Do you believe in Mark Warburton?

Gaz52

Do you believe in Mark Warburton?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the man to take us forward?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know/Undecided

So after only 5 games in the top flight and one of them being an Old Firm, he's under extreme pressure, I personally believe his team choice and game-plan was all wrong on Saturday and has been every game this season. 

I wrongly called for his head on Saturday though, as I do believe in him as a manager. I believe he knows how to play and knows how to win, he showed it last season with us and before that he done very well with Brentford. 

I'm no expert but I think he's been a bit naive, he probably thought this league was going to be easy enough to get through but the size of the challenge and the expectations of Rangers fans should now be evident and I fully expect to see a turnaround. 

We played those cunts at completely the wrong time, they're flying high, we're still trying to piece the jigsaw, Old Firm hammerings happen sometimes, it's all about how we bounce back now.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets back to his main principles yes.

A quick dynamic midfield 3. The high pressing. 

But accommodating big name players just because of who they are rather than  form should see him criticised. Ally was absolutely slaughtered for the same and I believe he should be too.

I really do like him. He's good to listen too and his outlook on the game is refreshing but before its too late I hope he starts to pick a high intensity midfield.

He also needs a settled front 3 bt due to injuries etc it's been pretty stop start. Sadly for him were he's been before winning 3 drawing 2 and losing 2 ain't terrible. Here it's a fucking disaster. Huge month ahead

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

If you'd given me second place and 2 cup runs at the start of the season I would have taken it.

I think many would have however if we drop 7 points every month and a half we could end up nearly 30 points behind many will not accept that.

He had my full backing until the abysmal end to the season and his signings this season followed by our terrible start. 

He seems incapable of picking the right team and seems blinded by the big names he signed, he has a lot to do to convince me he is the manager we need. 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think many would have however if we drop 7 points every month and a half we could end up nearly 30 points behind many will not accept that.

In all honesty 30 points behind the mHank's this season would probably still get us second place. I don't think we will finish that far behind them though!

I think he is the man to take us forward and I do believe in him. 

He needs to get back to basics in the midfield especially. We all know the defence is a horror show, that isn't gona change maybe Senderos will shore it up a bit but goals win you games and from the middle to front we've been so poor and slow. 

His midfield needs to be Barton/Rossiter Windass and Forrester. 

He needs to find the solution and fast or he won't last. I hope he does and if we get it right and go on a good 10-15 game run I'll start to believe again

His two biggest test so far, Scottish cup final and the mhanks in their midden have been a disaster, his summer signings have so far let him down and failure to sort out the defence issues have left me seriously doubting he has what it takes.  With the sheep and hearts away fixtures coming up in the next few weeks we'll soon find out what he's all about.. Seems to me though that he's lost his magic :disappointment:

Hope to fuck he proves me wrong

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

If he gets back to his main principles yes.

A quick dynamic midfield 3. The high pressing. 

But accommodating big name players just because of who they are rather than  form should see him criticised. Ally was absolutely slaughtered for the same and I believe he should be too.

I really do like him. He's good to listen too and his outlook on the game is refreshing but before its too late I hope he starts to pick a high intensity midfield.

He also needs a settled front 3 bt due to injuries etc it's been pretty stop start. Sadly for him were he's been before winning 3 drawing 2 and losing 2 ain't terrible. Here it's a fucking disaster. Huge month ahead

Good post mate, think you speak for most of us here, we need to see the high pressing back. I think Windass will be a huge player for us this season and hopefully when Holt returns, those two can have a good understanding 

Aye, I believe he’s the best man for us at this point in time.

But change needs to happen and fast, and as much as it pains me to say it, I’m hoping that the club will learn from the scum and take action asap. After we beat them in the semi, they punted their manager; spent big bucks to bring in a new manager; continued to spend big bucks on better players.

We need this defeat to be our watershed for us, we need King to get out his wallet; and Warburton to recognise his tactical failings and make adjustments. We can’t buy anyone for a few months but the scouting can happen now, so that leaves my main wish being Warburton having the guts to make the necessary changes.

If the above doesn’t happen then it could conceivably be a different manager this time next year.

He needs to be ruthless and courageous in his team selection- anyone playing in that side should be there on merit. He could start by dropping McKay and Halliday, and if they don't up their game the way Tavernier has taken his to a new level then they should spend longer on the sidelines. McKay is capable of a lot more than he is giving but he needs to add intensity and consistency to his game, the way he did for much of last season. It's time for Mark Warburton to make these tough decisions that may involve players being unhappy, but they should only be in the team on current form.