I've re watched the game

cameron1873

21 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

| suggest others on here do the same (if they can stomach it) 

I found it a helpful exercise actually. I am someone who enjoys the analytical side of the game so i routinely watch games after the hype good or bad. And although the scoreline was very very bad at times the performance was not. I do expect a bit of abuse over this post because it wont be a sack warburton/the whole team is pish post because what use is that. Nobody thought it would be easy this year or the following few. The fact is we are at a financially disadvantage straight off the bat.

Yesterday for the first 20 mins i thought we looked good. We matched celtic and had a few good openings down the left that didnt come to much but imo showed there was an opportunity to exploit celtic. Before i watched the game back it felt like we were getting caught on the ball constantly but in fact in the first 20 mins we got caught once. Yes, our passing could of been faster and crisper but we were doing okay. Defensively and also pushing forward without any real threat. Kiernan passing though was a let down all day. Celtic had barely penetrated our defense and we had limited them to shot from outside the box. From 20-30 mins we were under pressure but again without any real penetration. The first real time they got through then they win a corner which our defending led them to score an easy header. This is absolutely criminal. It needs fixed by warburton fucking quickly. I felt this rattled us a bit and straight from kick of we loose the ball but we get through it and start pushing forward again doing well. Kiernan shit pass out fucked us again. But except from that i thought we had a decent enough 1st half considering the players we have and it was their 1st time at parkhead.

Thankfully warburton seen sense and subbed Kranjcar. Watching it back you could actually see DW speak to Halliday on the 35 min mark giving him the nod. This was good to see because without doubt he was our worst player. The rest had an okay 1st half. Windass the easy standout.

The second half again we started well passing the ball, being brave. However, we were allowing far too much space between our midfield and defense. They had a few chance to run at our defense. Eventually getting a goal from this. Surely MW or players on the park could notice this and try and sort it on the park. They get a 3rd goal and when Kiernan goes off we are basically all over the place for a couple mins. Senderos get the red and basically its how many do they want to score.

Defensively we were not terrible. The first half we contained them pretty comfortably for 30mins imo. and if it wasnt for stupid mistakes i dont think they would have scored. Our organisation looked okay considering. Kiernan passing is whoful but he did make a good couple tackles and headers. Senderos was also okay except from his stupidity. 

My conclusion is this we are around four better first team players short of seriously competing. We are not miles off them. People need to remember where we have came from. Its not an overnight job. MW made 1 big mistake yesterday and that was picking Kranjcar i dont know what he was thinking but except from the the team looked well coached for that game. Minus the corner. 

MW is a very good coach and extremely good for this club dont forget that. We need investment and if we dont these scorelines will become common place. However considering what we have spent compared to them there was large parts of that game were we matched them. And considering this is our first year back that is promising. 

I dont think they were actually that good yesterday. They just punished us when we made mistakes

Never get too high after a victory and too low after a defeat. It could be worse, we could have been standing watching the game in a bin bag for 90mins.   

And no i am not MW, DW or DK 

So in other words, defensively we were not terrible but if we didn't defend as bad as we did they wouldn't have scored??

Work that one out!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, its_an_extender said:

So in other words, defensively we were not terrible but if we didn't defend as bad as we did they wouldn't have scored??

Work that one out!

For the first 2 goals anyway it wasn't defending that let us down. It was stupid mistakes. Cut them out and I don't think they would of scored in the 1st half 

I respect folk that can watch these games again, for me I can't, same with SCF. It will never see the light of day in my drum ha. I couldn't even watch those mhanky bastards running on the pitch at the end of the SCF. It would just make my blood boil again, seeing it live is painful enough ha.

3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Same. Fuck watching the 2nd half back. I skimmed through the first half and I think it's a different result if we just had a decent pair of CB's. Even though we aren't clicking the way we'd all like to currently,

If we had a pair of CB's that can actually defend and man mark then that meth addict looking momo cunt Dembele doesn't have free reign for the first, and surely to fuck that 2nd doesn't happen either.

Kiernan couldn't have given them the ball any better if he actually tried to. Him and Senderos leaving that monstrous gap too for the 2nd :disappointment: 

Also worth noting the corner Niko puts in about 9 and half minutes into the game. Looks like it's going too long but ends up heading right towards and unmarked Kiernan who absolutely fucks a decent chance. Who knows, even Senderos heading that might've ended up a lot better - he's scored a few headers in his time after all. 

Barton nearly scoring an OG as well :lol: Forgot all about that until I watched it back

Frustrating as fuck watching it back though. Two really solid, capable cb's and there's no telling what we could've walked away with from all the games we've dropped points in so far. :power_of_anguish:

Great post .Just as I seen it too

21 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

I found it a helpful exercise actually. I am someone who enjoys the analytical side of the game so i routinely watch games after the hype good or bad. And although the scoreline was very very bad at times the performance was not. I do expect a bit of abuse over this post because it wont be a sack warburton/the whole team is pish post because what use is that. Nobody thought it would be easy this year or the following few. The fact is we are at a financially disadvantage straight off the bat.

Yesterday for the first 20 mins i thought we looked good. We matched celtic and had a few good openings down the left that didnt come to much but imo showed there was an opportunity to exploit celtic. Before i watched the game back it felt like we were getting caught on the ball constantly but in fact in the first 20 mins we got caught once. Yes, our passing could of been faster and crisper but we were doing okay. Defensively and also pushing forward without any real threat. Kiernan passing though was a let down all day. Celtic had barely penetrated our defense and we had limited them to shot from outside the box. From 20-30 mins we were under pressure but again without any real penetration. The first real time they got through then they win a corner which our defending led them to score an easy header. This is absolutely criminal. It needs fixed by warburton fucking quickly. I felt this rattled us a bit and straight from kick of we loose the ball but we get through it and start pushing forward again doing well. Kiernan shit pass out fucked us again. But except from that i thought we had a decent enough 1st half considering the players we have and it was their 1st time at parkhead.

Thankfully warburton seen sense and subbed Kranjcar. Watching it back you could actually see DW speak to Halliday on the 35 min mark giving him the nod. This was good to see because without doubt he was our worst player. The rest had an okay 1st half. Windass the easy standout.

The second half again we started well passing the ball, being brave. However, we were allowing far too much space between our midfield and defense. They had a few chance to run at our defense. Eventually getting a goal from this. Surely MW or players on the park could notice this and try and sort it on the park. They get a 3rd goal and when Kiernan goes off we are basically all over the place for a couple mins. Senderos get the red and basically its how many do they want to score.

Defensively we were not terrible. The first half we contained them pretty comfortably for 30mins imo. and if it wasnt for stupid mistakes i dont think they would have scored. Our organisation looked okay considering. Kiernan passing is whoful but he did make a good couple tackles and headers. Senderos was also okay except from his stupidity. 

My conclusion is this we are around four better first team players short of seriously competing. We are not miles off them. People need to remember where we have came from. Its not an overnight job. MW made 1 big mistake yesterday and that was picking Kranjcar i dont know what he was thinking but except from the the team looked well coached for that game. Minus the corner. 

MW is a very good coach and extremely good for this club dont forget that. We need investment and if we dont these scorelines will become common place. However considering what we have spent compared to them there was large parts of that game were we matched them. And considering this is our first year back that is promising. 

I dont think they were actually that good yesterday. They just punished us when we made mistakes

Never get too high after a victory and too low after a defeat. It could be worse, we could have been standing watching the game in a bin bag for 90mins.   

Cameron, if you still have it can you or anyone else confirm or not if the scum fans did the poznan on 66 mins or is this just an untruth ?

I wouldn't put it past this mob to tell you the truth.

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Dunno how anybody could sit through that again.........

It's  a one off but if you are going to slag players off ,I like to be sure they were as rancid as I first seen at game and Kiernan most definitely was 

Don't know if I trust him never mind judging him on his ability 

It's good to know there are people left with balance after the melt down on Saturday.

Arguments about who sings the most offensive songs and trying to justify smashing up toilets?. Childish, emotive bollocks in my opinion. 

Most Rangers fans cannot seem to comprehend that we are in a far weaker position than Celtic at the moment, The ridiculous deal with JD Sports, arguably being the biggest financial issue we face right now. A significant revenue stream has been denied for the next six years or so and we can only hope the board can reach some kind of settlement that can benefit us soon, however unlikely that outcome seems at the moment. 

People are calling for Dave King to be removed from his position after what seems to be a lack of investment after his 20 - 30 million pound pledge in 2015. I'm not convinced that would be the right route to go down either as there has been more than enough off the field legal wranglings to last any Rangers fan a life time. And most importantly who is going to replace him?  A Saudi Prince? 

I also think Warburton and Weir's signings during the closed season, at face value at the time looked solid investments for little or no outlay. ( apart from Barton who I think will be remembered more for his twitter account than anything he has done on a football field ). The other thing to remember is that we have amassed a whole new team of players that have only really played a handfull of games together. It takes time to build a winning formula, although it's this issue that most fans won't want to hear as people expect instant success. Especially against our most bitter rivals. Don't forget Celtic will drop points for sure. It historically has always been the way when competing on the European front.

I think when we get all our squad fit and maybe more investment in January things will start to come good. I also think it's unrealistic to expect to win the league this year even before Saturday's result. If we can qualify for Champions league and get that much needed financial safety net and maybe win a cup or two, I think most balanced people will say that on the whole the season has not been too bad, if you consider everything we are dealing with and the journey we've been on for the last five years or so. It's a bitter pill to swallow right now but I honestly think there is no realistic immediate alternative.

I think Warburton is a good coach and should be given a chance to see what he can do in the top tier. Surely sacking the management team will only lead to more more uncertainty?

3 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

It's not an excuse. Look we got beat 5-1 it's not good enough and never will be. All I was trying to do was break the game down and find out why we lost. And in doing so I realised there was large spells of the game we we look good as a unit. Which for me is pleasing. Yes the fact we lost will over shadow that. 

But If you cut out our stupid mistakes (which I believe we committed in the 1st and second goals) ask yourself this. How many times did they seriously cut us open from open play. I would argue it wasn't until their 3rd goal and then from then it's a free for all. 

Like I said. I believe with a few good signings they are more than catchable 

Yep a few good signings and cut out the mistakes. 

A couple = 2

Several = 3 or 4

A few = 5 or 6 ?

Hit the nail on the head.

It was a shambolic performance tbh.  Many on here have argued we have been poor all year whilst I have been in the camp of; we are undefeated, it will click etc etc.  There is no option but to concede they are right following what I seen on Saturday.  We are a defensive shambles.

From the outset Wallace and Mckay were murdered down that side, time after time I watched Mckay's man stroll away from him - Barry seemed to have little idea where he was or inkling to track him.  This going on right in front of our bench and captain and yet no one appeared to have a word.  

The Corner.  My god the corner.  3 big games (SF, Final, Piggery) We have conceded from 4 corners.  Watched as that one was about to be hit and from what I could tell, no one was talking or organising, there is no aggression to our defending whatsoever.  It is simply not good enough - how long this has went on and quite frankly MW and DW are failing in this respect, either to improve what we have or identify what we need.  DW's role def.need to come into question in this.

Kiernan.  Honestly do not know where to start.  It was there for all to see - a poor player who also lost his bottle, however who didn't see it coming apart from our Management team.  I don't actually blame Kiernan.

The starting 11.  The selection of NK was unforgivable.  There is no way his short comings cannot be apparent in training.  He might do a job off the bench for us but that environment - a starter?  Having said that MW probably watches him train against our defensive set up and thinks he has Zidane at his disposal.

Could go on all day, not going to tell anyone what they do not already know.  I honestly hope MW wakes up and does what has to be done (BTW that might include getting some support in from a defensive perspective whether DW is there or not).  MW ticks so many boxes for us, many of which have been listed before however it appears there are a few key areas that he just cannot see. He does seem to recognise the expectations and the size of he club however he has to understand he is trying to play a system without the players with the ability to do so (Kieran gave it away 3 times with no pressure on him, the 3rd being the goal) - equally we are not clinical enough to play the we will score more than you will as we pass up chances when they come along.

Hope he gets it right, I personally appreciate and love so much about the guy however he is going to need to do so quickly and he is about to feel pressure that he will never have came near in his Footballing career.   

6 minutes ago, smell the glove said:

What do you think it will take to get that team to a level where we can win the league and compete in the champs league group stages?

To compete in the group stages would take more money. But to win the league and qualify for champs league I would say min 4mil max 7mil. 

I think we need roughly 4 players. 2cbs, athletic midfielder and a right winger. Obviously a better standard than we have already 

Just now, cameron1873 said:

To compete in the group stages would take more money. But to win the league and qualify for champs league I would say min 4mil max 7mil. 

I think we need roughly 4 players. 2cbs, athletic midfielder and a right winger. Obviously a better standard than we have already 

Your costs are all wrong based in current market prices. 

I don't like referring to them, however, the winger they bought shows that 

1 minute ago, smell the glove said:

Your costs are all wrong based in current market prices. 

I don't like referring to them, however, the winger they bought shows that 

Personally I disagree. Especially for the 7mil mark. They bought a player that played in the premises league. That brings inflated value even if they are worth it or not 

1 hour ago, cameron1873 said:

For the first 2 goals anyway it wasn't defending that let us down. It was stupid mistakes. Cut them out and I don't think they would of scored in the 1st half 

Maybe I'm being dense here, but aren't stupid mistakes part & parcel of poor defending?

Or, put another way, good defending doesn't normally come inclusive of stupid mistakes.

Just now, cameron1873 said:

I don't get your point 

I know, I was showing that your comment had no real context and was incorrect.

The general rule is the higher the price the better the player, with a few exceptions (senderos not for the better, but rather shows that playing in premiership means nothing in relation to ability)

58 minutes ago, solobaggins said:

It's good to know there are people left with balance after the melt down on Saturday.

Arguments about who sings the most offensive songs and trying to justify smashing up toilets?. Childish, emotive bollocks in my opinion. 

Most Rangers fans cannot seem to comprehend that we are in a far weaker position than Celtic at the moment, The ridiculous deal with JD Sports, arguably being the biggest financial issue we face right now. A significant revenue stream has been denied for the next six years or so and we can only hope the board can reach some kind of settlement that can benefit us soon, however unlikely that outcome seems at the moment. 

People are calling for Dave King to be removed from his position after what seems to be a lack of investment after his 20 - 30 million pound pledge in 2015. I'm not convinced that would be the right route to go down either as there has been more than enough off the field legal wranglings to last any Rangers fan a life time. And most importantly who is going to replace him?  A Saudi Prince? 

I also think Warburton and Weir's signings during the closed season, at face value at the time looked solid investments for little or no outlay. ( apart from Barton who I think will be remembered more for his twitter account than anything he has done on a football field ). The other thing to remember is that we have amassed a whole new team of players that have only really played a handfull of games together. It takes time to build a winning formula, although it's this issue that most fans won't want to hear as people expect instant success. Especially against our most bitter rivals. Don't forget Celtic will drop points for sure. It historically has always been the way when competing on the European front.

I think when we get all our squad fit and maybe more investment in January things will start to come good. I also think it's unrealistic to expect to win the league this year even before Saturday's result. If we can qualify for Champions league and get that much needed financial safety net and maybe win a cup or two, I think most balanced people will say that on the whole the season has not been too bad, if you consider everything we are dealing with and the journey we've been on for the last five years or so. It's a bitter pill to swallow right now but I honestly think there is no realistic immediate alternative.

I think Warburton is a good coach and should be given a chance to see what he can do in the top tier. Surely sacking the management team will only lead to more more uncertainty?

PR pish never a Rangers Man.

23 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

Pretty much how i saw it, we were reasonable in the middle and they were no better, we can't sit a man in front of defence with a middle 3 though, i believe we are better set for a 4-3-2-1with the players we have.

Don't worry about the doomsayers, your points are about 90% accurate.

there must be plenty of young hungry centre backs worldwide but we have managed to have four of the worst young and old center backs I have seen in a long time at ibrox.you could not make one out the four of them and it's costing us already ffs we have all known this since the Scottish cup final and the management team have had plenty time to get replacements for both Wilson and kiernan.and look what we have ended up with I'm not looking forward to our up and coming away games against the sheep and hearts with that defence so much for that guy mw brought in to scout for us he says he's one of the best in the business ? well if he is surely to fuck he could of found better than Clint Hill and Senderos if indeed he had anything to do with both signings.im still pissed off after the tarrier game but off to Blackpool on Friday be visiting the gallant pioneers on Saturday I hope to fuck we win this saturday and the team doesn't fuck my weekend up two weeks in a row. rant over