Joey sent home

scottjf82

Wouldn't surprise me if he's feeling embarrassed as fuck after all his talk before the season started about how he'll run the game up here. We all know by now including himself that he underestimated the challenge in Scotland. He's put unnecessary pressure on himself and add the media, fans of other teams having a go and Saturday's result I'm not surprised he's blew his top. 

I'll wait to see the reasons for him being sent home first but I see no problem if a players honest with his team-mates about their performances if it's done in a constructive way. If he's waddled in late for example giving it out like a grade A prick and going in to reckless challenges in training then rightly so he's been sent home. 

IF we can get the performances out him that he put in with Burnley then we'll have a great player. Not one in my eyes that will start as I see Rossiter being the better option for how we play but it would never hurt to have him for cup games/rotation and times we're holding on in tricky away ties.

All this "get him to fuck" chat is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction in my opinion. We don't know the full story. YES he's been shite. UTTER shite at that but he's been in a non-functional midfield and is 1 month into a 2 year career here. He might still come good and add something to our squad in the future. Hopefully anyway. 

Just now, The Dude said:

There's almost always a little bit of truth in everything they report, it's the way it's reported.

The basis of a story is 99% of the time true. The arms and legs it grows is 99% of the time bollocks.

5 minutes ago, derekweir29 said:

Taking it with a pinch of salt every team has barnies and arguments.

The so called media may be shit stirring and all being blown out of proportion as per. Won't believe until I read an official statement from the club and manager.

club statement: bartons a bawbag

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The basis of a story is 99% of the time true. The arms and legs it grows is 99% of the time bollocks.

Exactly this. Sometimes it's as simple as the outlook they attach to it. Wee example from earlier today. BBC headline from MW press conference "Warbuton blasts 'negative' press", My headline "Rangers must, and will, do better". Same presser, same quotes, totally different stories.

55 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Is it just me or has haliday turned into a world beater since he's been dropped? 

He was pish for ages 

And he will never be good enough for this league, far less taking us to a title. He has the endeavour, at times, but that's it.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

And he will never be good enough for this league, far less taking us to a title. He has the endeavour, at times, but that's it.

Edit: Apologies I thought we were talking about Barton at first.

Halliday for me is too inconsistent but when he plays to his ability he's good enough.

Hopefully when he returns to the team,The players move forward quickly and start using that aggression on the pitch.Maybe barton should have walloped a few opposition players last saturday and let the steam out,At least he would have went home in style, The players know they are not doing good enough,And The aggression has arisen on the training field , Maybe this will lead to passion on the field.