O'Halloran

ready1873

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So poor. 

If you watch Forrester and then MoH the difference is frightening for players playing the same position. Forrester shows passion, work rate, desire and has the skill and pace to match. 

MOH on the other hand looks extremely disinterested, cannot link up well with his teammates and got bullied off the ball a few times tonight. 

Prime example when the ball came into the box in the first half and he just looked at it. You stick Forrester, Halliday or Garner in there and they get to the ball and score at any cost. His heart just isn't in it

Many goals did forrester create ??

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Inigo said:

How many assists did Forrester get today?

Forrester is overrated because he runs about alot. He has good energy but too frequently makes poor decisions, has poor shots and makes a mess of passes he shouldn't. Needs to improve.

It doesn't matter just about today. 

Forrester links up well, tracks back and shows a bit of passion and has chipped in with a couple of goals. His technical ability is extremely good, though he probably has to work on his shooting granted.

MoH looks disinterested. I don't have anything against the guy but I don't think he has the heart for it, nor does he fit into the team well. Watching him for ST J and it is clear there is a player there whose strengths are counter attacking football. 

90% of teams we face stifle us and he finds it hard to deal with it

Just now, psb07158 said:

I liked the positions Crooks was taking up - he looks like another good prospect plus he looks fucking huge. 

Thought he looked pretty mobile though. I had visions of him being a big stiff central ball player but he showed he's got more to his game than I thought 

Just now, psb07158 said:

I liked the positions Crooks was taking up - he looks like another good prospect plus he looks fucking huge. 

Yup. Looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet for a big guy. 

Football cliches number 137. :craphead:

True, but.

2 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Gets two assists and still gets slagged off, he can't win. And it's 2016, who gives a fuck what religion he is. He clearly didn't when he signed for us.

It's bizarre how grown men care about whether the guy smiles when he sets a goal up or that his middle name is Francis then complain about sectarianism. Honkin patter.

2 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Thought he looked pretty mobile though. I had visions of him being a big stiff central ball player but he showed he's got more to his game than I thought 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yup. Looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet for a big guy. 

Football cliches number 137. :craphead:

True, but.

Looks promising guys. Tin hat firmly on, he's almost a replica of Biton who they were claiming is worth £10m using Lawell's calculator. 

Let's hope the guy can get himself fully fit and has as big an impact as Windass has had.

1 minute ago, Clarkyyy said:

The same championship team forrester was playing .. ?

Yes. My whole point is the difference in attitude and desire between the two. He could've stuck his head on the line and got to the ball before the keeper in the first half. If it was Forrester, Halliday or Garner they get to the ball first and its a goal. 

I don't have anything against him, IMO his heart isn't in it, neither is he mentally. That's what seperates normal footballers to being able to handle playing for Rangers, the mentality

2 assists will do for me,I would play him Sunday against the sheep because least the sheep will attack us and leave space unlike 90% of teams will play!

good little confidence boost for team before Sunday,I know was only qos but seemed to have abit more tempo about our play and closed down opposition a lot quicker!more of the same Sunday please ??

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Yes. My whole point is the difference in attitude and desire between the two. He could've stuck his head on the line and got to the ball before the keeper in the first half. If it was Forrester, Halliday or Garner they get to the ball first and its a goal. 

I don't have anything against him, IMO his heart isn't in it, neither is he mentally. That's what seperates normal footballers to being able to handle playing for Rangers, the mentality

Harry Forrester should have been sent off tonight...but you'd rather have him in the team so he can throw himself around like that? 

That's twice this season he should have been off and has been lucky. If it happens in a game like the one v the Sheep on Sunday, it will cost is dearly.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

It's one game against a championship team... 

So you're surely going to criticise Forrester for not even being able to make one assist against a Championship team?

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It doesn't matter just about today. 

Forrester links up well, tracks back and shows a bit of passion and has chipped in with a couple of goals. His technical ability is extremely good, though he probably has to work on his shooting granted.

MoH looks disinterested. I don't have anything against the guy but I don't think he has the heart for it, nor does he fit into the team well. Watching him for ST J and it is clear there is a player there whose strengths are counter attacking football. 

90% of teams we face stifle us and he finds it hard to deal with it

Yeah, that's what I said. He runs about alot and has energy. Much of his end product is poor, though. Showed that again today too often.

MOH doesn't look disinterested. It's just the way he carries himself and his natural body language. People just interpret it that way because of his background.

OH worker pretty well today and at the end of the day provided more where it mattered. Needs more game time to see if he can be consistantly effective and probably warrants it given how inept others have been recently.

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So poor. 

If you watch Forrester and then MoH the difference is frightening for players playing the same position. Forrester shows passion, work rate, desire and has the skill and pace to match. 

MOH on the other hand looks extremely disinterested, cannot link up well with his teammates and got bullied off the ball a few times tonight. 

Prime example when the ball came into the box in the first half and he just looked at it. You stick Forrester, Halliday or Garner in there and they get to the ball and score at any cost. His heart just isn't in it

Forrester needs to learn to stop being so fucking greedy and realise it's about the team not just him 

7 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

I agree mate, bring back Lafferty and Naismith and maybe we can ask Andy to get his best mate Scott to sign as I've heard he's staunch as fuck.

I still keep hoping we could shoehorn shuggie burns into the formation.

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

Forrester needs to learn to stop being so fucking greedy and realise it's about the team not just him 

Yup. That's what I mean about bad choices. That and where sometimes he makes stupid wee low percentage flick passes when it should be the easy ball.

Don't get me wrong, I like the boy, but he needs to learn a bit in some aspects.

Just now, Inigo said:

Yup. That's what I mean about bad choices. That and where sometimes he makes stupid wee low percentage flick passes when it should be the easy ball.

Don't get me wrong, I like the boy, but he needs to learn a bit in some aspects.

I like him to he has passion,comfortable on ball etc but he gets into really good positions and either takes one to many touches or takes a shoot when players in better positions!

if he sorts his decisions making out he would be a cracking wee player!

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

So you're surely going to criticise Forrester for not even being able to make one assist against a Championship team?

Yeah, that's what I said. He runs about alot and has energy. Much of his end product is poor, though. Showed that again today too often.

MOH doesn't look disinterested. It's just the way he carries himself and his natural body language. People just interpret it that way because of his background.

OH worker pretty well today and at the end of the day provided more where it mattered. Needs more game time to see if he can be consistantly effective and probably warrants it given how inept others have been recently.

Sorry it's just my opinion. He lacks the heart. Not saying he is a bad player but the ball into the box in the first half he doesn't even attempt to go for it. You put Forrester, Halliday or Garner in there and the get to the ball first before the keeper and score. That's the desire he is missing. 

I think he is a good player but his style, which I think is counter attacking football just doesn't work when 90% of the teams we play try to stifle us. 

I'm not talking about assists if I was to go on about that I'd have to question Hodson etc etc. I'm talking about desire. I'd rather have a guy in my team who left everything on the park and contributed to play than a guy who is largely anonymous. 

MoH is more suited to games like this Sunday in the last 20 odd minutes when Aberdeen tire a bit and leave more space. He isn't suited to trying to unlock stubborn defences IMO