Kranjcar = Rothen = Capucho

stewaj3

For me, he's suited to back end of game. Come on with 30mins to go, opposition tired,use his brain and technique to drive home our advantage or unlock a defence if we need a goal. Not a starter for me, too slow in his tracking and movement, we need to be pressing, chasing and attacking in the first 60mins

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

A lot of excitement about his pedigree, but the legs have gone.

Will just not do it here as a starter, may make a good impact sub, but he is too much of a passenger to gamble on starting him.

Thoughts?

Legs have gone?   How about he's not fucking fit?  Disgraceful and the manger needs to put him on double training shifts as we are not paying him for nothing 

Kranjcar has a lot to do to win me over. His profile and stock means he should be a key player for us but in my mind he's an absolutely luxury that we can't afford to carry at the moment and that should see him benched.

He has quality but he drifts in and out of games, especially if he doesn't fancy it, ive always felt he did that and that's why he was at teams like Spurs & Portsmouth rather than a top, top side and I have serious reservations that will change now.

I keep seeing people talking about how he needs time to get fit but he's been here for a couple of months now and he's still blowing out his arse after 30 minutes. How long do we give him to 'get fit' before we just admit that whatever legs he had are gone now?

Deciding to start him in a game that's renowned for being played at a frantic intensity with a high tempo was an absolutely awful decision.

A deserved comparison, in my opinion.

Too early? Not for me. Not after that performance. Subbed at half-time; embarassing. He was very, very, very lucky not to sent-off. On a yellow, he was still flying into tackles and I'm not certain, but I believe he flew in on that Israeli boy who, had he gone down and made a meal of it, would have seen Kranjcar off.

For a vastly experienced professional who spoke about "treating it as just another game", he didn't half struggle.

As I said elsewhere, arrivals like him, Barton, Senderos and Hill have disrupted the team's set-up. Where did the young, unearthed talent go? Holt, Halliday, Kiernan, Foderingham and Tavernier arrived with a lot to prove to the sport and chased, hurried, closed-down and pressed their way to league success and the Scottish Cup final. Kranjcar and Barton won't press like that, Hill is beyond past it and Senderos is an eternal donkey.

I'm struggling to come to terms with A. being scunnered from Saturday and B. accepting the fact that we are not going to compete with Celtic this season. We could, of course, but I believe that would require drastic changes that won't happen; reverting to last season's set-up and investing in the squad.

Don't understand that comparison at all. He came on against Motherwell, changed the game and was involved in both goals which got us the 3 points.

For me at the moment he is not a starter. He didn't play well on Saturday but on the other hand he was getting stuck in and putting in effort.

A supposedly big game player with big game experience with big impressive CV who MW went to significant lengths to sign.    Result so far - too much hype and big shortfall in effective contribution to winning games that matter.   Not looking like a good signing and certainly not looking like being an influential star player in this Rangers team.     At this stage of the season a signing that is failing.

Barton.   Ditto

Hill.  Ditto

Senderos.   Ditto (I know its only one game but hardly covered himself in any sort of glory and in fact made life even more difficult for the team by getting sent off.   Not what you expect from a player whose supposedly stellar CV was trumpeted by MW in the lead up to his being signed).

Gilks and Hodson are not getting games so no comment on them so far.    Possibly already bit players and not being given a game in a squad that's not performing.

Garner.   Too early to comment.

Rossiter is the only signing one imo that is showing promise of delivering the goods for Rangers.    

But actually there are others in the squad who are not delivering the sort of performances needed at Rangers.     Neither is the Manager.    When MW said yesterday that things needed to be turned round quickly he was correct.   Goodwill and patience are fading and the pace of that will continue unless consistently good winning runs are put together immediately.   The end result for players that will not (or are not capable of) performing to their full capability in each game is an exit.   The only question would be when.   The same is true of Managers,   Just ask McCoist, McD and McCall.

16 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

A supposedly big game player with big game experience with big impressive CV who MW went to significant lengths to sign.    Result so far - too much hype and big shortfall in effective contribution to winning games that matter.   Not looking like a good signing and certainly not looking like being an influential star player in this Rangers team.     At this stage of the season a signing that is failing.

Barton.   Ditto

Hill.  Ditto

Senderos.   Ditto (I know its only one game but hardly covered himself in any sort of glory and in fact made life even more difficult for the team by getting sent off.   Not what you expect from a player whose supposedly stellar CV was trumpeted by MW in the lead up to his being signed).

Gilks and Hodson are not getting games so no comment on them so far.    Possibly already bit players and not being given a game in a squad that's not performing.

Garner.   Too early to comment.

Rossiter is the only signing one imo that is showing promise of delivering the goods for Rangers.    

But actually there are others in the squad who are not delivering the sort of performances needed at Rangers.     Neither is the Manager.    When MW said yesterday that things needed to be turned round quickly he was correct.   Goodwill and patience are fading and the pace of that will continue unless consistently good winning runs are put together immediately.   The end result for players that will not (or are not capable of) performing to their full capability in each game is an exit.   The only question would be when.   The same is true of Managers,   Just ask McCoist, McD and McCall.

You can add Windass to that aswell from the bits we have seen of him.

Legs have gone.

Flying into tackles. What one is it how can you fly into tackles if your legs have gone? :lol:

Couldn't handle the occasion. 

Nonsense. 

He wasn't the worst on Saturday and only got subbed because Colum was desperate to send one of us off. His booking was never a booking. He's a good player and his whole game is based on finding the forwards. If the forwards are further back up the pitch than him(Miller) or are deliberately not wanting the ball and shying away from the play(Mckay) what option does he have? He can only play the ball to Tav or across the midfield again. 

Krancjar isn't the problem, the problem is Miller, Mckay, Wallace, Kiernan and to an extent Barton

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Legs have gone.

Flying into tackles. What one is it how can you fly into tackles if your legs have gone? :lol:

Couldn't handle the occasion. 

Nonsense. 

He wasn't the worst on Saturday and only got subbed because Colum was desperate to send one of us off. His booking was never a booking. He's a good player and his whole game is based on finding the forwards. If the forwards are further back up the pitch than him(Miller) or are deliberately not wanting the ball and shying away from the play(Mckay) what option does he have? He can only play the ball to Tav or across the midfield again. 

Krancjar isn't the problem, the problem is Miller, Mckay, Wallace, Kiernan and to an extent Barton

Brilliant post.

How on earth is that a brilliant post? I'd call it a childish view.

Kranjcar was knackered, hence the reason he was diving to the feet of the strolling Israeli and sticking a lazy leg out to clip Rogic, picking-up a yellow in the process.

Suggesting that Collum wanted to send one of our players off was sheer paranoia; Kranjcar was very lucky to remain on the pitch and there can be absolutely zero argument against Senderos' dismissal.

4 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Let.s be honest; how many,like me, thought he had retired? He was hopeless at QPR,criticised for being unfit and disinterested and I thought he had got his retirement fund there.

He wasn't even in the MLS when Warburton approached him, he was kicking about in the USA's second flight, playing for a novelty club that play at a college stadium. He was on a professional holiday.

I had high hopes for Kranjcar, but if we're being bluntly honest, he's looked unfit and against Premier League opposition, stretched and uncomfortable. Alarm bells began ringing when he lunged-in Senderos-style on Hamilton's wee ginger.

24 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

How on earth is that a brilliant post? I'd call it a childish view.

Kranjcar was knackered, hence the reason he was diving to the feet of the strolling Israeli and sticking a lazy leg out to clip Rogic, picking-up a yellow in the process.

Suggesting that Collum wanted to send one of our players off was sheer paranoia; Kranjcar was very lucky to remain on the pitch and there can be absolutely zero argument against Senderos' dismissal.

He was heading for a booking though.

40 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Don't laugh, you look stupid.

He was flying into tackles and hitting the deck because his legs had gone.

Don't post you look even worse. 

It's a strange perception of Krancjar. Once one person says his legs are gone then it becomes gospel. Hitting the deck because his legs had gone? Good argument that. Absolute nonsense.