It has got to be time

1NachoNovo

At this point in time giving MW more money wouldn't do us any good, it would only get spent on overpriced players from the English leagues or more "experienced" players on their last hurrah. Our youth setup is a million miles away from being able to drip feed talent into the first team. My priority would be setting up a decent scouting network in places like Scandinavia, the Baltics, etc. There is quality to be had out there at decent prices in the next window and then bed them in for having a good go at the title next season. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

We have not learned a thing for ages and I bet we have learned fuck all from today. In fact, I'll make an early prediction. Ross County 3 - Us 1.

Jesus mate, I know it's a sore one to take but I think you'd be better logging off for the night. You've gone into meltdown here.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

At this point in time giving MW more money wouldn't do us any good, it would only get spent on overpriced players from the English leagues or more "experienced" players on their last hurrah. Our youth setup is a million miles away from being able to drip feed talent into the first team. My priority would be setting up a decent scouting network in places like Scandinavia, the Baltics, etc. There is quality to be had out there at decent prices in the next window and then bed them in for having a good go at the title next season. 

Basically, you have just said MW shouldn't be trusted with money and I agree. He would spend it in the wrong places. This season is a write off already and we should be making new plans accordingly for next season. The biggest changes that should be made is a new manager and get king to fuck. 

If warburtons backed financially, he'll succeed. 

What today showed is half our team arent good enough.

The strange thing is, i still think theres a good team in there if we build a strong defence. Today was backs against the wall, and our defence crumbled.

23 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Fair enough mate. I don't disagree with that.

The rest of your post though, I do. If some lying charlatan didn't make false promises and showed the dosh, then we could be very comfortable in this league. Instead, we have a shower of shite  which King hopes will do the job so he makes his money. The wrong people are still in charge of The Rangers!!!!!!!

To be fair its been a few years since playing at this level. Fans are going to have to be more patient. The club is still recovering in many ways. 

Just now, gersandy said:

The strange thing is, i still think theres a good team in there if we build a strong defence. Today was backs against the wall, and our defence crumbled.

Would you give Warburton money to buy defenders ?

Just now, gersandy said:

Wee Baz got bullied off the ball every time he got it, that I seen. It's not just the defence. We are shite all over and that is what riles me the most. The ability is there, but they can't be arsed showing it. That has got to be down to bad management imo.  Why the fuck has it got so shite? Something in the background isn't working and it's showing on game days

Just now, 1NachoNovo said:

Wee Baz got bullied off the ball every time he got it, that I seen. It's not just the defence. We are shite all over and that is what riles me the most. The ability is there, but they can't be arsed showing it. That has got to be down to bad management imo.  Why the fuck has it got so shite? Something in the background isn't working and it's showing on game days

You could be right.

34 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ach we wanted centre halves - we got 2 - we wanted a holding midfielder we got 2 - we wanted new forwards we got 2 - we need to stop panicking and be a bit patient to see how this all works out - the sign of a good manager is how they deal with adversity - well now we will find out if he is good. 

We've seen how it works out,couldn't beat a shite Hamilton side,scraped past Dundee and Motherwell

got hammered by a team missing their top scorer, warburton has a history of clueless defending ask

the Brentford fans,we have 1 fit defender, hill( a joke of a signing)  for Ross county, a defender goes off injured to

day and he puts on a midfielder, he's fkn clueless ,being saying this for months

4 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

To be fair its been a few years since playing at this level. Fans are going to have to be more patient. The club is still recovering in many ways. 

Sorry, but bollox! We have proved we can easily beat premier league teams, inbreds included. The MASSIVE dip in form and getting pumped the way we did just shows, imo, that our overall attitude is wrong and the manager is responsible for that.

Change has got to be at least tried, or MW isn't taking us seriously and just treating us like a play thing. The current bullshit is simply not good enough.

1 hour ago, Gooseman said:

Today was always going to be the acid test for us,  with 11 men on the park we could have brought it back to 3 - 2,  the result is not a true reflection on the game in my opinion.  The sending off was very significant in the final score. 

We have learned a lot today mainly who is and isn't good enough.  We know that our defence is poor,  we know that the midfield we started with hinders out style of play and we know that they are just as vulnerable at the back to cross balls and direct play as we are.  So what do we do now?  Forrester haliday and rossiter have to start next week,  hanlon and Kiernan are far better that senderos and hill.  Garner looks good and windas has proved that Warburton can pick a player.  Today,  although painful,  was always going to be a baseline test for me. 

Let's throw in a fully fit holt and waghorn and were a different threat altogether. 

Not good at all today but defo no knee jerk reactions needed.

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

Let's throw in a fully fit holt and waghorn and were a different threat altogether. 

Not good at all today but defo no knee jerk reactions needed.

Even with what we had to pick from, we still picked the wrong team. We have a manager that picks names over performance.

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I agree more funds need to be found but I don't agree with getting rid of MW at all. However he has to get his act together and quickly because he set us up to fail today with that team selection.

I like MW, but the possession play wheels have firmly fell off the wagon. I noticed it starting at the end of last season. For me the players neither have the quality or mentality to play it. It is by no coincidence that the teams that can play it well are the likes of the top teams in England/Europe. Even the scum had good possession play today, but they also varied it. TBH we were just no match for them.

He also has the blind spot for his favourites no matter how bad they have performed previously. He lacks the ability to change games and whilst he could never have changed todays, his subs were atrocious, but the most damming is the failure to recognise a decent central defender. He obviously thinks Keirnan is his best and he maybe but he is one of four who are dross and IMO the worst four in the league and that's down to him.

I said it previously, I firmly believe he is working his ticket, for I feel there is the problem between him and king on both his wages and the money available for players, in spite of what he says publicly.

Even if he does stay, he will need serious investment and if he thinks for one minute he doesn't, then he would indeed be better just going now, or we will be in a position that it will take us years to recover from.

King is the number one culprit in all of this, as only serious investment will give us a chance in overtaking the scum and if anyone thinks otherwise they are fooling themselves, so it won't be happening anytime soon.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Nothings changing in that defence if you can call it that, they are all on contracts , we are stuck with them . He even extended the worst ones contract.

Even Brentfod fans said Warburton was fuckin clueless when it came to defending. I think this job was and is way over his head. Weirs record is no better.

I've tried my best to cut Kiernan some slack in the past. But after today's performance, you can't defend the indefensible. I forgot all about that contract extension for Kiernan too. Fucking hell.

Just now, Gooseman said:

I would argue that he was opting for experienced heads rather than names.  

I would go along with that if the experienced heads had shown anything before the game, but they have shown nothing. Niko scored a belter against Linfield and played a good pass or 2, but other than that, Johnny Vegas could out run him. Barton is worse than Nicky Law. At least Law didn't nearly fall over the ball every time he got it and could score a nice goal or 2. The only shot Barton has had was nearly an OG today. It's almost fucking laughable. We are a complete shambles and I would love to know how we keep accepting it.

When everyone's calmed down and being rational we can't blame the manager . He's clearly no money to spend and can afford free transfers and big wages because of the gates ,tv etc this year . Kings no investing anything . If we want to blame anyone it's him . I'll take 2nd this year ,I would have at the start of the season . Real challenge next year is realistic 

1 minute ago, momosupermo said:

When everyone's calmed down and being rational we can't blame the manager . He's clearly no money to spend and can afford free transfers and big wages because of the gates ,to etc this year . Kings no investing anything . If we want to blame anyone it's him . I'll take 2nd this year ,I would have at the start of the season . Real challenge next year is realistic 

2nd? I'll do back flips if we finish top 6. We really are that bad. I know we have what it takes to finish 2nd, but it looks like we couldn't give a fuck. I don't need to calm down, the players need to be told to stop calming down. An old guy on a mobility scooter could have done a better job in midfield today. No pride or passion was shown today and that is just fucking not acceptable in a Rangers jersey. Tne fakery has to stop NOW!

4 hours ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Sorry mate, but MW has had all the time he's been here to at the very least, make even a slight improvement defensively and if anything, it's fucking worse. What kind of manager brings in worse defenders than what he started with?

should davie weir not be held to account for the defence. rather than the manager ????

3 minutes ago, cd true bluenose said:

should davie weir not be held to account for the defence. rather than the manager ????

I thought SDW would have had a big part to play in our defensive set up, but it looks more likely that he's been having a nice cuppa with the tea lady. Haven't seen any proof that he's been doing anything else.