Joey sent home

scottjf82

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well, there's the team. Take your pick. Who gets the armband?

I would have gave it to Barton at the time as he seems the most vocal and at the time played well.

Reason 1: Warburton invested a lot in him and wants him to mentor the squad and give them experience. seems a daft reason now right enough but i cant see into the future.

Does call into question my firm belief that a Rangers captain should earn it though.:541:

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

No player should just walk into being Captain at Rangers, that's the Problem we have with Warburton and PLG they don't realise the significance or Honour it is to Captain Rangers and hand it out like its a prize for Failure.

It's like Yesterday with nobody died comment he doesn't get it for me.

How has Warburton just handed it out like its a prize for failure? :lol:

Go back to the beginning of last season and I'm pretty sure people were complaining about how long it took him to pick his captain even though he said he was taking his time because he understood how significant a role it is and how he wanted to make sure he got it right.

As things stand Wallace is captain and Miller is vice captain but neither of them played in that game. Somebody had to be captain and when you look at the team that night it was only ever going to be Tav or Kiernan.

I think you are making a far bigger deal of it than it actually was purely to try and draw a parallel that isn't even there.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I would have gave it to Barton at the time as he seems the most vocal and at the time played well.

Reason 1: Warburton invested a lot in him and wants him to mentor the squad and give them experience. seems a daft reason now right enough but i cant see into the future.

So you would be happy handing it to a player who had barely been in the door for five minutes?

Who's the one looking to hand it out like its a prize for failure now? :pipe:

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Does call into question my firm belief that a Rangers captain should earn it though.

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

No player should just walk into being Captain at Rangers, that's the Problem we have with Warburton and PLG they don't realise the significance or Honour it is to Captain Rangers and hand it out like its a prize for Failure.

It's like Yesterday with nobody died comment he doesn't get it for me.

Joey Barton in his third? Rangers appearance.

And no player should just walk into being Rangers captain.

Except Joey Barton after three Rangers appearances.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How has Warburton just handed it out like its a prize for failure? :lol:

Go back to the beginning of last season and I'm pretty sure people were complaining about how long it took him to pick his captain even though he said he was taking his time because he understood how significant a role it is and how he wanted to make sure he got it right.

As things stand Wallace is captain and Miller is vice captain but neither of them played in that game. Somebody had to be captain and when you look at the team that night it was only ever going to be Tav or Kiernan.

I think you are making a far bigger deal of it than it actually was purely to try and draw a parallel that isn't even there.

But he picked Wallace who at the time i stated was a poor choice for Captain as he was not Vocal enough,  Kiernan fucks up every game and gets the Captaincy to me it sends the wrong signal.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So you would be happy handing it to a player who had barely been in the door for five minutes?

Who's the one looking to hand it out like its a prize for failure now?

My reason was stated above if you think a bit its a decent reason Warburton wanted a leader on the Pitch so he went and got Barton to mentor and get the best out the players on the Pitch.

I can see it kills my point re-Captaincy but stand by it.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Seems a bit childish asking for opinions then binning someone who gives them.

Sound like someone as spat the dummy out. Why did they ask for opinions if they can't take the answers? Sounds like Barton may have got a bit sweary in his replies as to why plan A isn't working and settling for 2nd best. I think the boss will sack him. Barton genuinely sounded upset on that interview about being banished for giving his views.

I was surprised when JB wasn't given the armband that game but considering his choices I think MW thought he was doing the right thing taking RK's 50th match into his thoughts and  that it might have done RK good, though that has clearly backfired. He might have even talked about it to JB beforehand. Anyway, we all make mistakes and that would only be a minor one. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Joey Barton in his third? Rangers appearance.

And no player should just walk into being Rangers captain.

Except Joey Barton after three Rangers appearances.

You know i also explained this in my above post.

You give the poorest player on the pitch the Captaincy what do the other players think?

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

I was surprised when JB wasn't given the armband that game but I think MW thought he was doing the right thing taking RK's 50th match into his thoughts and  that it might have done RK good, though that has clearly backfired. He might have even talked about it to JB beforehand. Anyway, we all make mistakes and that would only be a minor one. 

That's what i thought he gave him it to give him a lift but he's still a very poor player.

Nobody would have moaned if Barton at the time was given the Captaincy most Cringed at Kiernan getting it.

By the sounds of that interview he's had strong words with Warburton.

Another important thing to remember is that Joey has moved his family up here, which obviously means re-schooling his son etc. when he could've easily stayed at Burnley and earned a higher wage at the same time. He'll be desperate to stay here.

Just now, BF2 said:

Another important thing to remember is that Joey has moved his family up here, which obviously means re-schooling his son etc. when he could've easily stayed at Burnley and earned a higher wage at the same time. He'll be desperate to stay here.

Fair enough but he'll obviously need to compromise a bit in that case 

1 minute ago, BF2 said:

Has Warburton moved his Family up here yet.? He knew what he was getting in Barton so can hardly expect him to keep quiet.