Joey sent home

scottjf82

I'd rather see rossiter, holt and windass as our middle 3 with Halliday filling in where required. 

Barton has had a great career (in his own mind) in reality, he's average. Which would be fine for the standard we play at but he's also an attention seeking cunt. So he can fuck off back to whatever nondescript championship team will take him. 

Stupid signing.

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'd rather see rossiter, holt and windass as our middle 3 with Halliday filling in where required. 

Barton has had a great career (in his own mind) in reality. He's average. Which would be fine for the standard we play at. But he's also an attention seeking cunt. So he can fuck off back to whatever nondescript championship team will take him. 

Stupid signing.

:lol::lol:, You do not play in the Premier league for around 10 years of your career by being average, if he was average would Burnley have wanted him last season? Far from a stupid signing, this is another thing I don't get, people saying Warburtons signings have been stupid. Any sane person would have jumped at the chance to sign a player like Barton, and how anyone can judge all 11 signings after less than a month of football I do not know.

6 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

:lol::lol:, You do not play in the Premier league for around 10 years of your career by being average, if he was average would Burnley have wanted him last season? Far from a stupid signing, this is another thing I don't get, people saying Warburtons signings have been stupid. Any sane person would have jumped at the chance to sign a player like Barton, and how anyone can judge all 11 signings after less than a month of football I do not know.

I didn't judge all 11 signings did I? I judged one. 

Thankfully it'll all be over tomorrow and we'l be rid of him. 

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Sunday times reporting that he was explicitly told to keep a low profile following the bust up and then went on to do the talk sport interview. This did not go down well and they are saying there is no way back for him and are saying it's either a potential sacking for misconduct or some form of payoff.

either way reconciliation looks to not be on the cards.

Not that anyone listened but I said that any sending home for a week would come with explicit instructions not to do what he went and did anyway. 

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Barton would have a case for constructive dismissal. the club has allowed or deliberately leaked the story. Only a small group of people knew about this all rangers employees.  They could only hope his contract will be terminated by mutual consent after him being publicly vilified. 

Yes. That is one possibility. Or another is that he leaked it himself to allow him to justify a twitter and Talksport outing and manufacture an exit.

1 minute ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

I'd be embarrassed if we sacked him.

They won't sack him. But there will be a parting of company. 

He could've said nothing and kept his mouth shut and went in tomorrow and worked hard. 

Intead, true to form he acted like the gobby, attention seeking, little scouse that cunt he is. 

I say we should terminate his contract tonight, end this fuckin embarrassment right here right now. Ever since he was signed there's been a loss of focus on and off the field.. Reminiscent of Diouf but at least he performed and we won the league. The prick thinks he's an intellect but I think hes a fucking mascot who has brought darkness and shame over the accomplishments of our team and management last season. Fuck him.

Just now, evenstevens said:

Why? 

The whole situation has been poorly managed and the fact that he's released a version of events and the club have not even dismissed his story, let alone released our side would make it look like he's been released for reacting too aggressively during an analysis of an embarrassing defeat to our biggest rivals.

Sacking a player for being too passionate. Never heard of it in my life.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

The whole situation has been poorly managed and the fact that he's released a version of events and the club have not even dismissed his story, let alone released our side would make it look like he's been released for reacting too aggressively during an analysis of an embarrassing defeat to our biggest rivals.

Sacking a player for being too passionate. Never heard of it in my life.

I thought that's what you would say. Your whole reason is based on the assumption JBs version is accurate. To be fair, we haven't heard to the contrary but that's because employers are typically more careful. 

If you believe that JB was sent home for being too passionate and ruffling some feathers then we are miles apart on why this has all kicked off in the 1st place bud ?

Just now, evenstevens said:

I thought that's what you would say. Your whole reason is based on the assumption JBs version is accurate. To be fair, we haven't heard to the contrary but that's because employers are typically more careful. 

If you believe that JB was sent home for being too passionate and ruffling some feathers then we are miles apart on why this has all kicked off in the 1st place bud ?

None of us are experts on the matter. We can only go on the information we've been given and so far it's all came from Barton's side.

The club could quite easily release a statement on the matter but they have chosen not to and I'm willing to bet that, even if we do release him tomorrow, any statement we release still won't give any details of what really happened.

For me, that all points to Barton's story not being too far from the truth. It's just been a poorly managed situation that has been blown way out of proportion.