I've re watched the game

cameron1873

| suggest others on here do the same (if they can stomach it) 

I found it a helpful exercise actually. I am someone who enjoys the analytical side of the game so i routinely watch games after the hype good or bad. And although the scoreline was very very bad at times the performance was not. I do expect a bit of abuse over this post because it wont be a sack warburton/the whole team is pish post because what use is that. Nobody thought it would be easy this year or the following few. The fact is we are at a financially disadvantage straight off the bat.

Yesterday for the first 20 mins i thought we looked good. We matched celtic and had a few good openings down the left that didnt come to much but imo showed there was an opportunity to exploit celtic. Before i watched the game back it felt like we were getting caught on the ball constantly but in fact in the first 20 mins we got caught once. Yes, our passing could of been faster and crisper but we were doing okay. Defensively and also pushing forward without any real threat. Kiernan passing though was a let down all day. Celtic had barely penetrated our defense and we had limited them to shot from outside the box. From 20-30 mins we were under pressure but again without any real penetration. The first real time they got through then they win a corner which our defending led them to score an easy header. This is absolutely criminal. It needs fixed by warburton fucking quickly. I felt this rattled us a bit and straight from kick of we loose the ball but we get through it and start pushing forward again doing well. Kiernan shit pass out fucked us again. But except from that i thought we had a decent enough 1st half considering the players we have and it was their 1st time at parkhead.

Thankfully warburton seen sense and subbed Kranjcar. Watching it back you could actually see DW speak to Halliday on the 35 min mark giving him the nod. This was good to see because without doubt he was our worst player. The rest had an okay 1st half. Windass the easy standout.

The second half again we started well passing the ball, being brave. However, we were allowing far too much space between our midfield and defense. They had a few chance to run at our defense. Eventually getting a goal from this. Surely MW or players on the park could notice this and try and sort it on the park. They get a 3rd goal and when Kiernan goes off we are basically all over the place for a couple mins. Senderos get the red and basically its how many do they want to score.

Defensively we were not terrible. The first half we contained them pretty comfortably for 30mins imo. and if it wasnt for stupid mistakes i dont think they would have scored. Our organisation looked okay considering. Kiernan passing is whoful but he did make a good couple tackles and headers. Senderos was also okay except from his stupidity. 

My conclusion is this we are around four better first team players short of seriously competing. We are not miles off them. People need to remember where we have came from. Its not an overnight job. MW made 1 big mistake yesterday and that was picking Kranjcar i dont know what he was thinking but except from the the team looked well coached for that game. Minus the corner. 

MW is a very good coach and extremely good for this club dont forget that. We need investment and if we dont these scorelines will become common place. However considering what we have spent compared to them there was large parts of that game were we matched them. And considering this is our first year back that is promising. 

I dont think they were actually that good yesterday. They just punished us when we made mistakes

Never get too high after a victory and too low after a defeat. It could be worse, we could have been standing watching the game in a bin bag for 90mins.   

And no i am not MW, DW or DK 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just said in another post.

1st goal was defeated site error at set play

2nd goal was error from Kiernon

Outplayed them at the start of the 2nd half ano had McKay shot hit the net it would have been very different.

The 3rd goal was against the run of play and actually a very good goal, albeit conceded too easily from a defensive pov.

That and Senderos sending off finished the game.

Very balanced post mate and I appreciate you taking the time to Tey and find balance.

Clearly the personal were wrong from the start, and we needed fighters and power in the team 

For me Kranjar and Mckay should not have started.

Forester has been playing well. And haliday played well in the semi final. If I can see that surely the manager can.

I like you though we played OK. Till they scored. Again conceding from a set piece

They pressed us high and hard and we couldn't get into our rhythm, Barton had no time and anytime he got the ball it was rushed and ended up putting out out or misplacing a pass.

Biggest problem was we had to many that had no experience of an old firm game 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Fuck putting yourself through that again. 

This is might sound strange but I actually felt better after watching it again. After getting beat 5-1 it was easy to forgot how well we played first 30 mins and probably rightly so. However, considering its our first year back and so on that was positive. They aren't that far in front of us as that game suggest. There is a gulf but not something a few good transfer windows can't fix 

We started well then midway through the first half we done exactly as I feared , stood back , gave them far too much time on the ball and allowed them to play . Second half very similar , also their third goal came a minute after we had a free kick where we could maybe have flighted it into the box and possibly created something , instead we passed it back eventually to the goalie who hit it out then we lost the ball and put ourselves under pressure . Baffling 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

We started well then midway through the first half we done exactly as I feared , stood back , gave them far too much time on the ball and allowed them to play . Second half very similar , also their third goal came a minute after we had a free kick where we could maybe have flighted it into the box and possibly created something , instead we passed it back eventually to the goalie who hit it out then we lost the ball and put ourselves under pressure . Baffling 

They had a similar free kick and put the ball in the box

Once was enough for me, thanks.

I'm actually scunnered that you've said watching it again has made you feel better.

I watched a short clip of their 3rd goal this morning because I was debating it with another poster and that was bad enough.

Fuck sitting through the full thing again. 

8 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

This is might sound strange but I actually felt better after watching it again. After getting beat 5-1 it was easy to forgot how well we played first 30 mins and probably rightly so. However, considering its our first year back and so on that was positive. They aren't that far in front of us as that game suggest. There is a gulf but not something a few good transfer windows can't fix 

We beat them last season in the cup an we we gave them free reign yesterday, tell me how we can be positive about things now we are left with a team who can't communicate and play cohesively? We shoe horn players in for the sake of it And have no plan B. The seasons a write off and its now a case of trying to hold on to second place. 

12 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

I found it a helpful exercise actually. I am someone who enjoys the analytical side of the game so i routinely watch games after the hype good or bad. And although the scoreline was very very bad at times the performance was not. I do expect a bit of abuse over this post because it wont be a sack warburton/the whole team is pish post because what use is that. Nobody thought it would be easy this year or the following few. The fact is we are at a financially disadvantage straight off the bat.

Yesterday for the first 20 mins i thought we looked good. We matched celtic and had a few good openings down the left that didnt come to much but imo showed there was an opportunity to exploit celtic. Before i watched the game back it felt like we were getting caught on the ball constantly but in fact in the first 20 mins we got caught once. Yes, our passing could of been faster and crisper but we were doing okay. Defensively and also pushing forward without any real threat. Kiernan passing though was a let down all day. Celtic had barely penetrated our defense and we had limited them to shot from outside the box. From 20-30 mins we were under pressure but again without any real penetration. The first real time they got through then they win a corner which our defending led them to score an easy header. This is absolutely criminal. It needs fixed by warburton fucking quickly. I felt this rattled us a bit and straight from kick of we loose the ball but we get through it and start pushing forward again doing well. Kiernan shit pass out fucked us again. But except from that i thought we had a decent enough 1st half considering the players we have and it was their 1st time at parkhead.

Thankfully warburton seen sense and subbed Kranjcar. Watching it back you could actually see DW speak to Halliday on the 35 min mark giving him the nod. This was good to see because without doubt he was our worst player. The rest had an okay 1st half. Windass the easy standout.

The second half again we started well passing the ball, being brave. However, we were allowing far too much space between our midfield and defense. They had a few chance to run at our defense. Eventually getting a goal from this. Surely MW or players on the park could notice this and try and sort it on the park. They get a 3rd goal and when Kiernan goes off we are basically all over the place for a couple mins. Senderos get the red and basically its how many do they want to score.

Defensively we were not terrible. The first half we contained them pretty comfortably for 30mins imo. and if it wasnt for stupid mistakes i dont think they would have scored. Our organisation looked okay considering. Kiernan passing is whoful but he did make a good couple tackles and headers. Senderos was also okay except from his stupidity. 

My conclusion is this we are around four better first team players short of seriously competing. We are not miles off them. People need to remember where we have came from. Its not an overnight job. MW made 1 big mistake yesterday and that was picking Kranjcar i dont know what he was thinking but except from the the team looked well coached for that game. Minus the corner. 

MW is a very good coach and extremely good for this club dont forget that. We need investment and if we dont these scorelines will become common place. However considering what we have spent compared to them there was large parts of that game were we matched them. And considering this is our first year back that is promising. 

I dont think they were actually that good yesterday. They just punished us when we made mistakes

Never get too high after a victory and too low after a defeat. It could be worse, we could of been standing watching the game is a bin bag for 90mins.   

Very good post and some excellent points.Main problem for me is teams do not have to work hard to score against us.We virtually leave them unmarked with gaping holes to waltz through.This has been ongoing for a long long time.The fact it's still ongoing is nothing short of dereliction of duty from our management.

It was OK in the championship where we tended to score more goals to make amends but now teams are far better set up and we could learn a lot from some of them defensively.

This season we are also going to come up against far better,quicker forward lines that are capable of exploiting our weakness again and again.Yesterday proved this unfortunately for us all.Thing is ANY team must fancy their chances scoring against us.This gives them something to hold onto,puts us under pressure and ends up with dropped points in games we really should be winning comfortably.

That said big respect for being able to watch the game again.I am trying very unsuccessful to forget it as quick as possible!

Maybe the op should take the first 5 matches into account. We are a shambles down to one simple factor we don't have a central defence. We have never had a central defence sine he took over and his attempts in summer recruitment resembled nothing other than self-harm.

yesterdays result wasn't  a surprise to a fair few of us who have been predicting it since the close of the transfer window. We will continue to ship goals and we will struggle to be in second place by the time of the next match against the filth.

Kiernan is young enough to get better, but he has yet to show any sign of improvement, as yesterday showed once again.

Windass and Forrester will be lethal when they can rely on Rossiter behind them to start all attacks. Barton, Krancjar, Hill and Senderos should not have been signed and yesterday showed that. The three that played are not physically/mentally (in Niko and Senderos case) capable of winning an old firm game.

Garner showed some good commitment yesterday and Miller again showed his value and work rate despite his age. 

If we can sign, or loan, a young and capable partner for Wilson, we should be able to finish 2nd. Centre backs have to be encourage to give the ball straight to Rossiter or fullback's, no long passes or chipped shite.

Rossiter has to play over Barton. Windass and Forrester have to play in front of him. Good options in front 3 to mix things up for different opponents.

MBL is right, they weren't very good yesterday. We made it very easy.

5 minutes ago, minstral said:

But what does that make us mate.

At the moment fighting for 4th unless this mess gets sorted sharpish.  Barring the odd 20 minutes or so each game we've been terrible all season.  And this has carried on from the last couple of months from last season.  Worrying stuff minstral.

Time to get the head out the sand.

32 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

Never get too high after a victory and too low after a defeat. It could be worse, we could of been standing watching the game is a bin bag for 90mins.   

I repped you for the effort although I disagree with a lot of the content mate 

Think MW made quite a number of mistakes 

20 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I dont think they were actually that good yesterday.

And that's the worrying thing.  

And to hand someone the first hattrick in the fixture (league) in nearly 50 years - there are just some things you don't allow the opposition to do to you.