O'Halloran

ready1873

Honestly, imho any time I have seen him so far he has been one of the best players upfront. He is the quickest player at the club, one of the most direct and nearly always hits the byline to hit a low quick ball across goal which as we have seen works, He is a more dangerous player than miller. Bar scoring the odd goal miller for me contributes nothing as he is too slow has a poor touch and can never get past a player, same for mckay as he has pretty much done eff all this season, he has pace but hardly ever uses it, don't get me wrong I rate mckay but so far this season he has not been up to standards.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ianferguson said:

MOH should have started the tim game . Since the day we signed him I've thought he's a different option and have always seen him as a guy who's pace and power would guarantee him a game at girodome, where he would get space to run into and also he's hurt the tims plenty times for St Johnstone. The problem now is that most games Rangers play is against packed defences and imo he doesn't have the attributes to open them up and he's struggled badly most times he's played at Ibrox in particular. Hope I'm wrong but with few exceptions he's not looked gers class though as mentioned his saving grace might be our away games, especially against the sheep and the hertz.

Totally agree mate. I ran that past a couple weeks ago after the Linfield game. For some reason, Warburton doesn't seem to rate him, and sees him as an impact sub only. He hardly gets a sniff, even though McKay has been really poor this season. If he could just improve his final ball into the box, he will be some player for us - if he gets a chance that is! Really hope he plays today from the start.

10 hours ago, magichat54 said:

A fantastic player with so much speed and can run past players easy and is a goal threat, not as lethal as waggy, tav, miller. 

I think MW is right to bring him on in the 60+ mins for forester, windass or kranjcar if they out of gas or not playing well. 

If kranjcar can last 60 you mean...

18 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Honestly, imho any time I have seen him so far he has been one of the best players upfront. He is the quickest player at the club, one of the most direct and nearly always hits the byline to hit a low quick ball across goal which as we have seen works, He is a more dangerous player than miller. Bar scoring the odd goal miller for me contributes nothing as he is too slow has a poor touch and can never get past a player, same for mckay as he has pretty much done eff all this season, he has pace but hardly ever uses it, don't get me wrong I rate mckay but so far this season he has not been up to standards.

Have been wondering that myself mate re Mckay. He's definitely lost his way a bit. And it's no coincidence that Wallace has had a poor start too. The link-up play was terrific between them last season. It's just not clicking into place for them so far though.

He should have been in since the first game of the season. He was our most effective player in pre-season, and importantly gives us another dimension. Technically he isn't a Warburton type player, his first touch and passing at times are poor but we've been playing a more direct style this season which he would have suited. If your the fastest guy on the pitch you don't need to be the most technically gifted. Him and Tav on the right would be almost impossible to defend against, and if the manager can't see that it's a major concern.

1 minute ago, yermaw145 said:

He has pace, but he can't beat a man like McKay can, should be played through the middle but alas! with our fannying about with the ball for half an hour as our preferred "Plan A" - he'd never get a touch 

Tbh, mckay hardly ever beats his man even though he can, MOH does it more often than not as he is that rapid, Mckay has other parts to his game though that MOH doesn't have

13 hours ago, trueblueal said:

He doesn't have the trust of the manager IMO. Form dictates he should have played more often but the gaffer won't hang his hat on MOH delivering when it matters

Shame he's been hanging it on the Shitey starting team every week. MW can be wrong and imo he is wrong by leaving MOH out 

13 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I could not disagree more with this statement but respect your opinion. MOH for me does not hide, when you see him live he is always asking for the ball and making dangerous runs it's just Tav always seems to look to pass inside when MOH makes runs but when he does find him and MOH runs at players then he can take on 3/4 at a time and has pace to beat any fullback. If given a chance he will be a massive asset to our team he just needs to work on his finishing and decision making. Tavernier at RW would be a bad idea mate for the simple fact he is meant to be getting forward as much as he does what people in our support don't seem able to grasp is how hard it is to mark an attacking fullback out of a game compared to marking a winger, his late runs from RB give him space to run at players and without that he wouldn't get the 40 goal contributions he did last year imo.

Agreed mate. But can't help noticing how often you put 'imo' in your posts :lol: your bang on about Tav tho. He is the best attacking full back in the country and there is no point in changing it 

4 hours ago, alistairr_1 said:

Always seems to look lovely without having much of an impact on the game.  Struggles to beat a man, and to be honest struggles to keep the ball in the park at times.  Technically not good enough

Lively** 

eyes too close together to look lovely

Might be that he's not trained well enough to interest MW in playing him as much, might also be that MW is taking a little bit more care over him because he is a young lad.

Could be many reasons for it, but none of us really know. So to make rash conclusions out of him not being played is a bit meat headed.

I think he's got something to offer but I wouldn't have him in our front three at this time, I like the look of McKay, Garner, Waghorn.

Its not easy, but MOH will need to have an impact off the bench, probably more than once, and produce something that demands a starting spot ahead of the others. For now he's a valued impact player. 

6 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Died in the wool catholic scum fans is what they are and should never have been signed.

I just love the big smile on OHallorans face every time he wears our shirt............

So neil mccann should never have been signed either?

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Don't start yer pish , the guy is fuckin garbage. Agree McKay was poor again though.

I'm not saying he played well either because he was shit but he offers far more than McKay right now and should be starting ahead of him.