*** Official Rangers vs Ross County Reaction Thread ***

LiviGer

First off not a great result today.

If I'm honest I expect us to win all games comfortably at ibrox but today again we were far too wasteful on front of goal.

Lets be clear we are nowhere near challenging Celtic for the title but then again I didnt expect us to this season and am taken aback by the panic merchants in our support calling for warburtons head already. Where has this arrogance came from? We have not even played a first round of games yet.

This is a much tougher league than the championship and the players need time to adapt as well as the new players given a chance to bed in. But oh no we are not happy, we want instant success......... tough. We as a support need to grin and bear it. Both for the team to gel and warburton and weir to grow and learn as a management team. This is a work in progress and a three year project. 

Too many on here are acting like spoilt little kids, this isnt the 90s and certainly after the administration fiasco it was always going to be a long time until we are at full strength and dominating scottish football.  

Its time to back the team, hopefully secure at least second place and we can pick the bones of it at the end of the season. 

I'll just say when we do click this season I think very few teams will be able to deal with us. I have the patience as I believe it will be worth playing the long game, things are getting sorted behind the scenes like the academy which will stand us in good stead. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

Don't know what to say after that. There were some positives to take from it, but I can't understand how none of our players could finish. 

Tav and Windass should have both been on the scoresheet no doubt about it.

In my opinion the lack in versatility of our tactics is going to be our downfall unless Warberton does something different and fast!

We literally threw everything we had at them today. If we can't break down teams like Ross County, we'll be struggling to be in the top 5 come Christmas. 

There are 2 versions of reality at Rangers F.C.

A.) The Scottish media are negative. Mr Mark Warburton has the team playing really well in training!

or

B.) Its a results business and we are not getting the results!

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Apart from scoring on the break, RC gave the perfect performance against us.....everyone knows how easy it is nowadays. We still offer the same formation, tactics and wanting to retain possession that is now becoming utter pish to watch. Someone, somewhere needs to take MW and DW in to a room, show them the video and tell them it is unacceptable to be dropping home points to Hamilton and Ross County when we are haemorrhaging thousands of pounds per week in wages on this lot. 

Ultimately, I fear MW has taken us as far as he can.....he's got a month to sort it out or he'll be packing his bags. Different ethos of not, PLG will tell you if you're well off the pace you get sacked. If we play like that against the sheepy pricks and the maroon pricks, we're in for a hiding from both and then the management team can get tae fuck as far as I'm concerned, I've had it.  We've wasted what little money we have this summer and all the positivity we had (confirmed by selling >40k season tickets) has been ruined inside 2 months. 

I wish it was a surprise but weve been bobbing along in the sea of mediocrity for months, with capatain cliche at the helm and the board like the crew of the Mary Celest. Something must change. 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Apart from scoring on the break, RC gave the perfect performance against us.....everyone knows how easy it is nowadays. We still offer the same formation, tactics and wanting to retain possession that is now becoming utter pish to watch. Someone, somewhere needs to take MW and DW in to a room, show them the video and tell them it is unacceptable to be dropping home points to Hamilton and Ross County when we are haemorrhaging thousands of pounds per week in wages on this lot. 

Ultimately, I fear MW has taken us as far as he can.....he's got a month to sort it out or he'll be packing his bags. Different ethos of not, PLG will tell you if you're well off the pace you get sacked. If we play like that against the sheepy pricks and the maroon pricks, we're in for a hiding from both and then the management team can get tae fuck as far as I'm concerned, I've had it.  We've wasted what little money we have this summer and all the positivity we had (confirmed by selling >40k season tickets) has been ruined inside 2 months. 

Wholeheartedly agree with your first paragraph and reluctantly agree with the second.

I really like Warburton, I think he has the makings to be a great manager if he can learn to adapt from opposition to opposition. This single service game plan of 'do plan A better' is killing us.

I remember thinking 'jammy bastards' after I watched Ross County put Hibs out the league cup last season, Hibs were easily the better team and had enough chances to bury the game, then Ross County went up and scored. 

Same thing happened today. 

Windass should've scored, tav should've scored, keeper pulled off a brilliant save, ball off the line and O'Halloran hit the cross bar. 3 clear cut chances there that really should have been buried. Poor finishing and bad luck cost us today. 

Its a positive though that we know what the problem was today and it's a completely different problem from last week. Problem got sorted from last week, hopefully this week's get sorted for the Aberdeen game next week. 

2 minutes ago, davidcooptemp said:

Dont blame warbs. I put the blame firmly with king promising him millions & delivering nothing the guys a born liar.

I do blame him,he picks the team and plays the tactics he want's the team to play.he also has bought some dross by the looks of things and chose to neglect the defence which is horrendous.

King must also take the blame and dig deep or do one.

2 minutes ago, davidcooptemp said:

Dont blame warbs. I put the blame firmly with king promising him millions & delivering nothing the guys a born liar.

He's been given enough to waste on O' Halloran and Garner, plus bug wages on Kranjcar and Barton, new contracts for Tavernier, Waghorn, McKay etc etc

Ok he hasnt been given millions to spend, but what money he has been given he doesn't seem to have spent well.

Game after game Warburton does not seem to be able to get the players into a way of playing that delivers.   It might look fine and dandy and well prepared on a training pitch but as soon as contact with the opposition materialises, the ability to carry out the game plan and follow it through by scoring goals and winning evaporates.    The more the continues, the more it will seem he is an classroom manager - an analyst great at theory but struggling to muster the ability to get the players to deliver.   An experiment it may be for Warburton, and for Rangers, but this season its shaping up to be a frustrating and disappointing one.   And one where the patience of the Support would be severely tested.  

Right now Warburton and the squad are not delivering as they should be.   That cannot be ignored or lightly set aside.