Sensible suggestions going forward ..

K.A.I

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I think the sheep will skin us for 3 goals. Their hatred of us will drive them.

If that happens we could end up 3rd in the table.  People will be calling for Warburton's head a that point.  If we don't start winning consistently things are going to get very ugly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I think the meltdown has started m8, a weak performance against Ross C and the writing is on the wall.

I know.  I can actually see us struggling against Ross.  We've struggled against Hamilton and Kilmarnock so why not Ross County as well. :disappointment:

11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If that happens we could end up 3rd in the table.  People will be calling for Warburton's head a that point.  If we don't start winning consistently things are going to get very ugly.

In all honesty i think this is his last season with us. 8 points out of 15 before we get into the mid season point where injuries kick in - we've fucked it already. 

way forward keep 4-3-3 and force kings hand with regards to investment call the gaffer stubborn or whatever you wish but this is how he believes in playing so its down to king to back the management to make sure his system and style can be successful. Forget free transfers time to get the cheque book out we ain't miles off being able to challenge.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Ok we got all the lack of investment by King and anger at the players and management out our system so looking at things now what do you think we need to do going forward? 

Yesterday were massive games for Barton and Nico - I know the season is only 6 weeks or so old but I really did think it was sink or swim time for them yesterday. I said as much before the game.

i could excuse the early season poor form provided they gave us the big performance they owed us - but they didn't. For me they've had their chance as dramatic as that sounds.

going forward and this is just my opinion - I think we need to go back to last season where we had much better flow and organisation to our play and for me that means a midfield of Holt and Halliday again 

I feel strange saying that as I honestly do think the both of them are average footballers but I think we need to go one step back to go forward. 

McKay needs dropped too. A couple of wonder strikes aside he's a really over-rated player in my eyes. Forrester, IMO has been our bes player this season so give him his spot.

the forward line we all know can do better but can't say a bad word about them yesterday they were isolated and had zero service 

most of all that joke of a defence. I stand by what I said yesterday about Senderos losing the plot and getting sent off on purpose - only he knows the truth though but the fact of the matter neither him nor Kiernan can be trusted or should play for us again. 

What needs to happen is mark picks 2 centre halfs and gives them a proper run together and time to gel and form and partnership - this has never happened as he mixes them up. Now it's Wilson and Hill's turn. They need a settled run together and hope they're even a slight improvement on them 2 retarded arseholes that played for us yesterday 

Warburton played Senderos yesterday despite him having no competitive action for months. John Stones cost 50M and he'd have struggled in the same circumstances as would any CH with no match sharpness. Playing Senderos was an act of desparation despite a fit Hill which tells you Warburton already knows out of all the mistakes he's made so far this season Hill is his biggest. Hill will play in absolute emergencies only after losing to KRIS BOYD in a sprint ffs,the only chance Hill has of getting a run in the team is if he's picking it.

As much as that hurt yesterday I can't help but think it will be a every cloud kinda thing, I say that because I think it might actually make MW think in future his decisions cost us big time yesterday but they have been costing us since the game against hibs. He needs to sort the defence and he maybe might see that RK or PS just can't play for us again as the 2 of them shat in the nest. He needs to realise that he needs to change the team to suit the particular game there's no point in playing the same team every game the drastically change for a massive game. I know some don't like MOH but I do and wonder what the guy has to do to get in the team?? He's better than McKay who I don't rate anyway. Maybe we should just write this season off and if we get Europe it's a bonus and spend some money at the start of next season and make a fight of it. We don't just have Celtic to overcome we have everyone and every team within Scotland who all to a man hate us, we are in this ourselves and we will get back to the top without help from anyone. 

we played with an unfamiliar midfield that hasn't gelled & lacks pace. I still believe that the problem isn't really in defence - except for poor set piece defending of course - it's in penetrating into and around the box. We charge up the field then run out if ideas. It's the equivalent of a long jumper running the whole of the track and stopping on the board to jump. It makes the build up pointless. It is actually about doing plan A properly. We defend via possession & win by moving the ball purposefully and quickly, being brave & taking the chances we get. I agree Barton should shut the fuck up and focus on being a footballer. I leave it to wiser heads to tell me whether he should play.

39 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Warburton played Senderos yesterday despite him having no competitive action for months. John Stones cost 50M and he'd have struggled in the same circumstances as would any CH with no match sharpness. Playing Senderos was an act of desparation despite a fit Hill which tells you Warburton already knows out of all the mistakes he's made so far this season Hill is his biggest. Hill will play in absolute emergencies only after losing to KRIS BOYD in a sprint ffs,the only chance Hill has of getting a run in the team is if he's picking it.

Ok so what's your suggestion -solutions instead of only disagreeing? Make Senderos a mainstay? :lol: 

Apart from the stinking defence that most sensible Rangers supporters have been complaining about since last season ( to think some of our fans were saying "all we need is a defensive midfielder" mind boggling) , one of our biggest problems is plain to see. Quite simply teams have sussed out Warburtons one dimensional system of play. Same old same old 433 or even the pathetic Do plan A better mantra.

Falkirk sussed us out last season,latterly the Hiv's and most of the others gave us tough games. This season we've already dropped points to Hamilton, Kilmarnock and the Beasts. If Warburton doesn't start to change fomations and mix things up then we'll probably drop points to every team in this league. Playing guys that are off form or out of position as well also seems to be another of his traits. Wallace has been stinking all season and needs dropped, as has Mackay out wide (though I would like to see him partner someone through the middle in a 442 ). Won't hold my breath though as some others have said he wasn't for changing at Bretnford. If that is the case then he won't be here long either.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So much to disagree with in one post.

mckay is a class act - his first touch is sublime and he always looks dangerous going forward - but he needs midfield support. 

Barton also will come good some great passing and breaking up of play but needs better help in midfield - niko is looking like a impact sub not a starter so I would use home like that.

the concept of any player deliberately getting them self sent of is just nonsense - but he had a shocker and the occasion overwhelmed them but far to early to write him off - I'd stick with Wilson and Keirnan - they showed in the semi final they can do the job. Senderos will be back. 

Holy fuck

The way we have played this season bears little resemblance to a year ago, I would hardly describe it as trying to do Plan A better - but that's what should have happened, play the same way but with players who can play that way better than last season's players.

We're getting pressed and closed down because we're facing teams who are fitter and stronger than the ones we were steamrollering over last year. We can't zip the ball about and win it back quickly with two 30 somethings who are winding down their careers, we need young, fit, hungry guys for that.

The defence is fucked and there's nothing that can be done to improve it until January.

So what needs to happen is we get some urgency in front of the defence. Active attacking enegetic options that close down the opposition without allowing them time on the ball. We stop them throwing balls into our box and we attack them first. Let them think about stopping us rather than us thinking about them. We have the players. The manager just has to play them, give them a run and give up on the poor signings. We all make mistakes and the sooner the management team realise this and that it is nothing to be ashamed of the better.

IMO the trend since around the start of April this year has been a mix of poor performances and poor results.   Not winning against Hamilton and Kilmarnock - both games that should have been won and more points bagged - have not helped.     A pre-season in the USA with only one competitive game did not to me look like ideal preparation to get players more 'gelled' or match ready.  Fit (in many cases but clearly not all) they may have been but they were not really ready for the start of the season.   We hit the games stumbling and have continued to stumble (badly).    Shifting out of the gear they are in and turning in more match-winning performances on a consistent basis is taking far too long.  The season starts to take on the feel of trying to stay with the pace in a race for a European spot with any notion of 55 this season becoming more distant as games come and go.   Sure its early in the season.  Sure they may gel more effective at winning more often.   Right now there are not enough credible signs that MW is turning things round to make it so.

MW starts to look out of his depth in working in a way that delivers quick and effective action to field a team that actually does deliver what on paper it should be capable of delivering.  He will have endured pressure to deliver in his former financial career but that is not necessarily an indicator that he can actually raise his performance to deliver for Rangers in Scotland.    Sure the Championship was won but as many have said the resources we had should have ensured that anyway (even in the less-than-acceptable McCoist, McD, McCall era).    

MW may be a competent enough manager with good reputation.  Well respected by his peers even.   But....and this for me is a big but......he has been very far from showing that he has the leadership skills, drive, sheer willpower, and determination to succeed to deliver for Rangers in the top flight.  Too much management-speak and soundbites and not enough hammering out solutions in the training ground that show in match games that matters are fixed.    Is he stamping enough authority on the squad?   I don't see it for he were we would have been seeing better results and better performances and less excuses.  

For me what he seems to be trying to do this season its too much of a continuous experiment, a learning (but then never showing that lessons are actually learned), of not really knowing even yet what his most effective team is, of having lost a lot of the effectiveness of how we played last season.  Good enough for the Championship but not yet even remotely showing enough signs of being good enough to achieve the objective for this season - a European slot (since King has inferred that second will do).

Improvements?   Would not ideally want to say this but first things first - go into games to avoid giving away goals.  We give them away far too cheaply and its been happening for far too long.  Needs fixed as the single most important priority.   If we cannot defend properly then no amount of huffing and puffing over the ball or celebrating ball retention rates are worth a candle.   

That means changing the approach to defend as a primary priority with midfield playing more of a protection role and hit on break to score.    Garner and MOH to provide the main strike threat.    Barrie, Waghorn and Forrester to be impact subs along with Nico and Miller.

If we are not sufficiently in contention for a European slot by (say) end of March then MW should realise his limitations and act accordingly.   The point being that the primary objective (of King anyway as he seemed to declare recently) is to accept that 2nd would be ok but must achieve a European slot.  If that does not look like it will be achieved then MW's time should be up.   We are not here to be a learning curve for emerging managers if they will not (or can not) deliver at this level.  We are here to win 55 then progress from there. 

The biggest improvement - and the most immediate - needs to be a vast improvement in the performance of the Manager himself.   He must deliver.  Its what is demanded at Rangers.   Even more so having come through these last 4 years.  Time for him talking about it is over.  It's time for action and delivery of a team that produces sustained runs of winning performances.   

50 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

The defence is fucked and there's nothing that can be done to improve it until January.

So what needs to happen is we get some urgency in front of the defence. Active attacking enegetic options that close down the opposition without allowing them time on the ball. We stop them throwing balls into our box and we attack them first. Let them think about stopping us rather than us thinking about them. We have the players. The manager just has to play them, give them a run and give up on the poor signings. We all make mistakes and the sooner the management team realise this and that it is nothing to be ashamed of the better.

Christopher Samba is the answer.