Edmiston House

wearethepeople1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...

Edmiston House is a strange one. I've heard suggstions of it being converted into a museum, but I believe we have sufficient history inside the stadium. It's too big to be a superstore, too, I think. That would be a waste. It used to be a pub/bar type idea, didn't it?

I'm out of ideas when it comes to it, but sitting there empty isn't doing anyone any favours.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Interesting...

Edmiston House is a strange one. I've heard suggstions of it being converted into a museum, but I believe we have sufficient history inside the stadium. It's too big to be a superstore, too, I think. That would be a waste. It used to be a pub/bar type idea, didn't it?

I'm out of ideas when it comes to it, but sitting there empty isn't doing anyone any favours.

We can't afford to develop it. 

If we could you could get the club shop, small museum and match day fan zone in there. Move the ticket office into the current club shop and finally get rid of those portacabins. 

The club could turn it in to something productive and profit making, I like the idea of a bar with bay seating, private lounges and a restaurant. Big screens for pre/post match entertainment. Doubt they will however.

I read somewhere it's a fucking mess inside and would almost be better knocking it down and starting again so the sign of banners isn't really filling me with much hope, literally papering over the cracks if anything as mentioned above.

12 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

We've done no building/repair work at EH. I'm not an expert but if it's opening as a museum or something I'd probably be starting somewhere other than banners. 

Something must be happening although what is another question. Last week they were cutting away all the weeds and stuff outside it. Maybe just temporarily moving the ticket off?

19 minutes ago, weejoseph said:

Lionbrand Megastore. This way the fat man never sees another penny and Rangers profit big time (tu) 

ew get tae fuck. if king thinks we're gonna be buying that pishy stuff then he has another thing coming. i will never buy another top again.

Think the signs going up are for a fan zone football thing at weekend they did last home game pointless. 

Ive heard it was going to be superstore and the one just now would be the new ticket office. I think a bar type sports bar thing for pre and after match be great idea and good revenue for club. And sure king likes to use other people's money just not his own

I remember reading the cost to convert it to anything would be prohibitive due to the asbestos that needs clearing (of course that may be a vicious rumour).

I have always liked the idea of a club museum but not sure I want our treasures placed in that building without substantial security upgrades, again coming to a sizeable chuck I would imagine.

We do need to move the ticket office but the only way that happens is if we do up EH and give us flexibility & I think there are more urgent matters to attend to right now.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We can't afford to develop it. 

If we could you could get the club shop, small museum and match day fan zone in there. Move the ticket office into the current club shop and finally get rid of those portacabins. 

FFS, we can't afford a half decent central defender. That's for demolishing or sold off to TLT for a pound.