O'Halloran

ready1873

26 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It's bizarre how grown men care about whether the guy smiles when he sets a goal up or that his middle name is Francis then complain about sectarianism. Honkin patter.

Fuck they would have hated Negri and all his goals then! :lol:

I'm probably one that many would deem as a "Caveman" with my support for Rangers, I think the Protestant, Unionist and Loyalist identity is a really important as part of our Club, in an ideal world I'd love to see an eleven of born and bred Rangers men. I am an unashamed Loyalist and supporting Rangers to me goes hand in hand with that although many will disagree.

Times have changed however, we've watched as "Proper Bluenoses" have either treated our Club like shite and not lived up to the expectations of our Club whilst the likes of Amoruso, McCann, Albertz and Novo have demonstrated more of the "No Surrender" spirit and proudly represented the ethos of our Club more than our "own". Rangers men playing Football like Alex McDonald, Davie Cooper and Ian Ferguson are few and far between.

O'Halloran is far from a perfect player but the same could be said for many of our First Team at the moment, he did his bit tonight and deserves as much praise as anyone else, he came to this Club from the background he came from without a hesitation and could have easily held out for a move elsewhere.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I said in the match thread MOH can be dangerous with his speed so sometimes he's an asset but he's never involved in the game enough in the way Forrester and Windass are. Aside from the two assists, ( and speed ) I think he lacks basic skills.

Rather have someone no involved n create 2 tap ins as a guy whos always involved in greedy shots over the bar from 30 yards n shocking challenges

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Harry's a better player mate imo

Saw a lot of moh watchin my wee bro at st johnstone mate hel stay wide n leave the central space for the likes of holt to break into .. hes totally dedicated to hittin the byline n laying balls back tho .. his assists rate is very good a make that 7 in his last 2 games for us, albeit teams in lower division than us. I wouldnt say qos on current form are much worse than say motherwell, hamilton killie etc tho

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Sorry it's just my opinion. He lacks the heart. Not saying he is a bad player but the ball into the box in the first half he doesn't even attempt to go for it. You put Forrester, Halliday or Garner in there and the get to the ball first before the keeper and score. That's the desire he is missing. 

I think he is a good player but his style, which I think is counter attacking football just doesn't work when 90% of the teams we play try to stifle us. 

I'm not talking about assists if I was to go on about that I'd have to question Hodson etc etc. I'm talking about desire. I'd rather have a guy in my team who left everything on the park and contributed to play than a guy who is largely anonymous. 

MoH is more suited to games like this Sunday in the last 20 odd minutes when Aberdeen tire a bit and leave more space. He isn't suited to trying to unlock stubborn defences IMO 

There's nowt to base that on beyond some extreme extrapolations from his body language. As I said, if he hadn't been a mhank as a boy nobody would be interpreting that so keenly. No idea what ball you're talking about. Clearly not something that stuck out to me.

His style was clearly more effective than Forrester today, and that was in a game that was quite the opposite from counter attacking. Maybe that says something.

The difference with Forretser is simply that he's more industrious and people up here like that alot. Alot of his end product is inept though, whereas, today certainly, MOHs was good, and it has in generally been decent enough and improving when he's had the chance. 

Hodson is a full back mate. No comparison there in terms of assists, but it's definitely comparable and relevant when looking at the likes of Forrester and OH.

Like I say, I don't know if MOH will make it, but giving him criticism today is harsh, especially when the likes of Forrester get a free ride in those terms.

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Yes. My whole point is the difference in attitude and desire between the two. He could've stuck his head on the line and got to the ball before the keeper in the first half. If it was Forrester, Halliday or Garner they get to the ball first and its a goal. 

I don't have anything against him, IMO his heart isn't in it, neither is he mentally. That's what seperates normal footballers to being able to handle playing for Rangers, the mentality

See at times, you would have thought Miko, Peter Huistra and the likes didn't want to be here. Compared to Stuart McCall they all looked as lazy and disinterested as fuck.

Players just have different styles.

38 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Forrester needs to learn to stop being so fucking greedy and realise it's about the team not just him 

Thats part of what makes him unpredictable to the opposition and gives him an edge, needs to control his tackling though or he might give Sutton a heart attack

Fuck O'Halloran he's a taig, A TAIG. HE HATES OOR CLUB AND DOESN'T WANT TO PLAYE HERE HE'S WORKING FOR THE SCUM.

That's pretty much the vibe I get every time I hear that Sassaaaa cunt talk about the lad.

Seriously with this lad I think seeing him live is key to figuring out what he does, he creates a gap between the fullback and centre half because they are so worried about leaving him in space he also made several dangerous runs which pulled players out of position and allowed our midfielders to exploit that space. This coupled with his pace and the 2 assists he got makes me think he deserves a start vs the sheep.

19 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Seriously with this lad I think seeing him live is key to figuring out what he does, he creates a gap between the fullback and centre half because they are so worried about leaving him in space he also made several dangerous runs which pulled players out of position and allowed our midfielders to exploit that space. This coupled with his pace and the 2 assists he got makes me think he deserves a start vs the sheep.

Exactly what i said .. hes what the wide players in the 3 should be .. hit the by line & hit a target man .. waggy n forrester out wide cutting inside at 25 yards out looking to get a shot away isnt .. if the wide 2 stay out it leaves 2chs marking the cf (garner id have) and means any late runners are coming in unmarked ala the wee man holt tonight 

3 hours ago, jim white's a bear said:

Bet the cunt has seafood in it though, mussels, shrimps, clams, scallops etcetera. Calamari et al are just posh friday fenian foodstuff

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that is an abomination unto you. :wink:

8 hours ago, Inigo said:

I would say so.

Even when teams are looking to double up, a good team should be able to either help move them about a bit so that he can get a few one-on-ones. Good players can deal with that kind of stuff whether through skill or movement. Needs a run to see if he can.

I know we were a bit better at it lastnight , but in a general sense we don't seem to have counteracted the fact teams are doubling up against us. 

Need to spend more time at the train ground to get round that . If Wallace and Mckay can rediscover their combination , and we can find an equivalent to do the same with Tavernier , would go a long way to solving it. 

8 hours ago, Misteral said:

Totally agree, nothing against MOH so much but Forrester should always be ahead of him

Two different types of players . 

No doubting Forrester shows his commitment with the effort he puts in , but sometimes that can work against you in that you can try too hard. 

Ultimately it's the end result that matters , and tonight MOH laid on two goals despite looking lackadaisical . In fact look at Kranjcar , how many goals /chances did he set up and he's the most laid back of them all ! 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Two different types of players . 

No doubting Forrester shows his commitment with the effort he puts in , but sometimes that can work against you in that you can try too hard. 

Ultimately it's the end result that matters , and tonight MOH laid on two goals despite looking lackadaisical . In fact look at Kranjcar , how many goals /chances did he set up and he's the most laid back of them all ! 

Forrester is lucky he never got sent off last night and against Dundee really needs to channel his emotion a bit better! Like watching him on the ball always tries for us! Not a fan of MOH but after tonight give him a wee run let's see what he can do for us