Worst start to a league season for 27yrs

j1mgg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Considering the last 4 years it's not exactly a surprise that we have had a poor start to the season.

Folk asking for heads to roll and banging on about investment need to get a fucking grip. 

Very short memories for some.

Don't talk pish.

We have invested millions into the side with record ST sales and have guys like Rossiter, Barton, Niko, Garner, Waghorn and so on in our side. Why should we not expect not to be winning against shite like Hamilton and Killie.

Short memories nothing, we are Rangers ffs.

Get a fucking grip

Just now, Dazzler said:

Considering the last 4 years it's not exactly a surprise that we have had a poor start to the season.

Folk asking for heads to roll and banging on about investment need to get a fucking grip. 

So King (and those responsible for him getting in) shouldn't be held to account?

Just now, The Godfather said:

Don't talk pish.

We have invest millions into the side with record ST sales and have guys like Rossiter, Barton, Niko, Garner, Waghorn and so on in our side. Why should we not expect not to be winning against shite like Hamilton and Killie.

Get a fucking grip

Nearly didn't have a fucking club to follow and we are finally back in the top league. What were your expectations? To be top of the league by now?

Expect to beat all teams in Scotland but obviously sometimes it doesn't happen.

Not going to get my knickers in a twist in September.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Nearly didn't have a fucking club to follow and we are finally back in the top league. What were your expectations? To be top of the league by now?

Expect to beat all teams in Scotland but obviously sometimes it doesn't happen.

Not going to get my knickers in a twist in September.

So we nearly went to the wall so we should just be happy to be here getting skelped and not competing.

Away to fuck :lol:

Maybe your standards have dropped to fuck all but mines and clearly others have not.

Things don't look too rosy but this is where the manager truly earns his dosh. Reading his reaction to papers etc I think it's made him angry and I hope the players which have not performed have been told in no uncertain terms what is required of them.

the performance levels of a few have dropped too low and I'm expecting 2-3 changes in the weekend that can set us up for a great run into new year 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

So we nearly went to the wall so we should just be happy to be here getting skelped and not competing.

Away to fuck :lol:

Maybe your standards have dropped to fuck all but mines and clearly others have not.

No we should be realistic. 

We have had better teams get beaten at the glitterdome and we have had poor starts to the season before.

This season was always going to be difficult. 

I'll ask you again, did you expect us to be top of the league by now?

Just now, loyalfollower said:

Things don't look too rosy but this is where the manager truly earns his dosh. Reading his reaction to papers etc I think it's made him angry and I hope the players which have not performed have been told in no uncertain terms what is required of them.

the performance levels of a few have dropped too low and I'm expecting 2-3 changes in the weekend that can set us up for a great run into new year 

The fact is, Warburton can only piss with the cock he's got. Do you really think that he wanted to be reduced to the likes of Senderos, Kranjcar etc.

He got no backing from King. Hands were tied for freebies and bargain basement signings.

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

No we should be realistic. 

We have had better teams get beaten at the glitterdome and we have had poor starts to the season before.

This season was always going to be difficult. 

I'll ask you again, did you expect us to be top of the league by now?

With our fixture list before the tims and a game in hand, yes.

46 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Doesn't matter how it's started. It's how it's finished that counts. 

Still 28 games to go, that means 84 points up for grabs. So we could end the league with 92 points at this moment providing we win every game. But we know that isn't happening. However Celtic having a flawless victory with the league won't happen either. The lads will need to sharpen up and get their shit sorted. and Mark Warburton will need to get the team selection right.

and even if we lose the league this season, as sore as that'd be. It'll happen eventually. and a loss can create more good than bad. Look at how well we bounced back after losing the championship. If we lose it then it would guarantee money would get spent. 

33 games still to go.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did the article mention that 27 years ago we won the league after that start? No, because it is what it is, a shit deflector after last night's bheggar result, the same tactic as every other time they get negative results something positive is spun for them.

Actually it did say we won by 7 points with the tims nowhere in sight

57 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I'd say it's a surprise, before Saturday the fixtures were pretty generous to us, starting with four wins was hardly an unrealistic expectation 

I expect to compete with cellic. I dont expect to get fuckin hammered.

I expect to beat teams like Hamilton and Kilmarnock

I dont expect to be spending a shaky 2nd half hanging on to a lead against teams like Dundee

I dont expect to be leaving it till stoppage time to beat teams like motherwell.

Not to much to ask is it?

3 hours ago, j1mgg said:

BBC gossip

Rangers have made their worst start to a league season for 27 years, with Mark Warburton's side having taken only eight points from their first five Scottish Premiership games, leaving them with a goal difference of -2.

Lies we had 8 points from 5 games and were 7 behind Celtic on the helicopter Sunday season

AND WE WON THE LEAGUE

Sad act story to cover the humping of the unwashed, 5 games in and we're taking about heads rolling FFS, given where we've been over the last 4 years, I can't some of the pish that's written in here, let's wait a little bit longer before writing about sacking and fucking capitulation WATP

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

The fact is, Warburton can only piss with the cock he's got. Do you really think that he wanted to be reduced to the likes of Senderos, Kranjcar etc.

He got no backing from King. Hands were tied for freebies and bargain basement signings.

He still got the best of what he could and there's no doubt in my mind he thought kranjcar is more than capable or else he wouldn't have signed him.

the fact of the matter is the club is being run on season ticket sales alone. This is why warburton was brought in

Why do people post about it on here and then complain that the story has been put out there to deflect or cause unrest? Here's a novel idea: don't fucking read it, don't draw attention to it, don't post about it, don't go looking for this kind of shit, don't make a thread about it... And maybe then you shall cease to fan the flames of your own self-fulfilling prophecies.

Is it really that difficult?

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Don't talk pish.

We have invested millions into the side with record ST sales and have guys like Rossiter, Barton, Niko, Garner, Waghorn and so on in our side. Why should we not expect not to be winning against shite like Hamilton and Killie.

Get a fucking grip

Its straight from the King playbook that we should accept second best at Rangers.