• No
    • I don't know/Undecided

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, definitely.

He has help his hands up for the OF defeat, which after the dust has settled I'm willing to put down as a blip.

He plays the game in the correct way and I believe in his original values, but in order for us to get back on track he has to revert to the way we were playing and build our team around the system, not the system around the team. 

Player selection is going to be a massive factor if he is to improve our fortunes. Some of the bigger names need dropped and the squad used accordingly otherwise it could prove to be his downfall.

His remit wasn't just to build a successful first team asap, we're rebuilding the entire club under him. Unless Rangers fans can move on from the demand for instant gratification to allowing the patience for long term planning we're destined to face the same mistakes. If you can guarantee we'll continue the overhaul of philosophy and ideology throughout the club without MW then there's a debate, otherwise there is no chance I'd be interested in getting rid now.

Good on you for admitting calling for his head was wrong.

Mr Warburton has shown us nothing but loyalty and we should do the same, 

We all know that 2 quality centre halfs are needed with another decent one as back up then maybe Wilson but the rest have to be shown the door between the next two transfer windows and he needs cash to get these players.

Yes we were naive at 3-1 and 10 men we should have shut up shop instead of trying to get at them. 

Rob Kernian had a shocker, the pass for the second was criminal and when you've just conceded that could have been the end of it there but we bounced back and snatched one back on the break and the turning point for me was the McKay miss, he should have burst the net with that one.

Even at 4-1 I could not understand why big Wes was running to get the ball etc, play the game out ffs.

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

What? Halliday didn't start the game. and he's one of the players who should be starting the next. I think most people would have had Halliday on over Kranjcar. I agree that McKay could do with being benched. 

What's he done? Seriously, what impact has Halliday made in most of the games he has played in this season?

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Right, that's a few posts I've seen you make this morning where I've thought, "is Harvey Price a bluenose?"

Too much internet for you. Away back to bed.

I won't be going back to bed, but I'll be off here soon till this evening possibly. So you will have your wish soon enough!

Hate to post this but.

The defence should have been sorted out from January this year until the close of the  August transfer window and has been our main downfall all year.

All those midfield signings was a concern and as a result it seems worse than ever.

Since beating FC Sectarianism in April we have not played well since. 

The style of football is not penetrating the weakest of teams, is becoming frustrating to watch and our win ratio is suffering badly.

The fact the manager seems to stick by his chosen few and same strategy  makes me think this is all going downhill from here.

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

I haven't given up this fight yet! There's 3 things I'm still unsure about:

1. How the team will react this weekend and how MW will select said team.

2. How Celtic will cope coming back from European games.

3. How Celtic will cope when they have bad results and everything isn't sky high in the league and with Rogers etc there attack and goal scoring covers there own issues.

Something we should look to do avoid our shit defence by hammering teams but so far Warburton has picked the wrong players for wrong formation.

Halliday should have been one of the first names on the team-sheet on Saturday.

I don't think he's a great footballer and this season, he's been far from excellent, but he knows what is necessary to wn an Old Firm game and I'm of the opinion that you need someone in there who understands the occassion.

1 minute ago, The No.9 said:

I haven't given up this fight yet! There's 3 things I'm still unsure about:

1. How the team will react this weekend and how MW will select said team.

2. How Celtic will cope coming back from European games.

3. How Celtic will cope when they have bad results and everything isn't sky high in the league and with Rogers etc there attack and goal scoring covers there own issues.

Something we should look to do avoid our shit defence by hammering teams but so far Warburton has picked the wrong players for wrong formation.

I have to agree with the points you make about selection. Perhaps he is showing loyalty to players that is now wearing thin. We have alternatives that we didn't have last season, so hopefully he uses those.

I have my doubts, as many have said he is stubborn to the point where it could all back fire.

Last year where our squad choice wasnt as big we managed to get a fairly settle team and this year that has gone to pieces due to injuries etc.

He needs to find a settled team and be flexible with his formation as well. I felt during games last season we got over run in midfield and the same has happened this year with the step up. A midfield 3 will always struggle against a midfield 4 or at times 5 but he is not willing to change that.

Also everything is pre planned especially with the subs at 60 mins, if we are playing awful which we have been during the season he should be willing to make subs after 20 mins or at H/T but he persists till 60 mins

There are players there which if all fit which we are getting to will allow us to go on a good run which we need but if they dont then the league will be over by the time they come to Ibrox.

There were 2 pluses from Saturday for me and they were Windass and also Garner getting his goal which will be a weight off of his shoulders. hopefully they both play on Saturday along with the inclusion of MOH and Holt, we are crying out for pace.   

His misplaced faith in 2 players in particular are the biggest cause for concern. He'll never admit it but I think he's signed too many players in such a short period and gelling them together in that short space of time is not going to happen.  The approach mark warburton has means the squad needed a full preseason against lower quality sides then gradually raise it in time for August 6.

it never happened and everything seemed rushed like one minute were in the states the next were away at Motherwell in a league cup tie!!  If we don't get into Europe then next season I'd prefer to see the u20's play them games whilst the first team is fine tuning in games that are hard but not competitive.

i think we can win our next few games but it could possibly be longer to get the performances back to what they should be

do not accuse me of "the benefit of hindsight"

i stated on another pre O.F. thread that Halliday, Forrester and O,Halloran & Rossiter should have started. (before anybody checks i did not have Windass down to play) which was undoubtedly  an error on my part)

Forrester seems only able to play for 60mins, that would have been an ideal time to bring Kranjcar on. when he may have made a difference when players were tiring.

i suggested as going to Porkheid with a shaky defence we should have played 4-1-4-1.

i was extremely disappointed by Barton i thought he would have relished the game, but was very poor he should do his talking on the pitch and forget about his silly tweets.

of course Warburton wants us to play an expansive passing and high pressing game, but going away to Septic with those tactics with so many new players was naive.

i do however still have faith in the man, albeit he has certainly been guilty of failing to find at least one dominant C.B.

and this could prove his downfall.

the board, which i fully supported until now need to accept some blame for not having finances available to strengthen at C.B.

We all believed in him when he was first here the football was fast the passing was excellent and we created chance after chance, he still had that shaky defence but  we had the fittest hardest working team in the league and they all looked like they would die for each other.

We now look unfit and slow and he can't seem to motivate a team who don't give a fuck about playing for Rangers if we have not improved I'd bin him in January, sentiment wins you nothing in Football.

Not sure anymore, I think he's too stubborn to turn it around. At this point we aren't even playing the Warburton style of football and haven't been long before the latest transfer window. The high pressing game has been abandoned, the high tempo passing is gone. He's over analysed the problems at the back and compromised our play going forward as a result. What we needed was 2 average CB's with pace that were comfortable playing a high defensive line that can do the basics right. Instead what we got was two CB's signed who make Kiernan and Wilson look like olympic sprinters and every concession tactically to help the back four has gimped our attacking play.

The midfield is where the wheels have come off though. I don't think MW is ruthless enough to drop the big name players that just aren't compatible with the style of play MW wants. I think MW has to revert to midfielders that have shown they can play his brand of football. Any two from Holt, Forrester and Halliday in the front two of the midfeild three, maybe even McKay as the number 10. Rossiter has to be the DM, he may be inexperienced and will make mistakes but at least he has the physical attributes to play our style of football. I see Windass as more of an attacker than a midfielder, I would rather have him on one of the wings.

In short, MW should take a step back and remember the philosophy of football he admires so much and select a starting eleven that is more suited to delivering that brand of football. He needs to stop trying to solve the defensive problems with tactical changes that gimp our attacking play and solve it by signing defenders that have the pace to play comfortably in a high defensive line. If you can't find value for money in the lower English leagues then you need to cast your net further.

!'m seriously doubting it.

Other teams have sussed our style of play because tactically we only use one. All good managers have the ability to adapt and so far there is no evidence of his ability to do that. Add to that his inability to know what a decent defender is and he is doomed to failure.

I think also there is a lack of ambition from the board down. From Dave "lets share the titles " King to Mark "its only 3 points" Warburton. That's not what I want to be hearing. We are Rangers and we expect to win everything.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

So after only 5 games in the top flight and one of them being an Old Firm, he's under extreme pressure, I personally believe his team choice and game-plan was all wrong on Saturday and has been every game this season. 

I wrongly called for his head on Saturday though, as I do believe in him as a manager. I believe he knows how to play and knows how to win, he showed it last season with us and before that he done very well with Brentford. 

I'm no expert but I think he's been a bit naive, he probably thought this league was going to be easy enough to get through but the size of the challenge and the expectations of Rangers fans should now be evident and I fully expect to see a turnaround. 

We played those cunts at completely the wrong time, they're flying high, we're still trying to piece the jigsaw, Old Firm hammerings happen sometimes, it's all about how we bounce back now.

Based on the way the question is phrased I voted 'don't know' a Rangers manager has to win - I think this weekend has really shown him what is expected and he is an articulate, educated, professional who is taking a step up - he has all the personal tools to make it, he has what I think is a decent squad - and if he applies his knowledge and learning I genuinely think he will make it and we will know that by the end of the season. Far to early to make a decision tho' hence I don't know.

14 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

His misplaced faith in 2 players in particular are the biggest cause for concern. He'll never admit it but I think he's signed too many players in such a short period and gelling them together in that short space of time is not going to happen.  The approach mark warburton has means the squad needed a full preseason against lower quality sides then gradually raise it in time for August 6.

it never happened and everything seemed rushed like one minute were in the states the next were away at Motherwell in a league cup tie!!  If we don't get into Europe then next season I'd prefer to see the u20's play them games whilst the first team is fine tuning in games that are hard but not competitive.

i think we can win our next few games but it could possibly be longer to get the performances back to what they should be

Could this not happen now, let the U20's have their shot, we need pace.

Can't see him turning this around. Bottom line is he's a very inexperienced,naive manager making schoolboy errors. Hard to believe how many mistakes he made on Saturday and the only way to recover would be to ditch his philosophys  and therefore lose the respect of the players and fans.