Sensible suggestions going forward ..

K.A.I

Ok we got all the lack of investment by King and anger at the players and management out our system so looking at things now what do you think we need to do going forward? 

Yesterday were massive games for Barton and Nico - I know the season is only 6 weeks or so old but I really did think it was sink or swim time for them yesterday. I said as much before the game.

i could excuse the early season poor form provided they gave us the big performance they owed us - but they didn't. For me they've had their chance as dramatic as that sounds.

going forward and this is just my opinion - I think we need to go back to last season where we had much better flow and organisation to our play and for me that means a midfield of Holt and Halliday again 

I feel strange saying that as I honestly do think the both of them are average footballers but I think we need to go one step back to go forward. 

McKay needs dropped too. A couple of wonder strikes aside he's a really over-rated player in my eyes. Forrester, IMO has been our bes player this season so give him his spot.

the forward line we all know can do better but can't say a bad word about them yesterday they were isolated and had zero service 

most of all that joke of a defence. I stand by what I said yesterday about Senderos losing the plot and getting sent off on purpose - only he knows the truth though but the fact of the matter neither him nor Kiernan can be trusted or should play for us again. 

What needs to happen is mark picks 2 centre halfs and gives them a proper run together and time to gel and form and partnership - this has never happened as he mixes them up. Now it's Wilson and Hill's turn. They need a settled run together and hope they're even a slight improvement on them 2 retarded arseholes that played for us yesterday 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of problems but the biggest thing that has changed from the last time we played them at Hampden is the pace and energy in midfield off the ball. I said it elsewhere, at Hampden our midfield was all over them like a swarm of wasps, with Ball, Holt and Halliday in the engine room. Yesterday we had Barton, Nico and Windass and we just didn't close them down as quickly and weren't able to win the ball as high up the park.

I honestly think the manager has totally disrespected the standard up here or the level we are coming  up against. Kranjcar, Hill, Barton, Kiernan and Senderos aren't good enough and are as slow as a week in the jail. It's as if he thought he could just sign these duds and they'd stroll it. You aren't telling me there isn't value for money in say Scandanavia. I'd even rather see the kids get a game than these overpaid shitebags.

We need more pace in our side because we play better when we move the ball quick, which means dropping Miller, Barton and Niko and Bringing in MiOH, Forrester and Rossiter. 

• Holt needs to start. 
  • Our midfield three should be selected from Windass, Holt, Halliday, Forrester & Rossiter.
  • MOH needs to be given a decent run of games.
  • We genuinely need to rethink how we 'defend' set pieces. Drastic changes are needed. ( I know this will never happen )
  • The only time Niko should play is at home against lesser opposition. In which there is no need for a high press and there is little reliance defensively on him.
  • Danny Wilson and Bates should be given a chance as a CB pairing at one point. The rest can 'play' there way back into the side.
  • Barton should be told in no uncertain terms to shut the fuck up. 

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I honestly think the manager has totally disrespected the standard up here or the level we are coming  up against. Kranjcar, Hill, Barton, Kiernan and Senderos aren't good enough and are as slow as a week in the jail. It's as if he thought he could just sign these duds and they'd stroll it. You aren't telling me there isn't value for money in say Scandanavia. I'd even rather see the kids get a game than these overpaid shitebags.

Yip a think that aswell mate

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

He's actually bought players that don't suit the system he's trying to play. ?

The majority of the players we have bought came from 442 systems which makes me think he might try to adapt our formation to suit them. Doubt it tho.

Just now, B1872 said:

He knew fuck all about Scotland and what type of player he would be needing , hes probably never seen an old firm game before he came here.

Said before the game , Kranjar , Kiernan and Miller should not be starting for the blatantly obvious reasons that turned out to be spot on.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

The majority of the players we have bought came from 442 systems which makes me think he might try to adapt our formation to suit them. Doubt it tho.

We are meant to be a high pressure team. But for that you need players that can actually press and have the legs to do so.

Need to forget the holding midfielder/quarterback position and play a flat 4 and instead of barton trying to spray 30 yard passes, build the play progressively. I know holt isnt world class but i think the pne thing we are missing from last season is the work rate and speedy closing down of the opposition. Said to @Rfc52 at the stranraer game that kranjcar looks the part but can he mix it when its required? Not anymore for me on that showing yesterday. The guys that have said MW has bought the wrong type of players are spot on.  We beat celtic in the semi last year with a high tempo, honest hard working work ethic. Yesterday was just slow and ponderous. The only bright spark out of yesterday for me was windass looks like hes not scared to run at the opposition.  

Im scared we get turned over at aberdeen due to the fact that apart from 2 or 3 players yesterday it doesnt look to me like this team hurt when they get beat

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

He knew fuck all about Scotland and what type of player he would be needing , hes probably never seen an old firm game before he came here.

Said before the game , Kranjar , Kiernan and Miller should not be starting for the blatantly obvious reasons that turned out to be spot on.

Tbh mate it was Millers experience that got our goal yesterday - that was invaluable - watch the run he makes off the defender to the back post and that header across was not easy to do 

re Warburton I said at the end of last season when we started getting linked with our signings and again start of the summer when the signings were getting made that there was parallels with Le Guen in that I thought he was seriously under estimating Scottish football here. It looks like this is true.

Has to change system if he continues with the same players. If he wants to persist with 433 he has to pick the available players that suit that system better. If that means benching Barton etc so be it. Big decisions for the manager. Will he make those decisions...I'm not so sure.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Tbh mate it was Millers experience that got our goal yesterday - that was invaluable - watch the run he makes off the defender to the back post and that header across was not easy to do 

re Warburton I said at the end of last season when we started getting linked with our signings and again start of the summer when the signings were getting made that there was parallels with Le Guen in that I thought he was seriously under estimating Scottish football here. It looks like this is true.

Miller should have came on as a sub , the other two should have been nowhere near the game.

Warburton has been creaming himself over signing Barton and Nico so they won't be getting dropped and Hill is not good enough to be our answer in defence. McKay and Wallace were a good partnership but have both gone off the boil at same time. What role does Weir do at Ibrox as the defending has been abysmal since he arrived and yet nothing,apart from panic buy of Senderos has been done to improve it. Also this insistence on playing the ball out from the back is all very good if you have the right players to do it,Keirnan couldn't find a teammate in a packed fucking dressing room. Warburtons honeymoon is well and truly over and he quickly needs to get his act together, and while he is at it he can stop giving these patronising after match interviews " we will learn from it". " played well in spells" "fans were great" " ect ect

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ok we got all the lack of investment by King and anger at the players and management out our system so looking at things now what do you think we need to do going forward? 

Yesterday were massive games for Barton and Nico - I know the season is only 6 weeks or so old but I really did think it was sink or swim time for them yesterday. I said as much before the game.

i could excuse the early season poor form provided they gave us the big performance they owed us - but they didn't. For me they've had their chance as dramatic as that sounds.

going forward and this is just my opinion - I think we need to go back to last season where we had much better flow and organisation to our play and for me that means a midfield of Holt and Halliday again 

I feel strange saying that as I honestly do think the both of them are average footballers but I think we need to go one step back to go forward. 

McKay needs dropped too. A couple of wonder strikes aside he's a really over-rated player in my eyes. Forrester, IMO has been our bes player this season so give him his spot.

the forward line we all know can do better but can't say a bad word about them yesterday they were isolated and had zero service 

most of all that joke of a defence. I stand by what I said yesterday about Senderos losing the plot and getting sent off on purpose - only he knows the truth though but the fact of the matter neither him nor Kiernan can be trusted or should play for us again. 

What needs to happen is mark picks 2 centre halfs and gives them a proper run together and time to gel and form and partnership - this has never happened as he mixes them up. Now it's Wilson and Hill's turn. They need a settled run together and hope they're even a slight improvement on them 2 retarded arseholes that played for us yesterday 

I agree , we have to get back to the way we played last season . We need to up the tempo on the ball , and chase and press the opposition off it . 

If that means going back to last season's personnel , who knew the system , so be it , as far as I'm concerned .

But is that realistic ? It would mean MW admitting to some wrong decisions re signings , but also , you'ld have a few unhappy people in the dressing room who may feel aggrieved  they've not had enough time to prove themselves . 

Its the devil or the deep blue sea , but  carrying on and hoping it'll go away is the worst we can do . MW has some big decisions to make and can't afford to put them off any longer . 

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So much to disagree with in one post.

mckay is a class act - his first touch is sublime and he always looks dangerous going forward - but he needs midfield support. 

Barton also will come good some great passing and breaking up of play but needs better help in midfield - niko is looking like a impact sub not a starter so I would use home like that.

the concept of any player deliberately getting them self sent of is just nonsense - but he had a shocker and the occasion overwhelmed them but far to early to write him off - I'd stick with Wilson and Keirnan - they showed in the semi final they can do the job. Senderos will be back. 

27 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Maybe we should go back to plan A

Don't know if you're serious given the amount of people complaining there isn't a plan B , but I think you're right . I think he's tweaked the system , either to be more defensive given the amount of goals we conceded towards the end of last season , or more likely to accommodate new players who are that wee bit older and slower . But yeah , it's time to get back to plan A . 

6 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Don't know if you're serious given the amount of people complaining there isn't a plan B , but I think you're right . I think he's tweaked the system , either to be more defensive given the amount of goals we conceded towards the end of last season , or more likely to accommodate new players who are that wee bit older and slower . But yeah , it's time to get back to plan A . 

System def being tweaked for certain players. It's not working. Get back to what made us unplayable at times last season.

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So much to disagree with in one post.

mckay is a class act - his first touch is sublime and he always looks dangerous going forward - but he needs midfield support. 

Barton also will come good some great passing and breaking up of play but needs better help in midfield - niko is looking like a impact sub not a starter so I would use home like that.

the concept of any player deliberately getting them self sent of is just nonsense - but he had a shocker and the occasion overwhelmed them but far to early to write him off - I'd stick with Wilson and Keirnan - they showed in the semi final they can do the job. Senderos will be back. 

Are you fucking mental?

they showed in the final WHICH WE LOST, and on a great many occasions that they are fucking shite. I'm probably quicker over 15 yards and I'm fucking ancient.