In the workplace tomorrow;(the joys of living far away)

The Widow's Son

From my days as a young apprentice, in the bygone days of yore, I can recall the workplace exchanges following an Old Firm game.  Some of it would be funny, some with a harder edge, always better to give than to receive.  Would not want to show up to work tomorrow and hear all the patter from the tims at work especially after a rank display.  Avoiding the newspapers, tv, neighbours too.  I can enjoy a cup of coffee in Tim Horton's without any fear or trepidation but I do think of the bears who will hear it until the next Old Firm victory.  Hope they can all ride it through and come out stronger bears.     

3 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

From my days as a young apprentice, in the bygone days of yore, I can recall the workplace exchanges following an Old Firm game.  Some of it would be funny, some with a harder edge, always better to give than to receive.  Would not want to show up to work tomorrow and hear all the patter from the tims at work especially after a rank display.  Avoiding the newspapers, tv, neighbours too.  I can enjoy a cup of coffee in Tim Horton's without any fear or trepidation but I do think of the bears who will hear it until the next Old Firm victory.  Hope they can all ride it through and come out stronger bears.     

Just back from your neck of the woods - you're a lucky man!

(not just for what you posted above!!)

Thanks to King, Warburton and our squad, my Sunday dread has gone through the roof.

I work with a few Tims; proper bitter and twisted, anti-Britain and pro-Ireland ones who's teenage years coincided with our nine-in-a-row era, fuelling their hatred.

I've been going back-and-forth with them for weeks, talking about Barton, Brown, Warburton, Rodgers, we even had an argument about that Celtic walk or whatever it is. They were claiming it was beautiful, compared to ours, while I reiterated that our stunning main stand was a listed building. Anyway, you get the point, I stand my ground against these cunts pretty well.

Not tomorrow. I don't have a leg to stand on. We have been badly, badly let down. You win and lose Old Firm games, I've been to enough to know that, but 5-1? That's a humiliation. An embarrassment.

I don't know if I can go from 9AM-5PM without saying something untoward.

Cheers, Warbs and co. As long as we were respectful.

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

Same not a smelly in sight.:uk:

I'm off on Monday but I know I'll get pelters on Tuesday because I'm pretty much the most vocal Bear in my work. There are a few others but they're a lot more casual in their support. 

Dreading it. 

The last time we put up such an embarrassing performance against them was the 2-0 game at Hampden but I was in London at the time so I was shielded from this.

I live in England so thankfully I don't have to work with any of the scum. A few in my work prefer them to us for God knows what reason, even after I've pointed out their vile history and disrespect of soldiers and all things British. I do feel for Bears that have to put up with the shite tomorrow tho 

Fuck em is what I say, I am going to be going in walking with my head high and will take all the shit they throw at me, we let ourselves down yesterday and I expect a right good kicking from them as I would do to them no doubt.

End of the day it is what it is for a reason and that is because passions run high, not going to let it get on top of me and will happily fight my corner and not mention BJK once, they all know already.

Go up to the most rabid pape in your work,grab him firmly by the arm as if squeezing it ,then say

"your team were great on Saturday,on that performance you could have beaten Lincoln red imps away from home" 

then gently untighten your grip, and walk away with a smug smile

.....is going to be the hell storm that only in my darkest dreams I thought it might be. Every one of the bastards was as smug as fuck and predicted a comfortable win. I said nothing in the hope that I could have gone in tomorrow and rammed it down their throats.

Now I've got to go in and look at their even smugger faces...listen to their shite patter, their views on how 'fucked' we are. 

It's to be a fuckin horror story in the making. I'll take great pleasure in telling them if they think we're done then it's going to be a big fall from grace for them.

Thanks Rangers, thanks v much. :rolleyes: