But it doesn't translate into match winning performances (look at the results since the start of April never mind the results this season so far).   Endlessly talking in management sound-bite speak and analysis of game stats......but nowhere near enough proof of the football pudding in terms of games won and points on the board.  

He is (imo) increasingly coming over as a blackboard manager.   The analysis is there.  The theory is there.  The idea is there.   The methods of coaching are there (he has the bits of paper qualification to prove it).    He has obtained a degree of success ie winning the Championship last season in a league in which - with our resources - there was justifiable expectation that it should have been won (that said the previous trio of McCoist, McD and McCall could not do it in the previous season). 

A blackboard manager.   A classroom manager.   Is that the level of his potential?  If so then he will not do for Rangers in anything other than in the very short term where we are still in a transitional position with insufficient financial investment to materially improve the quality of player available to us.     Put a slightly different way, would the squad get out of the trenches and fight under his leadership?   Good management skills do not necessarily make a person a good leader - that's why they are great in a classroom or as analysts but its a different matter asking them to lead the troops out of the trenches to get to grips with the opposition face to face.   Very different. 

I currently question whether he can stamp enough authority on the players to actually get to a way of playing and of performances that produce sustained runs of victories - good enough for at least 2nd place this season or good enough to win a European slot.    Why question this?   Well yet again we are treated to analysis that "we didn't show our qualities" and that we will learn.    There is only so much talking that can be done about analysing and learning.   Unless quickly translated into evidence of improvement by way of wins then its all just classroom talk.   

Consider this.  MW may be more suited to a Director of Football role than to a role of a manager who commands authority and who has enough in his character to motivate a squad to deliver.   Right now, in my view the person who needs to do the most learning most quickly with immediate demonstrable achievement at Ibrox is MW himself. 

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 3:47 AM, SasaPapacLoyal said:

Got to disagree. I would rather push for goals at 3-1 down than shut up shop and accept defeat.I hope I never see the day where we settle for a 2 goal loss to those cunts

Warburton can't plan for senderos being a fuckwit

You're 100% wrong in your last comment. That Warburton thought a player with no competitive game for months could come in at girodome and perform for 90 min was naive, and he basically flung Senderos to the lions. By the time Senderos imploded he'd have been blowing out of his arse and both mentally and physically shattered. How many times has Warburton held a guy back through lack of match fitness (Waghorn eg) only to then throw the dice with senderos while he had Hill fit and ready. Fact is he couldn't trust Hill and took a gamble which unfortunately backfired on everyone. 

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Coplandrear25 said:

I'm reading here that we should have'shut up shop' Please explain how we were supposed to do that with a defence like ours.

We chased the game naively, if we'd just put everyone behind the ball and ran our legs off the tims would have saved their legs for barca safe in the knowledge the game was won.Also must be noted that practically everything the tims got out the game stemmed from our mistakes while trying to chase the game.

33 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I'm sure MW can see what is not working and what is going wrong.   I'm sure he appreciates (to a degree but not wholly) how important OF games are to the Support and (more so) how important getting to 55 quickly is to the Support.   I'm sure he is a well respected football manager.   I'm sure he will enjoy a good career as a football manager (but at this rate not necessarily at Rangers).   I'm sure he is sincere enough about saying the team prepared well, trained well, discussed what was required, is learning.    But then that's part of the problem with MW.

Endlessly saying the team is learning.  But they are not.  Endlessly saying they are preparing well and training well.  But it doesn't translate into match winning performances (look at the results since the start of April never mind the results this season so far).   Endlessly talking in management sound-bite speak and analysis of game stats......but nowhere near enough proof of the football pudding in terms of games won and points on the board.  

He is (imo) increasingly coming over as a blackboard manager.   The analysis is there.  The theory is there.  The idea is there.   The methods of coaching are there (he has the bits of paper qualification to prove it).    He has obtained a degree of success ie winning the Championship last season in a league in which - with our resources - there was justifiable expectation that it should have been won (that said the previous trio of McCoist, McD and McCall could not do it in the previous season). 

A blackboard manager.   A classroom manager.   Is that the level of his potential?  If so then he will not do for Rangers in anything other than in the very short term where we are still in a transitional position with insufficient financial investment to materially improve the quality of player available to us.     Put a slightly different way, would the squad get out of the trenches and fight under his leadership?   Good management skills do not necessarily make a person a good leader - that's why they are great in a classroom or as analysts but its a different matter asking them to lead the troops out of the trenches to get to grips with the opposition face to face.   Very different. 

I currently question whether he can stamp enough authority on the players to actually get to a way of playing and of performances that produce sustained runs of victories - good enough for at least 2nd place this season or good enough to win a European slot.    Why question this?   Well yet again we are treated to analysis that "we didn't show our qualities" and that we will learn.    There is only so much talking that can be done about analysing and learning.   Unless quickly translated into evidence of improvement by way of wins then its all just classroom talk.   

Consider this.  MW may be more suited to a Director of Football role than to a role of a manager who commands authority and who has enough in his character to motivate a squad to deliver.   Right now, in my view the person who needs to do the most learning most quickly with immediate demonstrable achievement at Ibrox is MW himself. 

Now we are getting to the crux of the matter.

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

We chased the game naively, if we'd just put everyone behind the ball and ran our legs off the tims would have saved their legs for barca safe in the knowledge the game was won.Also must be noted that practically everything the tims got out the game stemmed from our mistakes while trying to chase the game.

Perhaps in the Walter Smith days but not with this team I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

You're 100% wrong in your last comment. That Warburton thought a player with no competitive game for months could come in at girodome and perform for 90 min was naive, and he basically flung Senderos to the lions. By the time Senderos imploded he'd have been blowing out of his arse and both mentally and physically shattered. How many times has Warburton held a guy back through lack of match fitness (Waghorn eg) only to then throw the dice with senderos while he had Hill fit and ready. Fact is he couldn't trust Hill and took a gamble which unfortunately backfired on everyone. 

The being a fuckwit comment refers to his absolutely ridiculous sending off that left us with 0 centre backs on the park. Warburton couldn't have planned for that. 

Before his implosion I don't think senderos looked any worse than Barton or a host of other players  

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

:power_of_anguish:

Hoping the taigs take it easy and rest their legs so we can preserve a 2 goal loss is sickening 

Before Senderos handled the ball and before Warburton threw him in at the deep end, you've got to ask why Warburton signed him in the first place.

We have Davie Weir, a veteran of the game and defending in particular, as part of our coaching staff, but I could understand Warburton's requirement for an experienced head on the playing staff, so welcomed Hill's arrival. Senderos' arrival was a head fuck, though. A completely and utterly uninspiring signing of a player celebrated for calamities and fuck-ups. It's as if Warburton realised that Hill is shite, so scrambled for a replacement in the same mould.

It's embarassing.