Press conferences - Warburton and Windass

Guest Lloyd72

12 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It's almost as if some fans are sort of wanting him gone already.   Getting all flustered because of 5 games.  Mind you I can remember a lot of fans wanting shot of Walter at the panathinaikos home game in 2008 simply because he picked Dan cousin when he wanted to leave.  A lot of the fans are like children.  

We need to build a team blah blah blah, we want to see forward planning and so on and so on.

all the Rangers fans want to do is moan moan and moan.  With guardiola many would pick holes in his team.  It's high time you were thankful for a decent manager albeit he's still learning but he's not highly regarded in England for nothing.  Support the man ffs

Those who are constantly wanting him to slate the squad would probably be praising his positivity this time a year ago.

Yes the result against the scum was hurtful and embarrassing, but what would be the point in Warburton moping about it? His job is to motivate the players and ensure they play to their potential.

Yes Warburton should've signed better centre halfs (I'm still not convinced he had any real quality options, but that's another argument), but we are where we are. Again there's no point in moping about it.

I don't care what anybody says. For the level we're at we have a top quality manager. I really hope all the dour faced bastards constantly getting on his back are made to eat their words.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Mark showing  signs of pressure and have noticed he's not a fan of criticism.  Great to see he can defend himself but this has been a long honeymoon period and if he thinks he's had some criticism up till now then he'd better swap his magic hat for a tin one should he struggle to win next three games.Also spend less time on tempo and more time on defensive drills.

who is? nobody likes being critisised. MW has had a fairly easy time of it up till now. He is feeling the heat that any manager of the old firm would feel if they got hammered by their rivals - the last cellic manager lost his job within days of the semi defeat to us, so that heat is not just applied to Rangers managers. It goes with the territory.

The negativity up here is because of the bias against Rangers which is based in jealousy and sectarianism and MW isn't going to change that so he best just get the head down and on with the job at hand - which he seems to be doing. Harping on about how shite the scottish media are week in, week out, wont do him any favours. Lets just get a decent team out on Saturday that can run and pass the ball akin to what we had last year and get a good solid performance and result and build from there.

Love to know what happens at these analysis sessions, when we make the same mistakes just about every week.

I like the gaffer and i like his footballing ideals and ethos, but unless he starts picking the correct personnell to carry out the plan he is going to find himself under increased pressure.

32 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Hope it starts this weekend m8, an emphatic win with good football.

It NEEDS to start this weekend. If points are dropped, he might think the mhedia are cunts now, they will turn on him like rhabid dogs and hound him out of Scotland, far less us voicing our dissatisfaction. They know he plays them and they don't have an answer to it. We drop points and go further down the league, it will be all the excuse they need.

13 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Those who are constantly wanting him to slate the squad would probably be praising his positivity this time a year ago.

Yes the result against the scum was hurtful and embarrassing, but what would be the point in Warburton moping about it? His job is to motivate the players and ensure they play to their potential.

Yes Warburton should've signed better centre halfs (I'm still not convinced he had any real quality options, but that's another argument), but we are where we are. Again there's no point in moping about it.

I don't care what anybody says. For the level we're at we have a top quality manager. I really hope all the dour faced bastards constantly getting on his back are made to eat their words.

The guys wanting him to slate the team would then say he shouldnt have done that and he cant take the pressure, lost the dressing room etc 

Canny believe the amount of cunts on this forum still slating MW. Give it time, when we have Windass, Crooks, Waghorn etc fully fit and you will see his team playing the way we can. Think everybody needs to put last week behind them and be positive again, keep going on a Saturday and hopefully in time it will come good.

1 hour ago, Gandhi1872 said:

I haven't watched the press conference yet so don't know exactly what he said but this was in Ralston's piece in the record the other day:

'MARK WARBURTON has six weeks to pull a rabbit out his magic hat or the hare is running on his long-term future as Rangers boss.

Sorry Mark but even your go-to guys at talkSPORT would struggle to put a positive spin on the embarrassment that unfolded for your team at Celtic Park on Saturday afternoon.'

Bitter arseholes.  Ban the cunts

6 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

Canny believe the amount of cunts on this forum still slating MW. Give it time, when we have Windass, Crooks, Waghorn etc fully fit and you will see his team playing the way we can. Think everybody needs to put last week behind them and be positive again, keep going on a Saturday and hopefully in time it will come good.

Windass was the only good player on Saturday and we played shite.

Crooks - have you even seen him play?

Waghorn will make a difference when back in the side .. I think (hope?)

Just now, K.A.I said:

Probably sound like a right dick but I'm not even interested in watching that. Fed up hearing him spout the same shite no matter how eloquently he puts it.

I'm glad Kiernan is out injured. Don't care how that even sounds.

Wee bit worried about you mate. You seem to be on one hell of a downer..What will get your MOJO back as regards Rangers..??..

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

Wee bit worried about you mate. You seem to be on one hell of a downer..What will get your MOJO back as regards Rangers..??..

Nothing is good about us at the moment mate. Going on an unbeaten run including beating the rapists on Hogmany is the only way out of this.

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

who is? nobody likes being critisised. MW has had a fairly easy time of it up till now. He is feeling the heat that any manager of the old firm would feel if they got hammered by their rivals - the last cellic manager lost his job within days of the semi defeat to us, so that heat is not just applied to Rangers managers. It goes with the territory.

The negativity up here is because of the bias against Rangers which is based in jealousy and sectarianism and MW isn't going to change that so he best just get the head down and on with the job at hand - which he seems to be doing. Harping on about how shite the scottish media are week in, week out, wont do him any favours. Lets just get a decent team out on Saturday that can run and pass the ball akin to what we had last year and get a good solid performance and result and build from there.

Sir Alex loved criticism ,so he could react aggressively while both  defending and inspiring  his players, spinning a negative into a positive. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Nothing is good about us at the moment mate. Going on an unbeaten run including beating the rapists on Hogmany is the only way out of this.

Whenever I got on a major downer if Rangers had only drew a match ( I was 7 or 8 at the time)...My Grandad would look at me..Smile and say..."your doing more worrying than the bloody manager..and no matter what..It could be worse..YOU COULD BE A TAIG..!!"...That never really worked but it would make me Grateful that I was Chosen to be a Rangers Supporter and as one I can always hold my head up high...Just for that FACT ALONE..

I am not telling you how to act or feel..I'm only suggesting you remember you have been CHOSEN..You Support Rangers..You Love Rangers..

Times have been hard..and last Saturday was sore..But it's onwards and upwards..

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Instead of all the "good training" pish, I rather he said I've studied Ross C and we have a plan, he talks about the Scottish media being negative, that's because Scottish Football is shite.

I really want him to do well but he doesn't seem to understand the game up here

The Scottish media have tried to corner him last 18 months with their negativity without him uttering a sentence against them  and he chooses a 5-1 thrashing to come out and state this .

Interesting 

21 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

Think you'll find "cunts "are in kerrydale, just bears with opinions.

Before taig game.

Talksport - Unbeaten. Good start to the season.

Scottish media - Draw with kilmarnock. Not good enough. Poor start.

I can see why you prefer the positive spin Mr Warburton but for once I'd suggest the Scottish version of events more accurately reflects the opinion of the fans. 

You can't choose how the media report on you but you can focus on delivering results that will force positive press. I understand we will still have to deal with bullshit negative press for non football related things but don't give them that extra ammunition.

Naivety showing once more. Although that aside I thought he spoke well.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Instead of all the "good training" pish, I rather he said I've studied Ross C and we have a plan, he talks about the Scottish media being negative, that's because Scottish Football is shite.

I really want him to do well but he doesn't seem to understand the game up here

Understands the game, doesn't understand the media, does anyone?

3 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

You know what I'm going to do? Remind you WHEN it comes good. For now and the foreseeable he and the team get my support. Wish you could be the same.

Settle down mate - you've misinterpreted my post 

read again and understand the concept of the word 'if' then you might understand my point ?