Jason Holt

Sav_RFC

Anyone else think we are missing the energy and quality of wee Holt? Feels as though the team have slowed right down with him being out.

Also im by no means Andy Halliday's biggest fan but I would have started him ahead of kranjcar yesterday.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

An on form fit Jason Holt should be a certain starter,i have said that loads on here, he gives us box to box energy chip in with valuable assists and goals, I think he is now close to fitness.

Couldn't come at a better time for us if he is mate, midfield needs a shake as much as the defence IMO. Way too slow.

He was part of a high energy, pressing, high tempo midfield last year so yes we miss that energy. I actually feel we may have made a huge mistake signing Barton and Kranjcar (especially if the boss won't drop them).

if we had played a midfield 3 of rossiter, windass and holt and pressed the fuck out of them yesterday (also needed more pressing from the forward 3 too) then things wouldn't have been as bad.

I hope he gets his chance and I hope he can find his form from last year before his injury.

2 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

He will cup games. Warburton has chosen his team and is sticking to it.

If you are right about him sticking to it then he's going to have to find his hat and get them playing or he'll be offski. It was the same stubbornness to change tactics or personnel that pissed me off so much with McCoist. It's like being on auto pilot and failing to do anything different when you see an engines on fire.

He's a decent wee player but the longer he is out the more he becomes Xavi and Iniesta rolled into one.

Holt is not the answer to our problems. He will give us more energy in midfield but he's not going to stop the defence being shite or make us score more goals.

4 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

He's a decent wee player but the longer he is out the more he becomes Xavi and Iniesta rolled into one.

Holt is not the answer to our problems. He will give us more energy in midfield but he's not going to stop the defence being shite or make us score more goals.

The top comments shite nobody has ever compared him to these guys, correct he wont stop the defence being shite but he will certainly contribute in assists and chipping in with a few goals.

24 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He was part of a high energy, pressing, high tempo midfield last year so yes we miss that energy. I actually feel we may have made a huge mistake signing Barton and Kranjcar (especially if the boss won't drop them).

if we had played a midfield 3 of rossiter, windass and holt and pressed the fuck out of them yesterday (also needed more pressing from the forward 3 too) then things wouldn't have been as bad.

I hope he gets his chance and I hope he can find his form from last year before his injury.

I think you will find the wheels have came right off that high tempo wagon long ago and Holt was part of it. Yes he has attributes, but still as weak as piss compared to what is needed

10 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Needs to start ahead of Niko, wonder how many of these players came to Scotland thinking it was going to be a stroll in the park? Barton comes to mind.

I would think regardless of what they say most get caught out, theres plenty cut it Laudrup, Cannigia most of the Dutch, Albertz etc but the two now at Ibrox add to Rothen, Boli, Capucho,Bernard, Guivarch and loads more looked like fish out of water

Just now, Smile said:

One player not going to save this team we are poorer all over the park the lack of investment and bad buys are more evident now, as is the Clueless Manager.

There's a way back for the manager - he needs to inject pace, energy, enthusiasm back into the squad. Holt can do that. 

We not poorer over the park the last season in terms of players we now have, we either need to change our system and formation or change the personel. 

We have better players than Sheils, law and clark now. 

5 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

There's a way back for the manager - he needs to inject pace, energy, enthusiasm back into the squad. Holt can do that. 

We not poorer over the park the last season in terms of players we now have, we either need to change our system and formation or change the personel. 

We have better players than Sheils, law and clark now. 

I don't think he knows what to do i said at the start of the season he has nullified his own system and beat himself, i cant see these better players we have now maybe when they were young but not now.

He's clueless and looks lost.

Holts value to the team seems undervalued to me by the manager, even last year MW hailed players like Dom Ball and Zelalem after every game yet our own scottish players barely got a mention.........and they were head and shoulders above those loan signings who in my opinion barely got pass marks.

Holt and Halliday were instrumental in our play last season with their energy and positive movement of the ball.........blatantly lacking those things atm which is poor, the midfield is the cog in our whole style and its broken just now.