The Snakes Have Surfaced

Virtuoso

10 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

You're spot on mate! I think Saturday was a watershed. In fact even a few sellick fans have condemned those effigies and banners. It needs to stop. It's great getting one over them with some smart banners that are clever and humorous eg compare the titles- simples 

However, that was naked hatred on Saturday and it all has to stop or someone will get seriously hurt or worse because it will spill out onto the streets very soon.

It reminded me of an Istanbul or Belgrade derby. Red Star and Partizan are "on the same side" so to speak, but both sets of supporters love a bit of the old ultra violence. And the Turks are just stabby bastards. Or maybe one of those mad Brazilian derbies where people are regularly killed. Or Linfield v Cliftonville in the 90s. (Linfield fans threw an actual live hand grenade into the Chickenville end). 

It's going to end in tears if something isn't done, and soon. Of course, if it does turn violent and the ta1gs come out of it worst, it'll all be our fault. All the provocation, all the sectarianism, all the thuggery from their side will be conveniently forgotten. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

You're spot on mate! I think Saturday was a watershed. In fact even a few sellick fans have condemned those effigies and banners. It needs to stop. It's great getting one over them with some smart banners that are clever and humorous eg compare the titles- simples 

However, that was naked hatred on Saturday and it all has to stop or someone will get seriously hurt or worse because it will spill out onto the streets very soon.

Their support will be made to be the victims in this because some individual morons have let down the greatest fans in the world who don't deserve the criticism.

Mark my words, bheggars the victims of the swinging effigies.